Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

haveuseenmyfriendbert

Hey I am starting keto this week I have tried a couple diets in the past, calorie deficit and slimming world. I’ve heard it can be dangerous if breastfeeding so a bit worried. Do I need to buy ketosis test strips? Also any decent foods from Tesco whilst I do my online shop? Already found a chicken and vegetable soup which is low carb

Also any low carb recipes / alternatives for tomato ketchup? I can’t cope without it
I never found a good ketchup so made my own substitute with (homemade) mayo in a blender with a little tomato purée, Himalayan salt & a liquid sweetener. It’s not the same but the best substitute I found.

Readread

VIP Member
I don't really feel any different nor do I think my body looks any different either. I don't know if this "whoosh" is a real thing and your body will start to lose 2lb a week after you get past the 6 week phase. Really hoping so. It's disheartening how long it can take to lose weight.

conrea37

VIP Member
Hey all you cool cats and keto-ers

I’m getting ready to start Keto in a few days (need to clear my cupboards and do a food shop and read the book I ordered off Amazon first) I’m excited! Mainly doing it firstly for: Weight Loss, but also because I have PCOS and an addiction to sugar which is definitely something that needs to be nipped in the bud. I thought I’ll stick to it for a month then I will re-assess. It seems like a lot of work cooking etc instead of being able to grab something from the freezer but hey, I’ve got time on my hands due to recent events.

One question I am deliberating over is whether to count calories or not? I’d rather not and just Keep a count of carbs ... someone on another forum said you will lose weight on keto just by counting your carbs
Correct. I printed a load of meal plans off the Diet Doctor website, you can get a month of premium free! Focus only on counting carbs, especially at the start.

Pussy Galore

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have been minimising my carbs for 2 weeks now in preparation for the full thing next week.
I love fruit, so cutting that would probably be the hardest part for me, and chocolate (I dont like dark chocolate)

I have endometriosis and theres a lot of things about cutting out meats and fats etc due to hormones and it potentially making the endo grow. I've got nothing to lose from trying it as I'm working from home anyway!

What do you set yourself as a daily carb intake?
I'm following people on instagram who do different things, not sure what a good staring limit is.

Thank you!!

Doc

VIP Member
Honestly it’s so good!! I have a really sweet tooth too but when I do Keto, it seems to disappear! Keto is really good for kicking bad habits.
Fasting aswell as Keto gives it an extra boost too. You don’t necessary need to exercise with it either but it’s obviously does help. Reasearch says that if you follow Keto and exercise before eating, this will boost fat burning too!
By fasting I mean don’t eat from 7pm then eat the next afternoon. Only have a 6-7 eating window per day.
I always feel more energetic, sleep better and less hungry doing the Keto!
thanks! I will definitely look into it!

megsmagoo

VIP Member
B - Low carb roll, bacon and 2 chipolatas, ketchup

L - prosciutto and mozzarella salad with pesto

D - pork steak with broccoli and mayonnaise

S - cheesies

RubStar

Thought I would jump in the thread as I could really do with jumping from size 16 to at least a 12 (dream after kids). I red online about experiencing bad breath with keto tmi sorry but can anyone confirm? Something to do with how your body works

truffletrot

VIP Member
Nowt! I’m wondering if maybe I should, I hadn’t really thought about it to be honest, feeling quite fatigued today though and a bit weak after this morning when I felt quite energetic
Definitely order some of the my protein ones from Amazon, they give you the best bang for your buck.

Cantdeal

Hi just checking in as well, kind of dropped off a bit. Today is week 3 and I’ve lost 1 stone and 2lbs, I’m at my goal now which is great but I think I’ll carry on with this way of eating most of the time, I don’t want it to be pile back in on by diving head first into the carbs 😂
Amazing well done! 👏
Same, will be eating this way and yes I know exactly, don't want to plant face in carbs once restaurants open up, but I think ill have a balance and if one evening I do eat out, ill go back to Keto straight away the next day 😃

Thank you! 😃

conrea37

VIP Member
On day three and I am feeling so snackish. I have been adding more fats to my meals but I still feel the urge to gorge on cookies and sweets and all those carb things!
did anyone else struggle with this in their first few days/weeks? I’ve planned out my day macro wise and by the end of the day I will be over by 200 calories because I just smacked - still only 16g of carbs though.
I’m hoping things will calm down next week and I can start cutting down on calories (I want to lose about 50lb) but right now it’s so hard 😩
Yeah don't worry, sometimes I snack quite a bit on a challenging day (normally if I do a lot of exercise)

To be honest for the first few weeks I was just going to track carbs till I get used to things, should I be tracking calories etc?
I think that sounds sensible. Most people do lazy keto (just tracking carbs) until they stop losing. I don't think you need to start tracking calories unless you aren't losing. Good luck!

Don't forget electrolytes - magnesium (supplements) potassium (I use lo-salt) and sodium (from normal salt)

The keto and ketouk subreddits on Reddit are gold resources.

Cloak

VIP Member
An update on my Low Carb & Keto Bakery order, which I placed on 17th May.... still nothing! 😅 sooo ridiculous.