Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jerry

VIP Member
Still haven’t looked, but won’t be surprised to see a “paid for ad” from the grifter couple, KyLIE and Potatohead. Once they see the possibility of cash, they choose that over genuine, quality content, is my guess. The beat goes on.

Last edited:

Spirit of place

VIP Member
@Jerry. Btw who is the THEY in the med tussle? I thought UPS were just carriers who deliver? Is it Customs?
Also why does the property manager have to oversee your air con? Is it centralized? Everyone is on the same system like old style heating? Have you checked his accounting in general and anyway how many apartments does he manage? Is he a letting manager for your property & if so who is the owner? It's ridiculous he's wielding his puny power over you. Before you arrived was your partner already there being downtrodden by him? Condominio life is fraught but you're def got the badge of a local🏆now & no longer a tourist so you could even be grateful to the bastard😫😫😫

Mkm

So true she never speaks of Greece, other than her way to get an E.U passport, which again puts her into a very small category of people that can go that route, and hence her experience of "making it" in Italy is of little use to most.

And what a rich authentic history she could delve into there, yet she chose not to for it is not Italy. (Yet Greece can easily stand up to Italy when it comes to all things cuisine and history) her loss.

Yes, the random car quote put on the screen is sailing quite close to fraud (sailing pun intended)

Would love to know how much she believes her own hype, and how much she is being blatantly cynical and playing to the crowd (fake laughs and potentially fabricated hire car receipt as examples).

I almost hope she is on the cynical side of the spectrum, then at least I could almost respect her for the snake oil salesman she is.

Jerry

VIP Member
I saw a couple of people in her YT comments asked why no summery travel videos.
Instead we get Kylie cooped up in the kitchen or buying junker cars.
Bets on how often she will narrow her eyes and bite her lip while she checks on the cheesecake baking? Lol
And lean over, strategically, as she checks the oven or the sun or whatever she is cooking with !

I don’t know about anyone else, but the thought of eating cheesecake on a hot summer day does not appeal.

The peaches I will take !

Jerry

VIP Member
That's Apple. 😜😂 But really, any product I've bought from Best Buy has been exchanged without question (obvs within the return period.)
I admit, I also have little tolerance for stupid rules and, in Italy, they abound.

There’s an IKEA in the region, so I don’t know if it’s the Swedes or Italians, but I’ve had a few battles at their cafeteria. It usually goes something like this;

I’ll have the salmon... with mashed potatoes.

You can’t have mashed potatoes with salmon.

Perche ?

Because it’s the rule.

Why is it the rule; I want mashed potatoes.

You can only have greens with salmon.

Why can’t I have mashed potatoes ?

Because you can only have mashed potatoes with meat balls.

Why ? I want salmon.

Because it’s not possible.

Why not ?

It’s the rule.

I want to speak with the manager. (It is now possible)

Oh, after 3 days, I finally got for a reply, this after 8 days arrived in Italy on a 3 day delivery for which I paid $150 premium.

They want me to find a doctor and have them prescribe the same meds so that Italy can gain the proceeds. This is how they want me to use the country’s medical resources and time, in a pandemic, during Covid.

“ Dearest, for the case specified by you, or of a foreigner residing in Italy, the import pursuant to the Ministerial Decree of 11 February 1997 requires the prescription of the required drugs by a physician licensed on the national territory.

The same DM provides for the possibility, in cases justified by objective characteristics of exceptionality, and if there were no valid therapeutic alternatives in Italy, the use of such solutions, which can be evaluated from time to time

special needs that justify the use of unauthorized medicinal products, in the absence of a valid therapeutic alternative, ... the import referred to in paragraph 1 of the same DM, is justified by objective characteristics of exceptionality and the use of the drug must take place in compliance, as well as the legislation in force in Italy of the conditions of use authorized in the country of origin. "”

Last edited:

Mkm

@Mkm with regard to Kylie's mega mailout being a tax-relief strategy I mention this towards the end of the last thread. I will see if I can forward that for you. Having escaped the fate of becoming a chartered accountant I have been wondering if this was the case for some time.

This was the quote I was initially referring to, thanks indeed Gerry

Jerry

VIP Member
I think you are on to something. Kylie probably sensed it too, which is why before Covid, she chose to focus on travel and different locations. For most of us, travel is more exciting than our usual lives. Kylie is not an exception to that. Perhaps for the first time, there's an extended period of content being focused on Kylie's life and home, and it's just not interesting enough.

Regarding the frog: Her feet are so big because they're so much closer to the camera. A few months ago, there was an odd photo of President Biden and his wife visiting Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter. The Bidens were on the side and due to the camera lens, the Bidens are enormous and made the Carters look like tiny dolls. It's a hilarious photo.

View attachment 657265

I think this is what's happening with Kylie's feet.
That much exaggeration is Photoshopped.

Jerry

VIP Member
@Jerry you got ripped off on the AC cleaning. I pay 80€!😳 Are these people "connected" with your property manager's list of businesses to be used?
No kidding; about fourfold. No, this was another company we called because we couldn’t get the “recommended” service to come out.

I was tired that day, didn’t feel like arguing, was just glad to get the a/c finally, only to realize that we had to call them back. We talked to them, told them they overcharged; “boss” agreed. We’ll get free service or money back.

It’s all so very tedious, sometimes we feel like we’re living amongst robbers and thieves. Customer service is not a concept that has found its way to Italy.

Romance ? Ha !!

And, No; we were informed that Italian customs would not allow me to receive my package with my personal meds, they will be tossed out.

Last edited:

Jerry

VIP Member
I finally happened upon CNN’s Searching for Italy, last night. Tucci still doesn’t impress, I find him a bit of a goof, but at least the hour wasn’t spent focussed just on him !

This one was on Tuscany and had some interesting discussion points; the difference between Florentine cuisine and Cucina Povera, the city and countryside, rich and poor.

I was recently in Livorno to explore and found it surprising; I learned last night that the Medici’s created this port for international trade.

The tomato came, of course, from the Americas and transformed Italian cuisine, along with various spices that became available and were incorporated into the kitchen.

There are regional foods that use different ingredients for a similar dish (ie, milk versus oil) and various dishes are jealously held by those regions that insist only they can make them.

Overall, worth a look.