Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
So sad. Felt so sorry for her. She’s heartbroken I’ve been there too.
It is very sad & I think it’s a positive thing that public figures are sharing the experience.
I feel slightly torn, there are many people one of my friends included who are struggling to have one child. I think as part of the conversation around fertility issues it would be good to acknowledge the difference. Wanting a third child while you have two healthy children is very different to trying in vain for a first or even a second.
Just to be clear I think a miscarriage in any situation is awful. I hope it’s clear this post isn’t meant in any way to take away from that.
I do think in conversations around fertility it would be helpful to acknowledge that all situations are not the same. For example, when Jamie Oliver’s wife spoke about her issues struggling to have a sixth child. IMO it’s insensitive to put yourself out there as to that extent about fertility issues when you have five healthy children. Wider point than Jodie’s personal experience obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

blondeminion15

VIP Member
I’ve said it before but I envy her lifestyle. This week while I’ve been sitting at my desk, she’s been to a spa, another day - lovely sambo & a bit of interiors shopping in Blackrock with her husband and today the extension plans. I wouldn’t want to live my life on Instagram for it but it’s be nice all the same!
It's worth keeping in mind that these are only the things she chooses to show. You would be amazed the amount of marriages and lifestyles that are very different to what people put out there on social media. It's nice that she is comfortable financially to do up the house, and seems to have a lot of free time. But there is a lot she doesn't have - a healthy level of fitness - she may be slim (I think she looks rather scrawny personally) and she'd probably collapse if she tried to run 1k. She doesn't seem to have any actual hobbies - online shopping doesn't count. She doesnt get involved in anything whether it's volunteering, sports, book clubs etc. When you scratch below the surface of social media she doesn't really have much to say for herself. She shops, goes for dinner and takes photos for IG 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Her Q&As are lol. Oh my hair is just naturally full and thick I don’t wear extensions and im just naturally thin I don’t work out xxx fuck off ya braggy dose

• Haha
Reactions: 17

blondeminion15

VIP Member
I have to say I do like Jodie. I've read all the comments here and I do agree that she is privilaged, but a person can't help where they come from. I do think she appreciates what she has and isn't boastful like a lot of other blaggers (SoSue..) The Moncler jackets for the kids was ridiculous though. I think what you see is what you get with her and she speaks her mind, whether it's to do with parenting or beauty products/brands. I think that's what I like most, she's not afraid to be honest. I'm just an average person but I also don't shop in Penney's except for socks and maybe Pj's, I just don't think it's good quality and would prefer to spend more on something that is tailored better and lasts. That being said, I would put Nasty Gal in the same bracket as Penney's so it's a little odd that she promotes them.

Reactions: 16

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Sorry but the fucking VOICE. Between the monotone vocal fry and the fake accent she is unbearable to listen to. She is the absolute worst for filters. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her unfiltered on her page? I’ve seen her in real life and she has loads of freckles and you’d never notice this on insta, she is so heavily filtered. She did a skincare ad there not so long ago and used a filter the whole way through. Also what’s with the pouting? She can’t speak without pouting or biting down on her back teeth. And the €500 moncler kids coats 😆🙄🙄 absolute notions Jodie. Had to laugh when she was gifted baby grows from Penney’s for Noah and she was like “oh I never usually buy kids clothes there but these are so nice”, sorry what?!! Imagine thinking you’re too good for a few Penneys baby grows like notions eleven get a grip. I’d say she doesn’t darken the door of the place for fear she’d be seen mingling with the plebs

• Heart
Reactions: 14

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I remember a time when she was shading Joanne Larby for copying her content. Now she has ripped off Lauren Arthurs in every way and it’s not even as if Lauren is someone who is worth ripping off, she is awful and cringeworthy. The reels with the stompy walks and the pouts and looks back to the camera, I just can’t, they are so embarrassing and cringe. She was much more likeable when she was authentic and not trying to force an *aesthetic

*FUCKING HATE THAT WORDDDD

Reactions: 13

Groovy

Sickkkkk of the horse stories. She’s insufferable she’s like a spoiled child showing off her new toy. She’s never happy no matter what she has.

Reactions: 13

Sallyspal

VIP Member
Quite insensitive considering she’s two healthy babies to be saying ivf won’t probably work for her when it doesn’t work for some people who are desperately trying… I know you can’t tiptoe around everything but some thoughts are prob kept between yourself and close circle

Reactions: 12

LennonRoad

VIP Member
She has an amazing life. I know people who are loaded who don’t have her quality of life.
Wearing nice clothes, applying lip liner, drinks with friends, posing with the fella, 2 lovely boys, pony for rides , Reno a house-
Nice life she has
Won’t die from work related stress anyway

• Haha

Gigi87

Back in Dublin - isolating - but going to Avoca to pick up stuff and planning to go out for walks?? Surely that’s not isolating?
isolating means staying in your house right??

Clangers2

VIP Member
I presumed she was trying to make light of her fertility struggles which she’s been pretty open with
Fertility struggles!!!! She has two perfect healthy kids
Sick of these attention seeking free loaders
Why can't she be happy with what she's got?
Many would only love to have 1 successful pregnancy let alone 2 🤬

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
“Everything happens for a reason” aren’t very comforting words for someone going through miscarriage is it? Maybe it’s fine for her because she will eventually have another but I don’t see how it’s meant to soothe someone who has had repeated miscarriages and probably can’t carry a pregnancy to term. I know she meant well but she needs to think more before she types
I agree I think her intentions are good. However I think infertility is such a sensitive topic you have to be so careful what you say. She says that now knowing her medical issues have been identified & from what she said I think dealt with. There are no doubt women looking at those stories who have unexplained infertility, no children, no money for treatment etc. Those women simply aren’t going to identify with “everything happens for a reason.”

I like no doubt many simply can’t afford to have so many children. I sympathise unreservedly with anyone who has had a miscarriage. But simply not being able to have a third child when you already have two healthy children isn’t that big a deal IMO.

Very different to Jodie but Jules Oliver did a podcast about her fertility issues as she wanted a 6th child. I like many have a friend desperate for one.

In short I think fertility is complex and while I think it’s a positive thing that people are talking about miscarriages & fertility issues I think choosing to do so also carries responsibility to acknowledge the difference between situations.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

ah_g’wan

Who would have thought that instead of buying one €2000 bag, you can buy four €500 bags … mind blowing stuff… thank god she’s here to share her wisdom

• Haha

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
It would seem she can’t actually function as a parent without her mother being two steps behind her at all times

I also find it HILARIOUS that she wants to move to Spain probably purely based on superficial reasons like better climate and tapas. She has absolutely no idea how privileged she is and how sheltered she is in life, not one notion. I’d love to see her live in Spain for a few months without her precious mom in tow helping her wipe her behind. She hasn’t a clue. Her life in Dublin is as cushy as it gets. Gorgeous home, help on hand whenever you need it, freebies through the door everyday, gifted baby gear, two lovely babies and a hands on husband, yet Jodie is all “ugh I just cannot, please get me out of here!!!” I genuinely hate how she talks such shit about ireland yet I bet if any of them got sick over there they wouldn’t be long coming home. She acts so eye rolley and so over and above life here like you’d swear she’s been slumming it. What a princess. Piss off to Spain and don’t come back. Let’s see how long you survive without freebies coming through the door.
She’s an absolute dose who hasn’t a clue about real life

Last edited:
  • Heart

Blow In

Jodie going on about what she’s going to miss when she “moves back” to Ireland… Should that not be “goes back” to Ireland or “goes home”. You’ve been on an extended holiday love. 2-3 months in another country in a holiday home is not moving somewhere. Notions!!!

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
“I need to stop eating like seven croissants for breakfast”
Why do people like Jodie pretend that they have weight to lose? You know you don’t Jodie quit the harmful bullshit