Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lunalee

Recap of thread #15 - Joanne is breastfeeding

That's it, that's the recap
If anyone is wondering about a day in the life of Joanna Super Mumma Larby (routine recap)

- Wakes at 8am, to BF baby
- Gets fed by Adam around 9am
- Puts up a questions box on "How To" relating to parenting then ignores all advice and just suggests BF as the only solution to calm any child no matter the cause of their distress
- 10am: shares some posts from other BF sources to make sure we all haven't forgotten how beneficial BF is, and that Joanne is EBF her son
- Posts some pics of her cute baby giggling and advancing in milestones or in a little outfit with no socks on
- More posts about BF and usually by 1pm there's a pic of Adam's greasy man bun
- Shares a picture of a present her brother / brothers GF got the baby, to remind us all she does in fact have a family outside of baba and partner
- Lunch time (probably fed by Adam)
- Posts pictures of baby latched on just incase we forgot she is BF in the few hours since she last reminded us
- 2pm: time for daily drive to Beara Pennsuila so Adam can swim and Joanne stays on land to BF baby and to post some candid pictures of her in a cute village pushing their "spon" buggy and car seat system while wearing a slick back bun and bin bag leggings and moon boots (don't worry she will post an AF link too)
- More slow still shots of a beach and a cliff in West Cork (that's where she lives in case you forgot) in the hope the Irish Tourism Board may notice for a collab
- how could I forgot the daily posts about her first born Storm the doggo and Mom guilt for tending to her baby and not dog (thanks Lalakala!)
- 5pm now : posts about having cried a few times because baby is cluster feeding all day and Adam will be due to feed her dinner around now (she might post a picture of her BF and gorging on some microwave meal she got sent for free)
- Evening bath time for baba, with a towel on to keep him warm in the bath
- Pic of a cute Boho corner with biege furnishings and her favourite lamp for baby's night routine
- Time to study house content and post some SCANdi pictures and interior design
- Talk some more on Instagram about how baba has magically gotten himself into a fabulous routine even though he's EFB but she has to wake him once at 4am to feed so she doesn't wake up with engorged boobs next day, but Joanne has an amazing milk supply just incase you didn't know
- another question box asking how to balance being so tired and how women manage to keep it all together from her position of privilege with a partner at home full time to help around the clock
- Final post about being baby led regarding routine and a not so cryptic post about how amazing Joanne is and far superior than us mere peasants

The daily grind for a "lifestyle" influencer.

---------------

* not intended to sound bitter about BF this is just the vibes Joanne emanates

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Star3654

Long time lurker...
You're time will come more quickly if you're happy for others when their time comes?
How utterly insensitive! Fortunately my husband and I are finally pregnant after a long time waiting. We were genuinely happy for every one of our friends and devastated for us every time there was an announcement.
I cannot get over the constant narrative from this person that she has all the answers, ramming breastfeeding down our throats.
Unfollowing after that comment. Literally made my blood boil! So what, people are struggling with infertility because they're not happy for others?
May be over sensitive (I'm almost 30 weeks so hormones everywhere) but that got me when I read that!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

Gillygilly

She's really annoyed me with that rubbish about breastfeeding. I breastfed my 3. I didn't do any research, just said I'd try it. Got great help at the hospital after the birth and then was really lucky it all went well for me and my first. But do you know why I decided to continue breastfeeding my first for a year ,and then the next two kids? ...because it was easier for me, simple as that. No major sterilizing as I rarely expressed, no getting out of bed to make /heat bottles,no planning ahead with bottles when leaving the house. Not to mention not having to spend money on formula. Yes I was a bit more limited freedom wise but only for the first few months. Breast fed babies are the same as bottle fed babies,,,they grow and go on to solids and need less milk. You're not sitting under them for 5 hours a day for a year.(according to her ridiculous comparison ).
I've never heard anything so ridiculous. I loved breast feeding, cried when each of mine stopped but my God!, I never thought less of other mothers who bottle fed. If anything I admired them for the extra work they had to do to keep their babies healthy.
What an absolute tool she is. She would put anyone who is trying to decide which way to go , completely off breastfeeding. Making out it's some huge sacrifice when in most cases once mother and baby have got the hang of it and there's no issues it's less work than bottle feeding. Especially when there's just one baby and no toddlers or older siblings running round.
She makes everything a f+#jing production!

