Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissMissMissy

Chatty Member
So Dr whatshisface just said that those photos of him asleep prove that he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol because no normal person would ever fall asleep in those circumstances or positions…

Waiting for any parents of newborns/special needs kids/hospital workers/shift workers/long haul drivers/service industry workers to come at him. I absolutely passed out with a shoe box as a pillow next to my child’s bed when they had a sick bug. I have also fallen asleep in a chair with a drink on me (spilled) after being awake for 19 hours working a night shift… I wasn’t on anything 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not even a mega pint of wine!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

EllaBella89

VIP Member
I have to respectfully disagree that Aquaman was Amber’s ‘a star is born moment’ 😂
Rihanna was a victim of domestic violence. Halle Berry was a victim of domestic violence. Their careers didn’t suffer, in fact quite the opposite. Rihanna’s businesses have made her billionaire, Halle Berry won a best actress Oscar.
This is such a redundant point. Amber just isn’t likeable and has been outed as a perpetrator of DV herself, even before she got together with Johnny Depp. The negativity around her, is self perpetuating. She’s even lied about donating half her divorce settlement to a childrens hospital for crying out loud. This woman just isn’t likeable. There’s no jealousy, nothing to do with her being a woman. People just don’t like her due to her behaviour and lies

• Heart
Reactions: 45

EllaBella89

VIP Member
Okay… so for me the most shocking revelation today was the fact Spiegel is only YEAR older than Johnny Depp, despite looking like a relic from the battle of Waterloo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

ghostriderhere

VIP Member
My husband asked me why I’m so obsessed with this trial…
My brother has been in almost exactly the same position Johnny is in!

His ex wife was the most manipulative, controlling and abusive woman who made his life hell. There was one occasion she got angry at him for working late and she held him down and strangled him. My brother had to fight to get her off him leaving scratch marks on her…even though his neck was bruised she cried victim.
when he finally left her she told everyone that he abused her and their kids. The police were involved and after they’d seen my brothers evidence everything was dropped on him (but she still managed to get away with it).

since they’ve been apart she has continued to make his life hell, refusing him to see their kids by playing the DV victim. Last year she had the kids removed from her as she was investigated and charged for child neglect (she is an alcoholic and would leave them in the house on their own to see her new bloke).
she’s had her new bloke arrested multiple times for alleged rape but he gets released everytime and she then hounds him to go back to her. He’s now trapped in this same cycle she put my brother through.

people here still see my brother as a “wife beater” even though he has never laid a finger on her apart from the strangling event.
She has even offered someone money to set fire to mine and my husband’s house as well! Luckily the person she asked went to the police and showed them the messages. We were so scared of her though we had to stay in hotels as we didn’t feel safe in our home after that.

women like this who play the victim yet behind closeddoors are the instigators are dangerous and should be out behind bars.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
I really wish I was unbiased before this trial had started. Tweets like these really throw me off balance.

Anyone else feel the same as the person who tweeted this?
Nope. I actually came to this trial believing the UK judge came to the right decision. I don't need behavioural and body language experts to convince me who's telling the truth.

I'm a 60 year old woman with life experience and good old womans intuition. I believed JD's and I didn’t believe hers.

Along with the lack of evidence that he ever struck her (he said he never struck a woman in his life. A very real risk that a woman could come forward to dispute that), there is nothing now that would change my mind.

Shes the abuser, not only of him but also her sister. She's the monster and a disgrace to women. I pity anyone who is in her life, especially her baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Notworthy

VIP Member
I really wish I was unbiased before this trial had started. Tweets like these really throw me off balance.

Anyone else feel the same as the person who tweeted this?
No. Before the UK trial I didn't want to believe Johnny had abused her but if the evidence had been produced, I would have. As soon as I heard that tape I was done. I totally get that an awful lot of abused people do not gather the evidence to prove it however, that simply isn't the case here. She was clearly documenting their marriage and time together, she had over 50,000 photos of alleged abuse, he was the one isolated from friends while her mates all moved in. The longer it goes on and the more evidence is produced the further away I get from believing her. Yes, she has photos showing bruises but then she's out and about the next day with not a mark on her and those photos aren't in a studio with lighting to minimise bruising, they're out on the street, just bog standard pap photos. There never appears to be any swelling, no matter how hard he allegedly hit her. Their defence seems to be that he was so high he can't remember but he still managed to control himself and hide the abuse from umpteen of her freeloading mates. It's just not believable anymore and like most liars, she over embellished, if she had kept it simple then she would've gotten away with it. I don't doubt that Johnny can be an absolute arse of a person, particularly if you live with him but in every #MeToo case brought up against people of his calibre, 1 accusation has opened the floodgates hence the #Metoo hashtag but that hasn't been the case with him, in fact the opposite has happened.

ETA I do think people have been pretty harsh towards her Counsel, I mean look what they have to work with, A Woman that can't keep her story straight. They must dread walking into that court room every morning with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Recap-ish
The jury nearly got waffled to sleep by dr seagull,
Eating candy and doodling makes you a narcissist.
Elaine looks like she could do with a mega pint. (Couldn’t we all after that)
Johnny looks pretty 🔥 in the court room today with his side smirking.

As you were folks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
So Dr whatshisface just said that those photos of him asleep prove that he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol because no normal person would ever fall asleep in those circumstances or positions…

Waiting for any parents of newborns/special needs kids/hospital workers/shift workers/long haul drivers/service industry workers to come at him. I absolutely passed out with a shoe box as a pillow next to my child’s bed when they had a sick bug. I have also fallen asleep in a chair with a drink on me (spilled) after being awake for 19 hours working a night shift… I wasn’t on anything 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not even a mega pint of wine!
Healthcare worker and parent here 👋🏻 I fell asleep in my salad. I woke up to cucumber stuck to my face and lettuce in my hair

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

louseylou

VIP Member
Did she just try and blame Johnny for delaying production when he lost a part of his finger because of Amber?

• Wow
Reactions: 29

Notworthy

VIP Member

I fell asleep overhanging the armrest on a transatlantic flight after being up all the previous night shagging, woke up to the food cart bashing my head while the flight attendant parroted 'chicken or beef' repeatedly

• Haha
Reactions: 27

wibble

VIP Member
Witness "I compared her to similar people."
Elaine "And who was that?"
Witness "Meghan Markle. Who has married a prince, written a wildly successful book, and is loved throughout the world."
Elaine "And Amber missed out on this."
Witness "Yes but she did have a surrogate baby."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

AuroraBorealis

VIP Member
Regarding the last witness cross-examination yesterday.

Emily D. Baker had a theory about that (and I personally find it plausible).

The AH team had announced that they will put Johnny Depp up on the witness stand. It was expected to happen.

Then they suddenly issued a statement that they'll need Johnny Depp as much as a fish needs a bicycle and they will not call him as a witness.

Emily, however, said that such statements mean nothing and it has happened before that the opposing team makes such a statement and then backtracks.

What happened was that the JD team did not want to leave any chance for the AH team to call JD on the witness stand for the reason that time was running low due to the previous witnesses and if he had been called at the end of the day and would have sat there even for 5 minutes yesterday, it would mean that his testimony continues today which in turn would have robbed the JD team of any opportunity to talk to JD last night or early this morning and go through the strategy for today.
As they had plenty of time, they could afford to waste it and hence the long winding cross-examination that bored the jury, revealed that the expert is not knowledgeable at all and is biased.

So, although it was boring, it was very clever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26

wibble

VIP Member
Dennison might be a bumbling, but he made Ms Arnold look like a total know-nothing.

It was sly the way he kept referring to Ms Heard as 'your client.'

Reactions: 25

Lady_H

VIP Member
The legalbytes crowd were talking about how Amber likely cannot read the room, doesn’t understand how badly she is doing, and is now effectively managing / dictating to her legal team rather than deferring to their expertise which might account for the useless defence witnesses who have effectively damaged her case.

They were also in agreement that trying to prove her counter-claim was a total waste of time and a terrible strategy because it’s clearly bullshit, and how they should have used the time on disproving his claim. Once again they thought this indicated a client who is dictating strategy to her team - in this case, because she needs/wants the money.

The overall consensus: if she wins she won’t get a penny; his team has pulled a blinder and turned an almost unwinnable case into something that’s within a whisker of winning; her defence has been crap because she doesn’t have a case; how fitting it would be if the jury awarded him $7 million.

• Heart

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Gotta be honest, at the beginning of this trial I thought JD looked like a bloated old man who had lost his beauty and brains after getting involved with a jumped up harpy. Put me right off. But, each day, each lie from Turdle and all the background/audio/history, he seems a little younger and my ovaries have started twitching for him for the first time since 1999.

• Haha
  • Heart