Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ted 1

Mind you, if she'd accepted my offer of a date, I could have been in this position. What a wake up call! This is certainly an antidote for unrequited love.
If you were “in this position”, you would be the one cleaning up / clearing out the junk, carrying dressers up the stairs and through narrow doors, then going out to thrift stores to buy MORE junk ! Then, after that, told you are “grumpy” ! All while K dresses up in her best outfit to cinematically dump a pail of debris into the back of a truck for the camera.

You STILL don’t know how lucky you are !

Jerry

VIP Member
What does KyLIE really know how to do ?

I think she would do well to spend time to learn how to do something well, before trying to capitalize and monetize herself.

She seems to be pretty good at operating a drone; maybe she should stick to that for awhile.

Jerry

VIP Member
For that matter your response to my very heartfelt explanation as to how I came to sponsor Kylie and my widowed state was insensitive too!
As far as I recall, I read your post about your widowed state; I listened and empathized, I did not respond at all. How it is that you now call my response “insensitive” is beyond me.

This is starting to feel like some sort of game, similar to other posts we’ve read before
from ToomuchTuscansun and Ekm.

Jerry

VIP Member
Still haven’t seen KyLIE’s last video except to skip through it. I think she knows she’s becoming irrelevant, based on the quality and quantity of her output. I’ve seen the same with other vloggers who really run out of things to say, based on their limited experience and outlook. Even with a load of Patreons, if the number is even true, doesn’t really assist if the inspiration isn’t there. Money only goes so far as an incentive. She runs the risk of boring herself. Even a narcissist can get tired of looking at themselves in a mirror.

Have been watching Outlanders, which is a trip back and forth through time and history. It focuses on the Scottish struggles as its baseline. The first seasons were compelling, but it has now taken on the aura of Indiana Jones; a crisis and unlikely rescue every 20 minutes.

Ted 1

Ooh yeah, that and the one about helping suicidal teenagers :rolleyes: .

I seem to have missed her lecture on neorealist cinema but if it was anything like the one she did on contemporary art a month or so ago I should count myself lucky :LOL:
It’s the “new and improved” kylie; watch for it soon on your shelves !

This next video, today, should be very interesting. I doubt that Guido will have any part in it.

Jerry

VIP Member
Masaccio, who preceded Michelangelo in Florence by more than 50 years, was known for his naturalistic and realistic style. He, in turn, was influenced by his study of Donatello.

1631104719869.jpeg

Jerry

VIP Member
Speaking of “free expression”, I offer an example of modern abstract expressionism from the 1950’s, Rothko’s Orange and Yellow;

1629529656620.png

It is said that the sublimity lies in the interface between the two planes as they transition one to the other. The subtlety reflects the spirituality present and inherent in the relationship between mind and heart.

Of course, It takes imagination and direct engagement and experience to fully fathom.

It doesn’t have the gravitas of “dancing dogs”, but it does attempt to represent meaning, in a modern way, as an ineluctable yet ephemeral value.

The joy lies in the edges, not in direct representation, something KyLIE would fail to grasp or appreciate.

PlinyinTorquay

Chatty Member
I saw 2min if the latest and gave up. as someone said her voice in English is now really Italian sounding, weirdly sounds very similar to how Guido speaks in English
I suppose @emm if they spend so much time together she might pick up some of his intonation? Hard to tell, I think it’s feasible but K isn’t totally authentic IMO so it could be an affectation.

emm

VIP Member
What's really funny is Arezzo is quite touristy and has been especially since La Vita è Bella, yet since she had never been before, evidently was "ok" to send the masses! 🙄 But Siena is too touristy and other places are too "sacred" to share lest people stampede there en masse thanks to her.
I have been to both Siena and Arezzo, but no idea of the distance between them and the coop - could the possible reason be that one is close to that?

PlinyinTorquay

Chatty Member
j
Goodness, is it down to 780 now?

Nice quotation @estellastheme, where is it from or are you quoting yourself?

@Spirit of place I wish I could find a code for Tatlers as there is something I very much need to convey. 😣. Sumac is a spice used in Middle Eastern cuisine https://www.masterclass.com/article...ow-to-use-sumac-with-tips-and-8-sumac-recipes. The vegetable in the salad is fennel. The salad was a side to saumon en papillotte. Venice is very photogenic or ‘cinematic’. The Canalettos in The Royal Collection are superb. They get exhibited at Buckingham Palace every so often. I recall reviewing them once in an article ‘A particularly English Obsession’. https://ur.booksc.eu/book/9537138/473155

I haven’t had time to watch Kylie’s vlog yet, nor shall I this morning. But if @Alessandro et als comments are anything to go by it sounds intensely annoying. I’m sure I will add my two cents anon.

I will see if I have a photo of Venice to add …,

P.S. you have some of the Louvre, a poster by St Germain des Pres about rats together with my iPhone screen as an added bonus 🤣
plinlyn ..ah yes sumac - I've found some in a cupboard with a bundle of spices bought in Istanbul & none of them have any aroma - note to self - buy only freshly ground where poss. Fennel is indeed a good foil to salmon.
Thank you Spirit. Yes, I can indeed be identified through my publications and citations. I was cited in a volume by Agamben and someone from the US tracked me down or at least to the education department at QM who connected us. We’ve enjoyed an intermittent correspondence since then. The guy concerned lives in NYC and goes to Coney Island once a year to read Hamlet, as you do. 🤣 I feel a little upset and frustrated at the moment as there’s a message I urgently need to convey. This is just bringing it home to me that I probably shouldn’t be here in the first place. With regard to the Sumac I don’t think it’s always necessary to add it to the recipe. 💕

Last edited: