Junior Andre - Jesy Nelson 2.0? The fake accent has got to go!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The offspring of Katie Price and Peter Andre has finally inflicted his first single on us.

He is clearly positioning himself in the “male Jesy Nelson” camp as the R&B video sees him, a white man, dancing with a bunch of (primarily) black people stood behind him.

Privately educated Junior used to speak in a Home Counties accent but suddenly developed an inner-London “blaccent” a few years ago. Below is his music video, followed by some clips of his speaking voice so you can compare and contrast the accent.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
My thoughts on this:

I think it is now fair for Junior to have his own thread. I'm active in the Katie Price thread and have pulled people up before in that and other threads, for criticising kids appearance or behaviour.

Junior is not yet 18 but has essentially transitioned to being a celebrity (his own choice) by starting a music career, is now in an adults world, and therefore is fair game for debate and criticism in my opinion.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Oh Please 🙄 he's 17 and even with a Slight JaHFakeCan Accent still comes across as intelligent, Peter was the same hyping up the Reggae. I think Criticism of a 17 year old is very Low and unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Oh Please 🙄 he's 17 and even with a Slight JaHFakeCan Accent still comes across as intelligent, Peter was the same hyping up the Reggae. I think Criticism of a 17 year old is very Low and unnecessary.
Is it, though? He's not far off 18 now and has made a choice now to be a celebrity and have a music career, and presumably become financially independent from his parents. With that comes both praise and criticism.

I didn't agree with the original poster's point on "cultural appropriation" or whatever it's called. If Junior likes rap/Jamaican music and culture and identifies with it, fine. Same with Jesy Nelson. Nothing disrespectful or racist there in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
2022 and People are STILL BANGING ON about there's Black peoples in the video and he talks a certain way , Borderline Racist
I'm 53 have BiRacial grown kids left London 15 years ago, Even in my day we spoke a certain way with our friends.
Newsflash Apartied has Ended and 17 year olds aren't fair game unless they have actually done something to be fair game
This Thread 🧵is Low even for Tattle

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The opening post isn’t far off what Peter has said himself!

"I'm putting a call out there to any parents who can help me understand my son's lingo.
"When J's chatting in his 'street' talk, I have no idea what he's going on about.
"It seems I'm not the only one because someone commented on one of his Instagram posts the other day asking for the translate button!
"He goes to a private school, so you'd think he'd know how to talk properly, haha."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Aww wasn't him and Princess cute. Abz from 5ive used to talk like that but he was brought up in East London Junior hasn't been brought up in East London etc where the kids talk like that he lives in Sussex :ROFLMAO: ,

Reactions: 14
Aww wasn't him and Princess cute. Abz from 5ive used to talk like that but he was brought up in East London Junior hasn't been brought up in East London etc where the kids talk like that he lives in Sussex :ROFLMAO: ,
Is Everyone so Out of touch just because he has grown up in and around Sussex and Surrey means he must speak with that accent Have no outside influences if you've been around anyone under 20 in the south of England that's how a lot of young people speak.
Jealousy and Bitterness for a 17 year old Talented kid who people have a Opinion about and has done nothing to deserve it
Jesy Nelson Comparison says it all Junior is a Different Genre, actual Talent and not some xfactor wannabe
He's Being produced and managed by some of the best in the business and the talk about his accent shows Just how Out of Touch people are

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The funniest thing about the video is that Junior would never normally set foot in those parts. His yard is the leafy home counties. His hairstyle is popular among British Asian lads, has his hair texture changed from when he was little? Did Pete originally have tight curls?

Is Everyone so Out of touch just because he has grown up in and around Sussex and Surrey means he must speak with that accent Have no outside influences if you've been around anyone under 20 in the south of England that's how a lot of young people speak.
Jealousy and Bitterness for a 17 year old Talented kid who people have a Opinion about and has done nothing to deserve it
Jesy Nelson Comparison says it all Junior is a Different Genre, actual Talent and not some xfactor wannabe
He's Being produced and managed by some of the best in the business and the talk about his accent shows Just how Out of Touch people are
He's only got those contacts in the music business because he's grown up in the public eye and because of his Dad's wealth and connections.

If he was a 17 yr old black or mixed raced lad from Peckham he wouldn't have a record deal, even if his talent was exceptional.

Junior's talent is on a par with those young actors off EastEnders who had a one hit wonder, and that lad from London's Burning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
We are not jealous of him FGS! Talented? well the proof of that will be when he does a live performance!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I clearly remember the first time my nephew referred to me as ‘fam’. I didn’t like it then, I don’t like it now. But saying that, when the Derry members of my family get together I do lapse into Derryish

Reactions: 6
To be fair, Junior wouldn’t have the links to the best in the business if it wasn’t for his parents. but he’s changed who he is clearly for marketing purposes, the team around him know he wouldn’t sell being who he was…… and that’s why people are slaying him
For all you are slating jessy Nelson for being an X factor wannabe, Junior Andre has been on tv since his conception, everyone knows who he is, so I’m not surprised he’s working with the best, his dad has connections to make it happen. Jesse had to work for it for all she’s been a twit now.
And then he has the cheek for people to say to support new artists like him!

We are not jealous of him FGS! Talented? well the proof of that will be when he does a live performance!
If he’s like his mam, that will be a laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
With respect, this is bullshit. He may or may not be talented, time will tell. But poncing about chatting in a blaccent is nonesense. Junior has picked up the "cool" aspects of black culture but can opt out of the non desirable aspects.

• there were 7.5 stop and searches for every 1,000 white people, compared with 52.6 for every 1,000 black people
Do you really think Junior here will opt into increased stop and search by police, increased profiling, do you think he will get stopped in his zippy new motor by cops as they think he stole it because of his ethnicity?

You are right he is not an xfactor "talent" but only cos daddy's contacts mean he can skip that step altogether.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Who’s jealous or bitter about him? and the lad cannot sing kid or not he’s put out music out there and people are allowed opinions/ tell the truth. Him having a fake voice and people commenting on it doesn’t make anyone “out of touch” 😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️ its no different to why people talked about Liam Paynes fake accent the other month.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's reached No.1 apparently. I wonder how many downloads it takes nowadays.
Surprisingly not many when there isn't a brand new single from a big artist to compete with. Also keep in mind that's just iTunes. It needs to stay that way for a week. His streaming numbers aren't the greatest compared to other artists on release week

Reactions: 4