Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Just William

VIP Member
Thanks tattlers, enjoyed your company, gonna miss you, this trial has felt like a fucking life time! 🤣 👩‍🦳

its-been-84-years-13865743.png

Will head back to my default thread 🤣 but will check back in. ;)

Hope we get to hear the verdict together?
155.gif

To all you wonderful brave survivors who shared your stories I wish you peace & love, 🥰 hugs, ❤ xxx

#Depp 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 49

titan22

VIP Member
if one of my partners friends sent a text like that to him, I wouldn’t feel safe around them any longer.

if one of my friends sent a text like that, I’d rethink the friendship.

JD may not be an abuser, but he’s not a hero. The crying and getting emotional like this is some David victory over Goliath, like he’s some hero, is weird AF. The people who are acting like Camille is the heroine in a movie and romantic interest to the hero Depp, it’s weird AF. One video “shipping them on Facebook has 3.5million views. Others here have said how nice it would be if they got together or something to that effect. It’s fucked up.
who is claiming he’s a hero. He’s an abused man who came forward and told his story! He’s looking to have his name cleared and that’s he’s not a sexual abuser. He has a darker sense of humor which amber herself would have known. Has he ever burned a corpse? Or done anything else he said in his msgs? If I was raped with a whiskey bottle I would want that man in jail not sympathy from strangers🤥 women aren’t creaming their knickers over him because he’s Johnny depp, women are cheering him on because they resonate so much with his story and a lot of them never got justice. Sending msgs to others does not equal abuse. I’m sure I look like a lunatic in some msgs I’ve sent in frustration, anger and hopelessness.

I replied to you yesterday saying the same thing but you only reply about certain points but I’ll say it again WOMEN ARE NOT CRYING OVER JOHNNY, THEY ARE CRYING AND GETTING EMOTIONAL AS ITS BRINGING UP PAST PAIN FOR THEM! THEY ARE CHEERING HIM ON TO GET HIS JUSTICE, THE JUSTICE MANY DID NOT GET!

Accusing anyone of fake sexual violence is the sickest vile thing ever. Your judging his way of how he deals with abuse he suffered. The only person Johnny depp has abused is himself

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Lady_H

VIP Member
I don’t think the texts make him abusive but I do think they make him a dickhead. I still find it bizarre how many people think talking about fucking and burning a corpse is just black humour and blowing off steam. I think if it was any other male celebrity people would be spitting fire, but Johnny is a golden boy, just look at everyone creaming their pants for him here. Regardless, I sincerely hope Amber doesn’t win and I don’t think Johnny deserves to be seen as a wife beater. But they are both prize arseholes IMO.
That’s fine to find it bizarre, and not understand why other people find it black humour; you obviously don’t share that particular brand of humour. Maybe the people who understand it, and get why he was blowing off steam are people who’ve done the same kind of thing themselves. Was I a “dickhead” when I told my best friend that I wanted to kill my ex? That kind of sharing, and the choice to use language of a certain type in a supposedly private setting, is something that some people do, and it can be very helpful and cathartic.

Please bear in mind that when you talk about people here “creaming their pants” for JD, that includes people like myself who did not support him to begin with and have been forced to eat a bit of humble pie, feminists, #metoo supporters and victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. We have covered a lot of ground over the last 6 weeks and people have shared quite intimate details about themselves as the weeks have gone by. For a lot of people, for lots of different reasons, this feels like the culmination of something a lot bigger than getting all excited about a “golden boy” movie star.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

AuroraBorealis

VIP Member
Charlotte Proudperson.... almost saying what she means.....

I have been sexually assaulted, I have had the misfortune of being raped, not once, but twice, and I have been assaulted and beaten up on a street by strange men also twice. Granted, it all happened decades ago but I still have trauma from it. (Having received flowers from strangers randomly in odd places over the years or being told that I am the most beautiful girl in the world does not balance out the evil and the knowledge I have that there are people who just wish to hurt and destroy other people; I have not felt safe and never going to feel safe again walking home or taking a walk in darkness alone -- I seriously envy my neighbour who takes long walks late at night, I am not able to, not alone).
On the bright side, I have not suffered any DA or SV in my relationships or from other people who are close to me (after all my childhood and teenage years being spent abused by my own mother who was very much like Amber -- I have massive trauma and physical health problems from that as well).

And I am saying Amber Heard is a vile abuser, a liar, a manipulator, an enemy to the #MeToo movement, and that Dr Charlotte Proudman will have all her ill wishes come back to her manifold. Ill wishes usually come back to the person making them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Regarding the text messages. Either you hate them or you’re indifferent to them.
I understand both points of view.

But the fact is, sending those messages to his friends does not make him an abuser.

Can we stop talking about the text messages now?

• Heart
Reactions: 41

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
My opinion, but JD didn’t send shitty texts until Amber fucked him up with a TRO & fake abuse allegations (we can pretty much confirm that by now) This humiliating his legacy on a global scale, costing him his lively hood.
now us peasants can’t relate to him on that scale, however to put this into perspective, imagine ur shitty ex costs u ur job, and ur reputation amongst every single person that knows u, based on their fake allegations.
dunno about u but I would be doing something a lot stronger than sending a shitty text msg to my mate to vent.
also I just want to point out that the #IAmJohhnyDepp hashtag is trending, where men are speaking about their experiences of DV & IPV. he might not be a hero, but he spoke up against the stigma, & I commend his bravery for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Madge Harvey

How did Johnny actually keep his cool round about her. I’m not a violent woman but I actually want to punch her in the face.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

AuroraBorealis

VIP Member
Your mother sounds like my grandmother. She once told my aunt (who is like Miss Honey from Matilda) that my cousins drug addiction was karma for the time my aunt asked my grandmother to stop yelling (meanly, not just a raised voice) at her, which she told my aunt was elder abuse. Yes, she really thinks being asked to stop verbally abusing someone is abuse, but her berating and belittling her daughter is not because she is the elder and to respected above all. My mum and her siblings still long for her love and approval. She has her children held to emotional randsom.
Mine was not only emotionally abusive and playing mind games like inciting my sister and me against each other (my sister was her golden child, I only later learn how awfully cruel she had been to her as well) but physically violent. If you read the traits of a narcissist mother, she was like a textbook case (hence I am worried about the daughters of Alice Evans and also Amber Heard's daughter) - no boundaries, we were her extensions, we were hers to push around, in our teenage years we became her competition and she tried everything she could to put us down and make us think we are unworthy (for example, I was told almost every day that I am the most horrible person ever born and no one who would get to know me would not able to love me) and even tried to make us ugly physically (she could not tolerate people praising our beauty, so when I was 12 and my sister just turned 11 she dragged us to men's hairdresser a day before the school started in our new school and had our long beautiful hair chopped off, these short boy hairdos were horrible, we were not allowed to wear skirts and dresses or form-fitting clothes, so there actually were moments people thought we were boys), she kept gaslighting us, beating us when she was angry (and she was angry for no reason), unreasonable punishments for things we were not guilty about. The rules kept changing.

My dad was away travelling the world (due to his job) a lot; I guess it saved him, he did not leave her because he could not leave us completely to her mercy, whenever he was able, he took us along to his travels (even off school sometimes) and the three of us had a happy time. Also, amazing people throughout Europe and elsewhere in the world were his friends. So, as a child, I was often in the company of great thinkers or writers or musicians or artists and I loved being treated as an equal and as a child prodigy (I was deemed to be). So, we really loved being in our father's world. Mother did not have any deep interests, she was superficial, extremely materialistic, very much a "keeping up with Joneses" person. She had advanced degrees like dad and a stellar career and in her workplace and outside of the home she was seen as this amazing sunny selfless and helpful person.

She was jealous of our dad doting on us, so whenever he came to our rescue or tried to defend us, she hit him but also yelled insults and threatened to divorce him so then he can marry my sister of me (really!) was a quite common insult. (When Ioan Gruffudd was comforting his daughter and Alice Evans snarkily told him to "get a room" reminded me of this a lot).

I loved when we had parties at our home or people over as in front of other people mother behaved. Mostly. She could put us down in front of people, bringing up something embarrassing or something that reflected badly on us when we got too much attention in her eyes or people were nice to us. She wanted sympathy for having to suffer as we were so awful. Luckily there were family friends who did not believe it.

I was always amazed at how well in fact she was able to control her rages. She could scream and throw things at us or hit us but then the phone rang and 10 seconds later she was sweet and calm and flirty. She very rarely let her mask slip.

Also, hiding from her did not help. We walked on eggshells and it was never enough. She kept coming after us to pick a fight. (So, I can relate to Johnny's childhood). All in all, she made our life a living hell.

And then she got cancer and was gone in a few months. She was young still. We mourned her, after all, she was our mother, and yet at some point, we admitted to each other (us and our father) that we felt great relief, that it was a blessing that she was gone. As if we were let out of prison and could finally breathe and live. And have a lot of guilt for feeling so.

But we were not free, we had internalised her. And now, even decades later, we have her voice in our heads, mocking us, taunting us, belittling us, putting us down, telling us we are going to fail, and so on. It has been a long battle to fight that voice in our heads.

Even now when reading a book I feel guilty and have a sinking feeling inside as if waiting for an attack or punishment. We had thousands of books at home thanks to dad. But mum deemed reading fiction a waste of time and whenever she found me reading, there was a fight and I was told off for being lazy, useless etc. I think she read sometimes but just "fashionable" books, so she could keep up with her peers.
When she was dying in the hospital, she asked me to bring her a book, something I would recommend. I remember how I brought her a few. She started with Waltari's The Egyptian (and only got halfway through before she died).

The good thing was that bringing up our children was easy -- all we had to do was to think about what our mother would have done and then do the opposite. ;)

And I know there are many people who have had mothers like that. And I am afraid Amber Heard and Alice Evans are also mothers like that and I worry for their daughters.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Lady_H

VIP Member
It feels like Groundhog Day with the texts again but I appreciate that not everyone has been following the trial since day 1.

I know some people find the language and humour in his texts bizarre and “horrific”, and absolutely fair enough if it’s not for you, but it really bothers me that these people can’t understand and appreciate that not everyone on the planet is like them. It is a weird kind of authoritarian judgementalism dressed up as “niceness” - oh I’d never do such a thing therefore nobody else should - that is really strange.

At what point does the way someone chooses to express themselves become “horrific”? Is it ok to have horrible thoughts inside your own head? Is it ok to write these thoughts in a journal? Tell a therapist? Share with a friend? Is it the verbalising of the thoughts that is “horrific”, or the writing them down? What about if you wrote them on a piece of paper and then threw it away? Is it ok to say “I want to kill my ex” but not detail exactly how how want to kill them? Or should we all keep these thoughts on our heads at all times lest someone somewhere be offended by them?

These texts were not directed at Amber. They were his private, deeply troubled thoughts and feelings when he was trapped in a terrible abusive relationship. They were shared privately with a close long-standing friend as a way of handling that pain. Why is that so difficult to understand?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
My favourite part of the closing speech for AH was when Rottenborn referred to “the monster” and said something along the lines of “I can show you the monster now” before the JD cabinet video played.
However, there was a slight delay before the video played and the camera panned to and remained on AH for a good few seconds. Great camera work there, lads! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
View attachment 1299310

She's expecting her account to be suspended at any moment now!
Hows Houseinhabbit faring today? I slept like a log, not a turd, a log.

I just went to try and find a pic of Penney in her marine uniform, no luck yet but here she is before the hair cut. Damn this woman is tough as nuts and the first woman chief judge too.

"Judge Azcarate served four years active duty with the United States Marine Corps and several more in the reserves while attending law school. After graduating from George Mason, she became an assistant Commonwealth Attorney for five years before entering private practice. In 2008, Judge Azcarate was elected by the General Assembly to serve on the General District Court Bench where she became the first female Chief Judge."

th-2608762437.jpg

I suspect Penney is going to be a stickler for detail, she's no back woods judge and a lot of professional eyes will be on her.

Feck your trying to make a feminist point Turdle, Penneys been there done that with ak47's on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Muchosgracias

I just pray there isn't a raging feminist on the jury 🙏
Its funny, because there's nothing less feminist than believing someone just because they're a woman. Feminism is about equality, not about reducing women to the role of victim. Any feminist with half a brain should be able to see that! I think this is all going to massively turn around whenever Marilyn Manson gets to court (now that's a thread I'll be waiting for)

Reactions: 37

Elsa929

A co-worker of mine served on a jury once, they had their verdict right away but pretended to be in deliberations for an extra day or two just to get some free meals. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
the shitty texts* were sent in 2013, 3 years before the TRO, divorce and DV allegations

*the violent rape fantasy texts sent to Paul Bettany
Dunno about you, but I broke off with my ex who spent 4 years gaslighting, emotionally abusing me & blackmailing me with piks of myself, also stole £2k from me, and then tried to send fake emails to my boss pretending to be a client who was dissatisfied with my service.
i spent a good amount of time in my WhatsApp group chat with my girls explaining in great detail how I could still crawl into his house as he’s asleep and set fire to him, and how I could destroy his most treasured possession (his car) with a cricket bat, how I could email his boss with evidence of the texts he sends me blackmailing me- I did none of those. Doesn’t make me an arsonist does it???
Everyone has their own way of venting and I found getting all these ugly thoughts of anger and pure rage out in a safe environment with my mates was incredibly healing.

• Heart
Reactions: 36