Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry that couldn’t have been Katie you spoke to about the KKK joke as she said in her comment “she never seen it only heard about it” she couldn’t possibly comment. what a way to deflect eh I’ve went right off her she’s just playing the silence card now. I get she’s diplomatic as she used to be a police officer so I gather her diplomacy skills have been drummed into her.

Reactions: 5
I hope to not stir the pot but can we please stop bringing race into this in regards to Katie being white. I think that is inappropriate.

Reactions: 4
I hope to not stir the pot but can we please stop bringing race into this in regards to Katie being white. I think that is inappropriate.
Respectfully have to disagree with you. All the comments relating to race are topical, as Katie has been posting about the BLM movement. She's also mentioned her own race and understanding the privilege it affords her in her blackout Tuesday post, so I don't see how it's inappropriate.

Reactions: 9
@JessaP i agree wholeheartedly with you. We never once pinned it down to race but I’m going to take my views elsewhere. Before I do though I just want to say @Yoghurtpots that I haven’t encountered too much racism in my time I’ve had the odd monkey remark thrown my way or go back to where you come from which is Montrose Lol. I get the race thing is an uncomfortable conversation to have and we coloured people don’t really want to have it either but what Katie is doing just staying silent is what breeds contempt in the first place. And FYI Katie is the epitome of white privileged.

Reactions: 6
Blowing out somebody elses candle does not make yours shine brighter. There is no need to bring Katies race into it, if the shoe was on the other foot there would be uproar. Plenty of white people aren't privileged and they are also discriminated against over their colour (in Ireland for example).The fact that you are calling Katie White Privileged is in fact racist as you are saying it to be negative. I am not racist towards any colour, inclusing white so lets not cause a divide by finding it acceptable to insult white people. I think rather than blindly follow slogans and hashtags on social media people should apply critical thinking to what they are saying before divide happens even further.

Reactions: 7
I think that to recognise “White privilege “ is part of the journey to being anti racist.
It is statistically proven that UK brands use white people more than black people to advertise their brands. Going forward, all of these Instagrammers who were happy to post black squares on their grid and screen shot books about diversity and quotes about being anti racist , when they are approached by a brand , they should be asking the brand how many woman/men of colour they are also working with.
It’s not ok to just accept that as a white person , you have certain deep rooted privileges.

Reactions: 15
The UK doesn't have a huge race problem like the USA. Our media is not racist, it doesn't pit black against white. The UK as a whole is a multicultural place. Lets not try and pretend the UK is America and bring problems over here that for the majority don't exist. The Rochdale grooming gang was left alone by the police for fear of being racist, that is the UK. There is no need to slag Katie off for being white, or to call anyone because of their colour. Can't people see that doing that is hypocritical. Where are the other races mentioned, why are only white people privileged and racist? Its simply not true. I would also like to add that 4 in 100 white people are unarmed that are killed by the police in USA compared to 3 in 100 black people who are unarmed. Some police are power mad scum. I would advise people to do their own research on this movement, move away from Instagram black squares and hashtags and do your own research. Actually think what you are saying. If you all think insulting white people is going to sit well for long then you are in for a shock. It is going to cause a lot of trouble and will backfire. I am NOT racist, to ANY colour. Think up a new marketing strategy and less racist slogans please. It is not right to be a causal racist on this thread or anywhere.

I respect that everyone has different opinions. I respectfully disagree that the UK has a problem with racism.

Reactions: 14
I respect that everyone has different opinions. I respectfully disagree that the UK has a problem with racism.
Agreed. We're all entitled to our opinions. I was NOT "slagging" Katie off for being white. People were commenting on her BLM post in which she spoke about Rebecca Meldrum and white privilege. Nothing about it is inappropriate. I even commended Katie for responding to some criticism on her post really well.

There was no need for the ad hominem attacks on people's reasoning abilities or to try and censor what people comment about on the thread.

I don't agree with much yoghurt pots has stated but I respect their right to say it and not dictate what is and isn't appropriate to be discussed here.

I take it you’ve missed all the articles about Meghan markle and how when she for example ate an avocado she was accused of igniting riots and fears but when Kate had them it was a lovely snack?? Just one example

I take it you’ve missed all the articles about Meghan markle and how when she for example ate an avocado she was accused of igniting riots and fears but when Kate had them it was a lovely snack?? Just one example
Here’s a few examples

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Oh c'mon, Meghan Markle is disliked by the public because she seems a calculating and manipulative person. Nothing to do with the colour of her skin It took Kate and Camilla years to be accepted by the public, they mainly stayed silent, not fed the fire. I wanted to make my feelings clear on casual racism that I was noticing on this thread and on others, yes it is accepted by the majority at the moment that it is acceptable to do this but I wanted to voice my opinion on it as I think this is going to further the divide in the long run. It is hypocritical and unfair. I am not joining in on this white bashing nonsense, just as I would never join in on black bashing. I am not racist in every sense of the word. It is apparently racist to black people to say that "reverse racism" exists, even though it clearly is happening at the moment. Try telling white people under Hitler that they were privileged or the white slaves or previous generations. The Irish white people whom suffered (and some still do) great racism. I get there is a problem in America but please stop the casual racism, it will not help in the long run.

Reactions: 3
If you don't think the UK has a race problem then look at the salaries of black people vs white in this country. Look at the prison sentences of black people vs white for the same crime. Look at the death in childbirth statistics of black women vs white women. Look at the stop and search statistics on black people vs white people. The UK has a race problem.

Reactions: 21
I think the issue has been that Katie and in all honesty a lot of the other instragram mums have sat on the fence regarding any issues more serious than do your prefer Coke or Pepsi. Maybe she felt it wasn't her place to speak up or didn't want to muscle in on an argument that wasn't hers to have, maybe she didn't want to offend her audience or risk losing brand work if she came across as outspoken.

I don't know what her real thoughts are about Mrs Meldrum. Maybe if it happened now she would act differently or maybe she would think why kick someone when they are already being piled on by everyone else.

I won't derail this thread any further by going into the Megan Markle debacle here. We have no idea if she really is a manipulative schemer because we don't know her.

People have been respectful of your opinion and are allowed to disagree. Also, no one, literally no one is accusing you of being a racist. You keep saying it and reads as incredibly defensive. Especially as you're the one flinging the accusation around.

Pointing out privilege isn't racist. Pointing out that some have socio economic privilege isn't classist. Pointing out male privilege in the workplace isn't sexist. Everyone is open to critique

Also, my white working class Irishman husband also stated there's more to the discrimination of the Irish then "race" and that the socio-political and religious elements should not be dismissed.

Also, no one is retroactively applying white privilege to victims of Nazi Germany and slavery. Don't make straw men - it's intellectually dishonest.

Anyway. Agree to disagree. I won't de rail this thread any further.

Reactions: 12
Yes definitely lets agree to disagree. If you think casual racism to white people is ok or that it will help black people in the long run then I cannot change your mind on it.. or anyones. I'm afraid it will never sit well with me.

racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I don't think it is being racist to suggest that people acknowledge their white privilege. Especially as I am a white person having a discussion about other white people's behaviour and my own.

Nor do I think it is racist to wonder if these influencers will continue trying to grow and become anti-racist, especially when faced with the fact that many of them supported Meldrum's comeback after her racism incident. Its worrying that they could be using BLM for clicks rather than for actual personal growth, but only time will tell. I hope that they do continue to do the work, and that they encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: 10
I noticed that she's skipped her run because it's raining. Seems a bit counterproductive as the marathon is meant to be in October, it'll probably be raining then.
That's if they don't cancel it, pretty sure she's excited about that prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7
I just wish she would stop talking about how much water she drinks, does she seriously have nothing else to talk about?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.