Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
She was very much ‘of her time’ and that time was very short, essentially.

She was one of the last, and probably best, sexualised, risqué pin up style female pop stars. When kissing a girl was still titillatingly taboo and you could get away with song titles like ‘ur so gay’ and make a sketch solely about the size of your tits on SNL.

I loved the fact she was a natural curvy woman at the time, and she’s actually a lot more talented a musician than people give her credit for, but that whole act hasn’t survived the metoo movement, so that’s a massive chunk of her catalogue tarnished I guess. She very much rode the ‘sex sells’ approach, and whilst she still went on to greater heights (Firework, Roar etc) her original act hasn’t aged well at all.

Reactions: 10

shellie

VIP Member
No way did she say the woman has been 'laying on the table too much':oops: 🤦‍♀️
Not really that much of a surprise considering her history of calling out Britney for years, thinking it's okay to lay a smacker on some poor guy just after they said they wanted their first kiss to be special and running up to Shawn Mendes on a red carpet and grabbing his ass...

Reactions: 6

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
I watched "Part of Me in 3D" in 2D. Still not sure who's side I'm on, if any.

Did he treat her like crap or did she affect his recovery with her partying? Then all the stories of her being high when she lopped off her hair, much to the annoyance of the record company. It's depressing that short hair was career suicide.

The witness live stream she came across as a bit thick, not pixie lott or Avril Lavigne levels of dim but not far off. Sorry I'm not trying to turn this into a trash thread, still love the song
tenor.gif
As the sober person maybe he shouldn’t have married her if she was a party girl? I admit my own bias against Russell Brand as he was very rude about her in interviews after the divorce, which I found utterly classless. He also completely lost me when he went full wannabe guru and stated he can’t look after babies because he’s a higher level being and his wife is better suited to such chores. Can somebody lend me more eyes to roll 😂😂😂 sorry going OT!

She definitely doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, but I appreciated she was trying to do something different with Witness. Can’t win them all I guess but at least she’s trying to evolve unlike some other big names that rinse and repeat the same formula.
I thought she looked lovely with short hair as her facial features are very pretty. The backlash was a little crazy.

openbook1

VIP Member
Old news but was it true that her and Russell Brand that time was just a showmance to boost her popularity in the UK and his in the USA? Apparently she has a bigger fan base in Europe and Asia and they don’t really care about her in the States!
I think they were legit. I watched her documentary and they caught when she was on tour and he dumped her via text and she was sobbing, almost collapsing and completely heartbroken. I don't think she could fake that.

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
I even watched her “movie” and she came across as a lovely person (I know, it was her movie so she’s not going to come across as a monster, but still!)
Russell Brand treated her like utter crap when she was a younger, more impressionable person and I definitely related to that!
I watched "Part of Me in 3D" in 2D. Still not sure who's side I'm on, if any.

Did he treat her like crap or did she affect his recovery with her partying? Then all the stories of her being high when she lopped off her hair, much to the annoyance of the record company. It's depressing that short hair was career suicide.

The witness live stream she came across as a bit thick, not pixie lott or Avril Lavigne levels of dim but not far off. Sorry I'm not trying to turn this into a trash thread, still love the song

Reactions: 5

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
I think she was legit, Brand probably fancied her but a lot of his intentions were to become one of the Hollywood "set" as at the time he was aiming to be a Hollywood star. He has reinvented himself several times since but is now some kind of spiritual yogi/guru.
They were very into one another but it was all passion with no real pause to develop real feelings.

Matt Morgan once said when Russell was in LA, he was in one hotel and she was staying in a separate one across the street, because they both had a favourite and neither would back down and agree with the other. This is early in their marriage too.

At that particular time, Russell had delusions of grandeur and felt he could do no wrong (he’d gone from MTV junkie to E4 presenter to radio personality to arena sell out comedian to Hollywood actor in the space of 2 years) and Katy was surrounded by the usual big American pop star yes men sycophants, who felt Russell could only be bad news for her.

It was always utterly doomed.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't think her label will be happy. Last campaign she was (allegedly) off her face then hacked off her hair and acted all funny making the album bomb. Must be 5+ years since she last had a huge hit.

Have I posted the nun yet on this thread? :LOL:

'Katy Perry, please stop': Nun pleads with pop star over convent sale before collapsing, dying in court

9536348-3x2-700x467.jpg

A nun who was involved in a lawsuit with pop star Katy Perry over the sale of a convent in Los Angeles has collapsed and died during a court appearance related to the case.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Is she pregnant do we think? Her outfit choice for Ellie Goulding’s wedding today was questionable to say the least!

Eirawen

VIP Member
Old news but was it true that her and Russell Brand that time was just a showmance to boost her popularity in the UK and his in the USA? Apparently she has a bigger fan base in Europe and Asia and they don’t really care about her in the States!
I think she was legit, Brand probably fancied her but a lot of his intentions were to become one of the Hollywood "set" as at the time he was aiming to be a Hollywood star. He has reinvented himself several times since but is now some kind of spiritual yogi/guru.

Yel

Chatty Member
Is she pregnant do we think? Her outfit choice for Ellie Goulding’s wedding today was questionable to say the least!
I was thinking that, after thinking it's weird to see the streets lined for Ellie Gouldings wedding

NINTCHDBPICT000517699906.jpg

• Haha

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Her new music video has dropped, and yes, she’s done a Demi.
What’s her new song “I’m the only person to be pregnant, ever!!” Sorry take all the photos you want but don’t make it into a promo opportunity!
(I’m also embittered on the ‘tempting fate’ side of things but that’s my own thing)

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
That crowd is not for Ellie Goulding’s wedding???
I wondered why she had a thread here but I hadn’t ventured into it 🤣🤣

• Haha

KINGAA

VIP Member
I have mutual friends with him, he was apparently not faithful at all to her while they were apart

• Sad

Eirawen

VIP Member
As the sober person maybe he shouldn’t have married her if she was a party girl? I admit my own bias against Russell Brand as he was very rude about her in interviews after the divorce, which I found utterly classless. He also completely lost me when he went full wannabe guru and stated he can’t look after babies because he’s a higher level being and his wife is better suited to such chores. Can somebody lend me more eyes to roll 😂😂😂 sorry going OT!

She definitely doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, but I appreciated she was trying to do something different with Witness. Can’t win them all I guess but at least she’s trying to evolve unlike some other big names that rinse and repeat the same formula.
I thought she looked lovely with short hair as her facial features are very pretty. The backlash was a little crazy.
His current wife seems to be trying to launch a career as a writer and she said in the Daily Mail that he is a very hands on Dad and those comments were taken out of context because it was all her fault for being too controlling with the kids. Sounds like Russell, who probably didn't like all that bad publicity as his latest incarnation is that of contented family man/guru, has brainwashed her to think that it was her fault all along, this is typical narcissist behaviour and he is a self confessed narcissist.

LoisLane

I think Katy Perry has the most hideous, nails down a blackboard singing voice when she tries to “belt out” a big note. She gets away with it on some songs where there aren’t too many high notes but that latest Daisies song chorus for example is horrendous. I can’t understand the popularity of her hits where she screeches like that.

• Haha

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
HOW did she do that?? The way she fixed her smile at the end.. 😔
I love her, and always have done. She can do no wrong in my book.
She’s come a long way personally since then.
I hope her and Orlando get married one day and ride of into the sunset, as they both deserve 🥰
(See, told ya I was a fan! 🤣)