Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
This is how I imagine the travel article is going to read when it is published 🤗☺☺. I literally can’t wait 🤗🤗

Just back from THE most amazing day ever, I can’t express how utterly divine it is here on St Lucia. The flight over was the best journey ever, eight hours of utter utter bliss ☺☺ while I snuggled under a blanket ignoring my children and enjoying the most delicious Bloody Mary l have ever had - I know I am so so lucky but just remember this is an edited highlights reel of my life and if you don’t like it, do curate your feed and unfollow - trolls and criticism will not be tolerated ☺☺☺. On arrival I collected my monogrammed luggage (AD- gifted), I travelled light this trip (I’ll be doing a live later about capsule dressing for tropical holidays - join me at 8pm!!), packing only 26 floral maxi dresses rather than the 30 I had originally planned for, but as 23 of them had POCKETS 🙌 I feel this was worth my husband having to condense his suitcase space to a couple of T shirts and a pair of shorts. I’ll pay him back later by posting a well edited picture of him looking vaguely chiseled, while I nestle into his shoulder holding a cocktail and laughing maniacally into the distance. After a lunch of the best fish (AD - press experience) I have ever tasted and the MOST delicious chilled rose, I had a little siesta and then settled down for a spot of work. This may look like an easy job to you but this is a new industry and let me tell you, I work like a dog (a miniature Australian labradoodle - I know you’ll ask) to bring well thought out brand deals that are well aligned with my career as a fashion writer, such as Flora margarine and SkyTV. Tonight we are off to dinner (in the interest of transparency, which I pride myself on as personally you can’t be too transparent in this industry 🤗 👊) the hotel very kindly (AD gifted) us a superb 3 course meal. Simply divine! 🥳🥳🥳 After a brief, blissful dip in the hotel pool (AD presstrip), I reapplied my HRT patch (I’ll be doing a live next week to give you an update on how the menopause is going for me after two weeks on the patches - I am feeling like a new woman!!!!!), pulled on my favourite Ridley maxi dress (S/S 21 AD- gift) and smoothed down my freshly highlighted hair (AD-press treatment). Tomorrow, I’ll be showing you how to apply stick on nails badly, and the effects of an AMAZING new cream (AD paid partnership) that I’ve been trialling for the last 3 days and which has made an incredible difference to my décolletage 👏 👊The day after that I’ll be boosting my engagement by posting a meme I found on Pinterest and perhaps a candid shot of me with a double chin 😂😂 as I, oops, opened the front face camera again - silly me!!! 🙈🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

mechanix

Followed Kat for years. I commented that the “terrorist” story and her handling of it made me very uncomfortable. That’s been deleted and I’ve been blocked. Casual racism at its “finest”. There are no words.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Here’s the thing - Kat has taken her blog/Instagram account from an endearing, well written and engaging bit of social media froth into what is quite likely to be (adding in ads, TV, trips, freebies) quite lucrative. She refers to all of her portfolio of various activities as work.
Here’s the rub - I have a job, I go to work. If I was to be have been seen in my workplace where comments of a racist nature had been shared, even if I didn’t utter a word, I would be quite rightly subject to a disciplinary investigation.
So, even if we take the apology at face value - this is her job, surely a top of their game professional would proof read and edit anything before publishing? Quite happy to take the money but not prepared to take the consequences.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Would the newspapers care? She's pretty insignificant in the media.
Depends how it’s spun.

Wealthy influencer host of BBC’s You Are What You Wear caused outrage on social media last week when she subjected her almost 250,000 followers to racist comments on her Instagram stories. Kat - who works regularly with household name brands such as M&S and who recently secured a book deal - then further astonished her fans by shutting down debate and blocking anyone who expressed concern or offence about the posts. One follower commented “it’s not ok to silence Muslim Asian voices for speaking out.” It’s believed the racist remarks were made either by Kat’s husband [insert biographical details] or his friend [blah blah].
Both M&S and the BBC have refused to comment.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Andra

Don’t dare comment that you don’t like something Kat wears. She raves about her Golden Goose sneakers and how cool they are and I had THE NERVE to say I prefer clean looking sneakers myself. I could have said a lot more but I refrained. Well of course I was attacked by her faithful fans all grovelling at her feet. One slag posted 3 times just to tell me not be negative; how old and uncool I was; and that I couldn’t afford them anyway. When I responded to the vicious remarks with a comment that her negative reaction was ironic given she criticised mine, Kat tagged me with a rebuke! Didn’t tag the slag however because she is a Kat fan of course. Pointed this out and promptly unfollowed her.
Don’t know why I lasted as long as I did. The other day she posted unflattering pics of herself in bikinis (wow! Isn’t Kat brave?) and someone suggested she buy a one piece. Well that didn’t go down well with KF did it? She wants a brown tummy it seems, though why is a mystery when she could whack on fake tan like she does everywhere else on the rare occasions she shows her midriff.
It’s time she changed her blog name too to DMBL50 cos the answer is YES!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Universal

Chatty Member
Has she learnt nothing? In her stories when she is talking about going to see her doctor about the menopause she mentions he is not English and joked about not even attempting to 'do the accent' when she was dishing out advice. Clearly her and her friends are all cut from the same cloth with their casual racism.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Aw Kat and her lovely friend @RidleyLondon are just having the most super day at Chelsea. Super honoured to be so, so lucky to be there. It’s all just so lovely and exquisite and to die for. Everyone is looking so lovely, especially Kat in her exquisite technicolour dreamcoat #giftRidley. Just the best day, so, so lucky.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
Remember when Jo Malone was sending huge parcels out to influencers too? I had a big battle with them to replace a missing item in one of my orders and they implied I was lying to get a shower gel. All the while giving out thousands of pounds worth of products to wealthy ladies of leisure.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Fully agree that people can and do change tack and that she doesn’t need to be qualified to be a stylist, but personally I don’t see a whole lot of styling going on. What I see is someone with a compulsion to buy stuff - most of it the same as the vast amount of stuff that she already has - an endless parade of dresses that only suit someone with her build, and stories with links to pretty much everything available online. There’s no curation, no attempt to put outfits together for anyone other than herself, and no real understanding of what people who don’t look like her or don’t have her lifestyle need or suit. She will occasionally refer to dresses “working for those blessed with boobs” but 9 times out of 10 this person blessed with boobs knows that they wouldn’t.
The skincare and beauty content lacks authenticity and integrity.
I think what irks me the most though is how - more than anyone else I follow - she positively revels in the freebies, how she flaunts the lifestyle that her shite content supports and how there’s never a shred of humility.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So this is an #AD, she gets PAID to have her room redecorated with expensive Neptune furniture? That she gets to keep. Sigh. That’s a shame, because that was a company I had shortlisted for my new kitchen when we get out of this mess. Hope this is a lesson for their marketing dept - you might have gained virtual clicks, but you’ve just lost an actual, honest, real, with proper money, sale.
I’m not paying so that freebies can be given to wealthy influencers.
Where’s my discount code?

Reactions: 18

Universal

Chatty Member
Sorry, but didn’t she only get the diagnosis for perimenopause 5 minutes ago - and now she’s an expert?
She only found out she could monetise perimenopause 5 minutes ago and now she is an expert in taking the money for all the #ADs associated with it.

• Haha
  • Wow

Brummiebird

VIP Member
🙄 she’s addressed it .
I’m not a racist, honest! I just hang out with racists. Sorry about that.

Also sorry that the racist comment, from the racist person I choose to spend time with, got transcribed because I was a bit pissed. I deleted it as soon as I realised so that’s ok.

Could she be any more up her own arse!

Last edited:
“Loads of people have asked for advice on what to pack for a UK holiday”.

Who are these people with so little imagination and ability to engage their own brains??? And if you really need advice on this, why would you ask someone whose only experience of UK holidays is shopping and being over-dressed at all times in Aldeburgh?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Brummiebird

VIP Member
She’s replied to a comment on her latest grid post, about how racists need to be deal with at the highest level, with ‘so, so true’.

Casual reminder that Kat dealt with racism (by her husband or close friend) on her Instastories by deleting it, deleting all mentions of it and pretending it never happened 🙄

Ellabella

VIP Member
I don't get why anyone would want to follow these hideous braying toffs. They are completely unrelatable, their "jobs" are just vanity projects subsidised by their rich husbands, there is no diversity and they probably make 99% of their followers feel inadequate (oh but darling, that's not my intention at all).

• Heart
I now know the intimate details of a complete stranger. I have a daughter the same age as Kat’s and I think she’d disown me if I broadcast my choice of contraceptive to the world.
It’s like the same group of boring women who used to wang on about child birth, breast feeding etc now wanging on about their menopause.

Bored

• Wow
  • Heart

Soapy Dolphin

VIP Member
I don't know why but I always feel like defending her when I read tattle.
People say she is not entitled to call what she does 'work', then come right on to slate her when she does do something that will actually earn her a legitimate paycheck - ie promoting a product or brand.
Yes, she has made some questionable choices (mainly the Flora and that was ages ago). But because she said years ago she wasn't about beauty and skincare does not mean that she can not learn or be taught about those things. I'm sure the brands have taught her a lot - ok probably focussing on the benefits to customers that she can talk about in her ads - but I don't see anything wrong with her diversifying her business into that area.
Being a stylist is not like being a doctor or lawyer, you don't need a professional qualification or to be recognised by a regulatory body. People have to like your style and you have to be able to make choices for others if they ask you to. You can get a BA in it, but honestly, how many people have just gone on a short course, paid lots of ££ and say they are qualified but still look shit and don't get the follows because nobody wants to look like them.
I'm not against anyone working in this way. Some influencers really put in a lot of effort, are creative and very selective about their promotions. (I feel like stopping there because the difference is clear but I'll continue. 😀 ) We tend to criticise her hypocrisy and lack of credibility and professionalism. She makes a lot of money from this, from “us” the paying punters, so I think that’s a fair exchange. It happens in all other walks of life – work based performance appraisal. Quite frankly she’s not very good and doesn’t seem to care enough to attempt to appear professional. The hairstyling videos, in particular, are laughable. Why not do a bit of practise and master the technique first?

It’s just not credible to keep promoting an endless stream of beauty products. They need time to do whatever they’re meant to do and can’t all be her favourite/the next best thing fresh out of the box. Clothing wise, she never even wears the cheaper brands she promotes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16