Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sugarfairy23

VIP Member
Hi ladies!

Long time lurker but for some reason tonight (maybe it’s the Saturday night wine?!) I feel ready to come out of hiding!

I’ve really enjoyed following you all over the last 6 months or so (alongside JS of course) and reading everything everyday has been a real comfort to me whilst I go through some shit (1st world problems but still it’s nice to get some comfort from unexpected sources)

Anyway this feels weird but just wanted to introduce myself and hope I can join in on the chat/JS thirsting?
I offer my fave JS photos as my introduction tax 😊

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
The other side of this, which I don’t like, is JG not able to defend himself. He is not able to say - that’s BS or this is what happened. Mendy is able to as the one on trial. It’s a bit harsh.

I am not defending anyone but it harsh to not be able to speak out because someone else on trial
completely agree

Any way,another Friday night and I’m up passed 10 😱 I best get to bed

love you all… and extra special love to the JG gals tonight xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10

WylieWyles

VIP Member
I already miss PL games. :( My big excitement today is watching Ruben and Bernardo in Portugal v. Czech Republic. Apparently Joao’s suspended.
Ooh, thanks for the reminder! Gonna get my other laptop and watch it out here in my office where I'm on the work VPN on my work laptop and obviously doing Important Official Gov't Work.

My personal assistant / bodyguard is slacking off. The tea is good but I'd like it more with my favorite honey as I am actually Winnie the Pooh.

PXL_20220924_184811671~2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9

cobette

VIP Member
Yeah. I imagine there will be. I’ve only been in with some of this lot have tagged me so I don’t feel like it would be appropriate

You shouldn’t dare to watch it after what you’ve done to RLF today 🤣
He actually said 'were you thinking about Stones?!' 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Wow

333149O

VIP Member
@Gossgossgoss9888

firstly I think it’s positive that you’re opening up to everyone here and we will always be here to listen to you no matter when or what ❤. I know it can be so hard setting boundaries for yourself but working through the night is never good. this only said from a kind spot in my heart but the world does keep turning even if you need to rest. be vocal about it if and when you can, you needing to take care of yourself is paramount above everything. you’re not a robot, you’re a human with a soul, feelings, people you love, interests, hobbies and thoughts outside of work.

people figure things out, ways to spread workloads, nothing will stop, things just get delegated. I hope you’re able to get through this bab, much love to you. take care and try and put yourself on the highest pedestal. you’d wrap yourself up in a blanket and take extra special care of you from the outside looking in, just give yourself some extra love 💕

• Heart

Violetroselily

VIP Member
I really hope @cobette has been screaming the house down all this time at home, but RLF has never noticed because he's had his headphones on

Will you all stop making me laugh. He is very suspicious now.

He must have been outside the room listening. I am as quiet as a mouse.
Maybe he was wanking over the sound of you wanking

Wankception

• Haha

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
Unrelated to wanking and bae (sorry)

arctic monkeys have announced a stadium tour and it falls on my 5 years all clear

Hey lovey! I know!! I wish we had arrivals videos!!! How are you today? Got anything nice planned for this evening

i know I shouldn’t be laughing but this so too funny! RLF has asked what I’m laughing about and he said “let me guess something about that wanker” (meaning Bae) and I burst out laughing 🤣🤣🤣
Something about a wanker… but not bae 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

lou_claire91

VIP Member
Yeah it would be worse to call in sick.

I understand what you're saying and it's probably the advice I'd give to other people too, but it's not the same.

Who knows is basically the only thing I can control. And everyone I ever told (not you lot) has always reacted so badly and unhelpfully and made everything worse. And I can't make work a place I'm scared to go to. Once you say it it stays said and you can't take it back and if it goes badly I'll just want to run away. Don't want to fuck my job up.

And I know if I said anything they'd want to know what I'm doing about it and they'd make me promise to go to the doctor and I'm kind of planning to but the thought of agreeing I definitely will and soon makes me feel sick and trapped.

No need to worry about me. It's a bad one. I'm sorry to say I've had worse, although not recently. But I don't want you to be worried.
Honestly just want to give you a hug right now but I can completely sympathise with you! My experiences aren't exactly similar but I know how you are feeling in a way!

