Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

laughing

VIP Member
It should have finished at the end of season 2.

They have just dragged it out and spoiled it.

IMHO

Reactions: 16

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I wish phoebe Waller would have come back and wrote the end season! She gave us so much season 1 and that’s why we fell in love with the characters.
Too many loose ends wasn’t tied up. Like Pam? What’s the point in her. Was konstantin Kennys Dad? Villanelle spared carolyn then she gave orders to kill her. Does Carolyn think Eve is dead also???
Why did Irina Konstantin’s daughter randomly make an appearance by voice

Reactions: 11

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Has anyone else seen episode 2? If so, what did you think? I liked it a lot more than the first episode. Rambling thoughts and spoilers below.

I really liked the scene with Eve and Helene, it felt more like classic Killing Eve. It shows like Eve hasn’t changed as much as she likes to claim, she still loves the danger.

I loved seeing the guy who’s an expert on psychopaths again! Remember he was worried about Eve back in season 2 (?).

Carolyn, ugh I feel bad for her, now she’s feeling the pain from Kenny’s death and it shows in a way it didn’t in the last series.

I hope that’s the last we see of the Villanelle/Jesus character. Is it weird I felt sorry for Villanelle though?

I also felt sorry for the Konstantin fans since he wasn’t in this episode.

LOVED this look of Eve’s, and this shot.

C014C43B-59CD-4974-9810-BEEAFD2E3179.jpeg

Reactions: 11

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
Now I’ve finally watched the finale the whole way through; I can give my two pence…
Season 4 has been an absolute let down from start to finish. Just nowhere near good enough. I’ve read a lot of people down talking S3, but I thought it was great (apart from what I’ve previously stated; BASTIDS KILLED OFF KENNY! 😩). As I said earlier in the thread, what’s really bugged me is the lack of continuity from the end of S3 to this one. The finale felt rushed, and a hugely anticlimactic. Who the frig were The 12?! What was their motivation?! Why were they a bunch of faceless nobody’s, who just got banged round the head by Villanelle in the end?! Who ordered Kenny’s death?! Who killed Kenny?! Is Carolyn the head of the 12, a double agent? I’ve read theories that the note from Konstantin said that Villanelle killed Kenny, which was Carolyn’s motivation to get her bumped off. What I feel I could decipher, is similarly to S2, Carolyn ‘used’ Villanelle to do the dirty work - The 12 are done away with, Carolyn can return to MI6 triumphant, whilst also getting ‘revenge’ for Kenny’s death. Who pulled the trigger on Villanelle? Was it Pam? Though it looked like she turned down the job… What was the point of Helene?! She was meant to be the big baddy.. her death was naff. I fully expected that we wouldn’t get a happy ending, but I wanted something more than a sequence that lasted, like three minutes, Eve screaming and Carolyn saying ‘jolly good’.
Aaarrgh so many questions!!! Such a shame, the season was set up perfectly from the previous one. A hugely below par ending to what was a very clever, and hugely enjoyable show.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

musicalfan167

Chatty Member
I hope this new series ends with villanelle killing eve. If it doesn’t then they should of called it something else

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well I’ve just wasted approximately 360 minutes of my life on Season 4 which was a disappointment. 😑

The only highlight of the season was Konstantin and his contagious laugh.

Reactions: 8

Sprezza

VIP Member
Now I’ve finally watched the finale the whole way through; I can give my two pence…
Season 4 has been an absolute let down from start to finish. Just nowhere near good enough. I’ve read a lot of people down talking S3, but I thought it was great (apart from what I’ve previously stated; BASTIDS KILLED OFF KENNY! 😩). As I said earlier in the thread, what’s really bugged me is the lack of continuity from the end of S3 to this one. The finale felt rushed, and a hugely anticlimactic. Who the frig were The 12?! What was their motivation?! Why were they a bunch of faceless nobody’s, who just got banged round the head by Villanelle in the end?! Who ordered Kenny’s death?! Who killed Kenny?! Is Carolyn the head of the 12, a double agent? I’ve read theories that the note from Konstantin said that Villanelle killed Kenny, which was Carolyn’s motivation to get her bumped off. What I feel I could decipher, is similarly to S2, Carolyn ‘used’ Villanelle to do the dirty work - The 12 are done away with, Carolyn can return to MI6 triumphant, whilst also getting ‘revenge’ for Kenny’s death. Who pulled the trigger on Villanelle? Was it Pam? Though it looked like she turned down the job… What was the point of Helene?! She was meant to be the big baddy.. her death was naff. I fully expected that we wouldn’t get a happy ending, but I wanted something more than a sequence that lasted, like three minutes, Eve screaming and Carolyn saying ‘jolly good’.
Aaarrgh so many questions!!! Such a shame, the season was set up perfectly from the previous one. A hugely below par ending to what was a very clever, and hugely enjoyable show.
I'm glad other people have these questions 😅 I thought some stuff might have gone over my head cos I wasn't paying meticulous attention to the plot but it seems like neither were the writers.

Reactions: 7

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Young Konstantin was played by Kim Bodnia‘s son! Louis Bodnia Andersen. I wondered how he got The Laugh so right, and that explains i!

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Spilttea

VIP Member
Practically hate watching this at the moment just so I can see it through to the bitter end. One of my fave shows of recent years has been reduced to a steaming pile of pretentious poo. Season 1 was the best, they could have stopped there, Season 2 still had a lot of grace and good will viewers from S1. Anything that has come after that wasn’t needed and ruined an otherwise iconic show.

How much plot armour does Eve have?!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Is Carolyn the head of the 12, a double agent? I’ve read theories that the note from Konstantin said that Villanelle killed Kenny, which was Carolyn’s motivation to get her bumped off.
That would have made the ending a tiny bit more bearable, but like @Sprezza says, it’s like the writers weren’t really paying attention to the plot.

I‘m so disappointed in the way this season played out. All the religious imagery around Villanelle just felt tacked on instead of something with a bit more thought.
The writer, Laura Neale seemed to think that the ending should have been a relief to Eve, but then why would you show her and V get to a point where they could actually make sense as a couple?

I have to admit I became so fond of Villanelle over this last series, so I was maybe a bit over the top upset about her ending, but it’s good to see that a lot of people agree it was badly done.

I thought that the thing with the tarot scene was that it was intentional that the woman was so bad at reading them. She reminded me a lot of Carolyn’s daughter, Geraldine.

The only spin of I would like to see is of Martin. I loved him, it could make a great show, with him going about his life, listening to the Archers, his little milk things, calmly giving therapy to the Broadmoor inmates.

Just saw the finale and I am so disappointed. This season has been such a disappointment and it is not surprising that Jodie or Sandra have not promoted it this season. Jodie said that she is not sure of her opinion of the finale and I can see why.

Such a shame they did this to such an amazing show

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
Just watched the first ep of series 4, very meh. Such a shame as series 1 was brilliant and then it went downhill. Eve was always a bit annoying, but now she's completely unbelievable and annoying, like some kind of action figure. There was no threat or sense of danger in this ep, which S1 had in spades. I think it would have been wonderful if they'd finished after 1 season and just left it as a brilliant stand alone season.

Third book is terrible, I hope they don't go down that path, it wasn't satisfying and read like bad fanfic.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Agree with the last paragraph above - the disconnect with the other season, and what the actual point of this season is. Why are both Eve and Carolyn tracking down the 12? What’s the deal with Pam? But not sure I care. Am still enjoying Jodie Comer’s performance despite Villanelle’s directionless plot.
Thought the flashbacks were good for the likenesses to the present day characters, but overall am just feeling very meh😂

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I am so pissed off with that ending, that is such a disservice to the not only the actors who have spent years honing and creating these two brilliantly complex wonderful women, but it’s such a disservice to the fans too. Villanelle - such an interesting, gritty, complex character who has provided us with so many gasps and hilarious moments and so many gruesome deaths - that death was not it. Not the death she deserved. Though it’s clever, killing eve - killing villanelle killed eve basically. That shot with the hands where it was basically the the destruction of Eve was very clever.

Feel like I have so many questions about the show and the ending and like what was the point of Pam? Why did she kill Konstantin? Was Konstantin part of the twelve or was Carolyn? Villanelle didn’t kill twelve people on that boat… What was the point of that jesus storyline? I would’ve so preferred this series if they’d had more of Villaneve together going after the twelve etc.

• Heart

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
Episode 5 was so good! If anyone’s been underwhelmed so far, its worth continuing in my opinion.

Young Konstantin was hot!

Omg I loved loved loved the old backstory! It made so much sense, but it was still a nice surprise.
Loved Villanelle being the vigilante for Benita and her friends.
Eve was so so dumb in this episode, it’s getting harder for me to defend her as a fan! But I loved how her kidnapping Helene’s daughter was like Villanelle kidnapping Konstantin’s daughter in an earlier series.

Favourite expression was this. “It’s been done”. 🤪

View attachment 1157463

@Calmyourtitsdown I agree with so much of what you said, I’m curious if you think the last couple of episodes have been better?
Sorry for the late reply; I wanted to sit down and give a worthy response!
A bit… put it this way; at the beginning of Episode 5, I guessed straight away who the young woman was, and it’s the first time this season where I felt I could follow where they were going with this…
I really wish PWB had come back to write this one, or at least an episode!
I’m really struggling with the disconnection from the previous seasons. Just hoping it’s going to be all worth it in the end, and it goes out with a bang. It’s four years of my life I’ve invested into this programme! 🤣 It can’t of all been for nothing! 🙏🏻

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Can someone please explain the ending to me!? Was Carolyn the 12 or did she manipulate it so Villanelle murdered the 12 then got a hit out on Villanelle after she'd finished the job?? Honestly it was all so confusing and messy, I can't keep up!
I don’t know for sure, this is just my thoughts, the last series was so badly written overall, it was hard to tell.

I think the idea was meant to be that Carolyn was never really aligned with anyone else, she only cared about herself. I don’t think she was ever really part of the 12, she was just there undercover when they were formed.

I think Villanelle murdering the 12 was all her own choice, it just worked out well for Carolyn too.

By the end, Carolyn was back in MI6 and ordered the hit on Villanelle just to prove she was loyal to them.

But if anyone else saw it a different way, I’d be interested to see what you think!

Reactions: 5