Job interview

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’ve got a job interview on Friday. I had a teams call with the manager yesterday (informal) and she loved me. It was meant to be next Tuesday the interview but they want to bring it forward (she spoke to her Bosses and they agreed they wanted to meet me asap), they need someone to start literally ASAP as the other girl is leaving on the 9th. She said they haven’t had many candidates either and she gets the jist from meeting me on Teams I would be an amazing fit for the role.

I usually have more time to “prepare” for an interview but I really want to leave my current job asap, give my week notice and it’ll mean I also save £260 a month on Petrol & won’t be travelling 3 hours a week☺

I’m cramming in revision too (I’m usually really good at interviews and don’t get nervous at all..)

Has anyone had an interview where they’ve had literally 2 days to prepare/revise for it and they’ve done well? I don’t want to move the interview as I think the fact I only have a week notice at work is a BIG factor to me getting the job, along with my skill set & she was just really impressed with me. Thank you x

I’m going to mention in the interview that I usually get a good week to revise / prepare🙂🤣

So I’ve got a job interview on Friday. I had a teams call with the manager yesterday (informal) and she loved me. It was meant to be next Tuesday the interview but they want to bring it forward (she spoke to her Bosses and they agreed they wanted to meet me asap), they need someone to start literally ASAP as the other girl is leaving on the 9th. She said they haven’t had many candidates either and she gets the jist from meeting me on Teams I would be an amazing fit for the role.

I usually have more time to “prepare” for an interview but I really want to leave my current job asap, give my week notice and it’ll mean I also save £260 a month on Petrol & won’t be travelling 3 hours a week☺

I’m cramming in revision too (I’m usually really good at interviews and don’t get nervous at all..)

Has anyone had an interview where they’ve had literally 2 days to prepare/revise for it and they’ve done well? I don’t want to move the interview as I think the fact I only have a week notice at work is a BIG factor to me getting the job, along with my skill set & she was just really impressed with me. Thank you x

I’m going to mention in the interview that I usually get a good week to revise / prepare🙂🤣
It sounds like you won’t need to prepare very much. I think informal chats are better to get to know a real person as formal interviews are stressful and people are on edge trying to come across well.

I would read up on the business, not just what they do but their mission statement or charities they support (if applicable) and have maybe a couple of questions to ask and more importantly - be yourself again. Good luck!

Reactions: 3
Unless this is a joke, I wouldn't. Two days is more than enough time. It would make it sound like you need a long time to prepare for things.

Best of luck!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Agree with the other posters but another tip I would have is to think of a few examples of things you've done in your current role where you've shown initiative, gone out of your way to help someone, coached your team, developed yourself in your role etc etc then it means you've reminded yourself of a few examples to talk about if something comes up in a question

I once had less than 12 hours to prepare for an interview, OP. To be honest it wasn't ideal (interviewer could not have cared less and had just returned from holiday) but it was a fairly informal chat, which I think yours sounds like it will be, too. In terms of prep, I just looked over my CV and made sure I had some results-oriented examples that were relevant to the position, and did some solid research on the company.

I once had less than 12 hours to prepare for an interview, OP. To be honest it wasn't ideal (interviewer could not have cared less and had just returned from holiday) but it was a fairly informal chat, which I think yours sounds like it will be, too. In terms of prep, I just looked over my CV and made sure I had some results-oriented examples that were relevant to the position, and did some solid research on the company.
Sorry just seen this interview was happening on Fri, @al255 ! Hope it went well