I know what its like to feel like you have no control over something, its one of the things that used to tip me over the edge (and still does at times)

A couple of years ago in my previous role I was going through a lot of stuff at home and work wasn't helping, I was constantly getting stuff palmed onto me, being told 'You are always there to pick up the extra bits' and always being given tasks above my role (and pay grade) but I still did it as i wanted to be reliable and had this massive sense of dread that I was letting EVERYONE down by even showing a sign of weakness!!

I had been the one to always lend a helping hand or cover for anyone, however my weakness was starting to be abused, and overtime (and in hindsight) I was being manipulated into being excluded, so if i made friendships with my team (i was a manager) my senior manager would tell me it wasn't ethical and then would make friends with those people to leave me out, it meant that I could pick up everyone elses work and be trodden down enough to the point where I was a nervous wreck all the time!

I would hate going into work (having previously had a good work relationship with all as well as enjoyed the social aspects) but now i wasnt allowed, i was basically being bullied... but still I couldnt say no. As soon as i would start to voice an opinion on something a comment would be made about my conduct (even though it was mimicking those around me) and I would feel like i was being judged...

I would go home and cry, i would drive to work shaking, i was at breaking point. I contacted my doctors and finally asked for help, i didnt want AD so they managed to sign me up for counselling and within a couple of days I spoke to someone and it made me feel so much better (the biggest part that was making me feel like i failed was the fact I have a psych degree and i thought how i couldnt even help myself, so why did i waste my time doing that)

I had a session planned in for the beginning of August and I still found it increasingly difficult to go into work, however a blessing in disguise was that I ended up injuring myself in an accident which meant i was signed off from work for over a month...

I managed to go to counselling during that time which helped however being signed off was to start with one of the worse things, i had paranoia, regret, guilt that i was letting those down and the bullying didnt stop, they all stopped following me on Socials, they would ignore my messages, they would watch my movements so i became a recluse instead of recovering... however in hindsight it was completely for the best...

When i returned to work which was about 6 weeks later I was doing the headspace app every morning before I could leave and I was a shaking wreck when it all first happened, I ended up managing to get another job within 3 weeks of returning however my counselling said she was at the point of signing me off for stress as when I had returned i would go to my sessions and not stop crying and saying how trapped i felt ... however she gave me some amazing techniques and after I started my new job I didnt have to go back to her after being with her for about 2 months...

I think what I am trying to say in all my ramblings is that I can completely understand what its like to be in such a dark hole that it looks like there is no way out, that every avenue you look down its like there is a red sign saying STOP because your mind can work out atleast a million reasons as to why its a bad idea, I have been in those situations where i play the same sad playlist, singing the same songs till my eyes physically cannot cry anymore just to make myself feel something other than numb or dread... I've put myself in a dark place when its so easy for people to say 'dont watch that if it makes you sad' but yet i've sat and watched the same film that I know i will cry at...

Its a horrible place to be and its even worse when you have no one to talk to and that is what i stupidly did, i didnt speak to anyone, i just laid awake eating myself up with all my worries (some valid and some completely and utterly made up, but felt so real at the time) causing myself panic attacks but not admitting it to anyone, so like the girls have all said, keep talking to us... we are always here, we always will be, no matter what time of the day (we are lucky to cover all hours with our international team!!!)

You are not alone, and you will get through this, believe me xxx

• Heart

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Yes.

Still in the sink! Came downstairs and said, the flannels need washing as they're starting to smell a bit. Yes, because they are the dirty flannels (the clean one is hanging by the bath). Didn't think to actually bring it down and stick it in the washing machine though.

He was so smug too, like I'd give him a pat on the back.
This is why I choose a life of solitude

• Haha
  • Heart

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
I'm okay.

The day outside my head... sunshine and got some stuff done and far from the worst it could have been.

The day inside my head... very grey and bleak. Tired and slow and quiet and sad and just about managing not to cry in front of people. Like a heavy blanket of snow settling on me.

Whittled right down to surface level functioning only. Doing what I need to do to hopefully stop people noticing my brain is mostly switched off. Falling apart otherwise.

It's OK. I cope with it.
Always here for you lovely. 💙💙
Ahhh The Enemy take me back to a really specific time in my life. Always get transported back to the same indie club if I ever hear them on the radio
He’s just rang to say he won’t get home until 7 so we’re not going 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart