Joining a hiking or walking group

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you have a local Facebook page? Our local walkers often have posts on the page for our group of villages advertising upcoming walks. They are just starting up again now after lockdown. I would have loved to have joined but have developed bursites on my knee so hobbling around at the minute.

No, I don’t use Facebook at all GingerSquirrel, hoping this isn’t a major barrier?
Is there a good mix of ages within your walking group? I’m not ageist, just hoping I could meet people withIn my own age(20s/30s) bracket as I’m quite new to the area and feel a little isolated...

No, I don’t use Facebook at all GingerSquirrel, hoping this isn’t a major barrier?
Is there a good mix of ages within your walking group? I’m not ageist, just hoping I could meet people withIn my own age(20s/30s) bracket as I’m quite new to the area and feel a little isolated...
I would imagine there will be a variety of ways to get the info - alwayslurkin has already identified one! Might also be worth asking at local swimming pool, gym, Dr surgery etc as they tend to know what is going on locally around exercise groups.
Our local group is pretty mixed; the weekday walks tend to be older, retired people whilst the weekend ones attract people of all ages. The weekend ones tend to be the longer hill walks etc whilst the weekday ones are shorter.

Reactions: 1
Try the ramblers association, you can give them a go before you pay for membership. Depending on where you live, they do have groups specifically for 30s/40s if that's what you're looking for. Outside of those particular groups they do tend to run towards the 50s/60s/70s end of the spectrum. Me and my partner enjoyed chatting to people older than us - only reason we stopped being members was because we had a baby and it's not particularly young-children-friendly.

I don’t really have any advice but just a nice story that my Dad joined his local rambling club 15 years ago and met the love of his life 😩♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3