Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thelocal_

I knew this person would be on tattle 😂😂

I came across this boujee bakery after clicking on a reel because I was surprised to see long nails in batter

I’m now intrigued and following to see how a small business is able to expand during a recession selling a product that’s past its hype.

I am a qualified chef that’s in the industry and worked in many places that rely on their large Instagram followings. So watching this business has been very interesting! Almost an example of what not to post 😂 Food health and safety, taking criticism poorly, going to a French bakery and not understanding what you’ve ordered.. etc etc

We have a name for places like this run by people like this - cowboys.

Ps… Boujee comes from bourgeoisie, a French word that means "of middle class status." 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

thelocal_

I think what concerns me the most is marketing yourself as a “boss babe” and followers thinking this is how small business food industry works.

You can run before you walk only when there’s a money tap or investors. Even then when you spend more then you make it catches up with you. Each year your purchases can become write offs for that year, however if you over spend it’s dead money, and you spend more in other areas to make them valuable. If that makes sense.

I’ve seen many local Bondi businesses fail this way and it’s a real shame to anyone working their asses off doing it correctly, gaining genuine growth thinking this is someone in a better position than they are. Give it time!

Thats where her real “boss babe” status breaks down for me.

When I started my businesses I was first in the door and last out, you are the most valuable person to your business. Above all consistency to your customers is make or break 😂 no such thing as sharing you’re not capable of making a deadline, you just make it work and everyone’s none the wiser.

I would love to have her come spend time with a successful business and see how a genuine “boss’s” week runs.. we start by not wearing t-shirts that say boss.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there! thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
She is just worlds apart from proper business owners that actually work hard for their business. The moustache cookie place that the young owner actually hustled her way up the ladder to expand. Whereas Jess is expanding rapidly and not because she is successful that’s for sure
Moustache is such a fabulous example of a real woman hustling. Her marketing is incredible and her product is so high quality, she knows her niche and she KILLS it, and even she had to pull back because the business was getting too big. Jess doesn’t do half the work Deanna does, her quality is all over the show and she’s super disorganised. Deanna runs the Moustache bus, she’s constantly at her stores and involved in every step, never posts manicures or nasty comments about other businesses on the business page. She’s so professional. Jess could learn a lot from her, but she won’t because she doesn’t like to admit to not being an expert. It’s funny to see because she’s so grubby and inept, but it’s also a bit sad to watch, I don’t see the JJBB business ending well. Meanwhile, Moustache cookies have my heart for ever!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I used to work in a bakery and we had the head Baker starting at 12am, the next one at 3am and the last one starting at 5am. Most stuff was out by the time I got there at 7am to set up and do orders. Cabinets were completely full and organised by 8am with top ups baking away out the back. That was with bread products, savoury and sweet!
Exactly! My family owned a bakery and my poppa started around 1am, with my uncles starting at 3. Cabinets were fully stocked and doors open at 5am ready for tradies etc to buy breakfast or lunch on their way to sites. Another clear sign she is a pretend baker, only wanting to cater to those who buy their products purely for instagram. She doesn't actually care about hungry people, her entire demographic is instawhores and if she's basing her business on the custom from these people it's going to be a very short lived business indeed.

Reactions: 14
This has got to be the funniest thing she's ever said! What a insult to her staff.. more like can only count on 1 hand the days she has worked on weekends at either store and when we the last time she actualy WORKED at takapuna?
Oh FUCK OFF! Checking your emails for 30mins before heading to a nail appt and filming yourself cook some hello fresh is not a working day, that is a day off bitch! She's such a fucking LIAR. can you imagine when she has kids? (God help us all)
She reminds me SO much of a relative who thinks she's the busiest person on the planet and needs a break every weekend because her life is so full on (it's not!). I can't stand these type of people. Shut the fuck up and get on with your life that is so fucking easy and cushy compared to 99% of other women.
And do some fucking laundry with your oodles of spare time, you're fucking rank

Ok I hate the word but I'm so fucking triggered by this post lol. So sick and tired of these influencers thinking they work harder than the average Joe and having big fat whinges about how exhausted they are. Jess, when you read this I suggest you go see a doctor, it's not normal to be that exhausted and burnt out when you are lucky if you work one full day a week. Maybe you're low in iron.
---
Also, poor Jay having to go on holiday with that.

• Heart
  • Haha

Pentothal

VIP Member
boss babe / girl boss = same same

“Have you ever heard a male worker referred to as a #boyboss? No. That's because men's power in the workplace is still the default. It's the status quo and anything a woman does is still an exception, an anomaly.”
I don’t get the obsession with calling yourself a boss. There is a big difference between a boss and a leader. And gender shouldn’t come in to it.

She is actually really damaging to all that women have achieved in trying to climb the corporate ladder, and fighting for equality. Boss babe, as a title, is actually demeaning, no wonder she doesn't command respect within her industry - the bake fair showed this. But when you think being a boss means you go to Pilates whilst your staff work is actually a put down and do disrespecting of them.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

hazelnot

Chatty Member
"The shop is very small and the staff seemed bored. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the food as there was none, two hours after opening and two hours before closing. Namaste."

😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Goestothehead

VIP Member
Why do brown balloons remind me of colons and bowels 😂
Those sunglasses ain’t it, but the way Jess is wearing them DEFINITELY ain’t it. They look stupid halfway down her nose!
She dies that all the time with Sunnies.. isn't that what we would do as kids whilst pretending to be grannies? Lol she still doing it. Dosnt know how to wear sun glasses and is nearly 30

Also clearly not working again today!
---
Lol!!!! She got her review from another bakery owner

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

shh77

VIP Member
So she’s got a new “Talent” (veeery loose 🙄) Agency /Management…wonder if her old one dropped her for her piss poor, unenthusiastic attempts at ✨cOnTeNt CrEaTiOn✨ and ads!! 🤔🧐
---
Also considering how much she thinks she’s Barbie and rips Mattel™️ off with their font, how absolutely GUTTED do you think she is that Doe Donuts have been giving the contract to make the donuts for the iNfLuEnZa Barbie PR package?! Loooool 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Pentothal

VIP Member
Lol at her posting herself decorating that cake! “Look bitches I DO actually work!” 😂😂
Those “drip cakes” are so incredibly dated! I would absolutely never order one!

100% agreee with everyone’s sentiments re Moustache Cookies! The decision to close her Chch store, when she could easily have continued to expand (while so hard I’m sure!) was absolutely the correct and sound business decision for her and something Jess could never fathom
She's decorating a cake, with long nails, and a plaster covering an injury🤦. She should know the minimum required with her long nails is gloves and a disposable glove must be used to cover the hand with the plaster. Let's not mention that grubby pink cardy. It's almost like she thinks the rules don't apply to boujee bosses🤢

Attachments

• Sick

Pentothal

VIP Member
Gold right!!! She can't say that this lady knows nothing... she's a nz bakery owner just like jess with her reviews of the places in Melbourne! She prob hard out regrets her reviews about Melbourne places and going on about reviews and getting someone 2 review her now she's opened it wide up for herself. Obvs was hoping for a good review and dosnt want to share what the woman actually thought
Here's the perfect opportunity for BJ to step back and look at what she produces. Is it dry, is it rushed in presentation, is it made too far in advance so it really is stale and/or dry?

Her problem is, she surrounds herself with sycophants who will do her bidding:- put up a fake reviews, reply positively to a post, go and put bad reviews on another site because BJ encouraged it. But none of this actually deals with the elephant in the room.

If her food isn't up to standard she will be held accountable. Friends giving her head pats and telling her it's yummy isn't reality. Putting up only positive reviews isn't reality. She could take a mature attitude, acknowledge, review processes, say we will do better and do better. Her name is her brand, she can't disassociate herself from that, that's her marketing basis. If her food is bad it reflects on the brand. Take on board, learn, change, do better. Never sell a cake, or other, to a client you wouldn't be proud of.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

EnomisCamelToe

“Hi Jess this is Kim K’s NZ PR rep and she is flying over in her PJ tonight and wants to personally thank you for your unsolicited skims ad. Please be standing outside JJBB HQ with all your staff tomorrow at 3am”

“what was that? You are only open 10ish to1ish? And you are only there in person between 12:59:06pm and 12:59:12pm? Oh well fk off then”

• Haha
Aw that’s pretty sad, they both actually look genuinely happy in the one where they’re together smiling! …now all their pics look so obviously forced and miserable…
There are TONS of photos of him genuinely smiling back around when they got married. Now he looks as miserable as Mark from LFYD. Influencer husbo life must really be the pits.

• Sad
Jess has done a post about getting reviews.... went to Google to see when her last review was... it was a bad review in last hour... before she posted the post about reviews... must have read here other day in regards to people giving her bad reviews and her response, guessing today's post from her is her way now of asking for people to give her good ones.

Also jess Google reviews that are bad are usually people not wanting to go back they are welcome to give reviews good or bad. Someone has said before that they contacted you and never got a reply so used Google and tht was only way you did reply.
Say you don't clear emails daily so why would anyone email direct?

Looks like you have just got butt hurt from 1 bad review yet again but you can judge others and post a video on your public page about that
Well I'm off to email the commerce commission with these screenshots. Asking for positive reviews every time you get a bad one is trying to bury them and illegal,

Jess is worse than Simone, at least Simone reads her tattle and listens to what gets said and tries to be careful not to slip up the next time but Jess reads here and doesn't listen to anything. Too busy with her head up her ass she can't hear what's being said.

• Heart

Goestothehead

VIP Member
It's not "my" jess.. it's "our" you are not the only one in your buisness and I guarantee you did not make dough or make them. Start thinking of your "team" not everything is all about you. After they work hard and make the products it wouldn't be nice for them to have you claiming them

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad