Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So how does it work? Do
You have to sign up for a klarna account? Or does the website you’re ordering from provide it automatically? I would be worried that people wouldn’t realise what they’ve signed up for

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
I use it but it is very easy to spend way too much; especially if you use different email addresses for different websites as it creates a separate Klarna account.

I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of what I owed and when it was due. I don’t think it affects your credit search unless you miss payments. They don’t do a check when you set up your account. It just asks for your email address and date of birth.

GossBoss

VIP Member
I use klarna all the time, mainly because I order different sizes and it's just so convenient. I have an app like thing on my phone, it updates instantly, the returns I log on there too and I pay in full for what I keep after 30 days. My credit score hasn't been affected at all by it but maybe it would if I didn't pay in full after the 30days etc ?

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I used Klarna once for a £100 ASOS order split over 3 months, set it to take the money out on payday every month. I downloaded the app and found it really handy to use. I think as long as you're sensible with it and never actually buy anything you can't afford then there isn't a problem. I have heard stories of people missing payments and it affecting their credit score though, but I had mine set to automatically take the payment out of my bank account every month so I didn't have to remember to do it.

I tend to buy my essential make up/skin care etc in bulk from ASOS when they have 20% off sales and would probably use it again for such orders.

Mums84

VIP Member
I've used it to buy myself presents 'from my children' from cult beauty. Ridiculous and extravagant eyeshadows, mascara and foundation that I have no need for but wanted so much for my birthday. You can spread it over 3 payments too with cult beauty. Can see the danger in it but for only a few purchases i love it and it cut the guilt into 3 also.

I can see it becoming addictive to many people but I have to admit I do have it even though I use it sparingly when shopping on ASOS due to many times I'll do a slightly larger order and pay it back fully in two installments.

Leftpeg9

Chatty Member
I think klarna can have a negative impact on one's credit score.

I don't shop online a lot, but I don't mind waiting few days for a refund.
No it doesn’t affect credit scores by using it if youbuy and pay when you should. The shit would only hit the fan if you didn’t pay your balance when it’s due.
If I remember rightly it’s pretty clear on their site when you use it.

I use it for the odd purchase. As others have said it’s good for the likes of ASOS and Boohoo where you really don’t know what size is landing in your letterbox!

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I’ve ordered a few things and have been sensible with the amount of money I’ve spent but it is a slippery slope , no doubt.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
I use it but it is very easy to spend way too much; especially if you use different email addresses for different websites as it creates a separate Klarna account.

I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of what I owed and when it was due. I don’t think it affects your credit search unless you miss payments. They don’t do a check when you set up your account. It just asks for your email address and date of birth.
Isn't klarna treated like a credit card though? You could use it so there is a risk

erin182

VIP Member
I’ve used klarna for over a year now but I’ve never bought anything for over £50. I’m weird cause I will only buy myself things (such as makeup) if I know I HAVE to pay it back next month 😂