• Heart
Reactions: 34

HiddenValley

Chatty Member
She's a clown. Went on a staycation in the same county she lives in, brought half the house with her because Riv absolutely needed his bath and his inflatable Tummy time mat along with thousands of euros worth of handbags just so she could sit in the dark in a hotel room at 7pm and take photos of her handbag in the toilet?

• Haha
Reactions: 33

dee_mc

VIP Member
She'd honestly give you a nose bleed "slept from 7:30pm.til 7am except for waking for a feed at 4am" so he didn't sleep til 7am then did he you absolute dose
Sure I've slept for nearly the last 37 years, waking up just in the daytime.
She's some gobshite.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Blue1989

VIP Member
Serious second hand embarrassment for her. Sinead Heg was listing her favourite podcasts and said "Vogue Williams" and "Joanne larby" for the lols. A blind man would clearly see this was a mistaken tag and she means Joanna McNally. JoJo only goes and feckin reposts it. Mortifying🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m not reading her thread here regularly anymore cos what can u say? Militant breastfeeding, photoshopped to alien proportions pics, boring boring boring scenery. She’s mad. That’s all. Absolutely gone. The poor child. Nothing will be normal in his life. First day of school? Nope. Homeschool by a mad bint of a mother. Football or rugby? No way. Meditation and yoga and neutral tights. If you think the breastfeeding content is infuriating, just wait for weaning 🙈🙈🙈
Also, why the pic in black and white, then the next slide is the exact same pic in colour??? Like it was shit boring the first time, we don’t need it twice…

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Shaunafauna

We need more detail from the eye witness who spotted her in Fota yesterday! Let me guess, she’s twice the size of her instagram posts with a big wide spud of a head and was bet into her phone with a scowl on her face the whole time
I would easily say twice the size... Which there's nothing wrong with if you own it. She was wearing what I can only describe as a coral coloured mumu with leggings underneath and chunky black sandals. Hair was thick with grease and slicked back in a ponytail and she only had her foundation done as far down as one of her chins. Wasn't on her phone the whole time to be fair but herself and the boyfriend kept looking around to see who was watching them which was kind of strange. My husband didn't have a clue who they were and just said "are they alright? They're acting really shifty" and I had to explain to him that she's Insta "famous" and was seeing who was checking her out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Lunalee

Her post just reiterates what a fucking asshole she is.

Bravo on all your accomplishments as a mother however to infer being "so much better than who you were" because you had a child is so insulting to anyone else who a) doesn't want a child, or b) fertility may not allow them to have a child. Her post just speaks to the absolute superiority complex she has (and that's getting worse) and I wouldn't mind but she is a new mother, with a partner at home full time living in the land of fairies with no real sense of reality. While other mothers have children with complex health or disability needs, work, have other children, parent alone, or maybe with a partner who is working all hours to keep the bills paid. She is so far removed from reality and while I'm on the topic, the term "exclusively breastfeeding" needs to go because it further stigmatises other children who are FED by whatever combination of means - bottle, breast, combination, feeing tube or otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

dee_mc

VIP Member
Who in their right mind tracks their child’s calories?!!!! Unless your child has an issue with feeding and you’ve been instructed to? She’s a dangerous lunatic.
She's talking absolute shite as usual, and trying to sound like an expert.
She clearly doesn't track her own calories, never mind the poor child's.
That superior tone she uses when pontificating on her 14 weeks experience as a "Mom" to what sounds like a very unfussy baby - she might have some right or justification in using that tone if she had raised a couple more kids past the newborn stage, and her advice might be actually useful if that was the case too!
"He wakes for a feed, which I want to continue for as long as I'm exclusively breastfeeding"
Eh, what the fuck does that even mean?! He's a fucking baby Joanne: they wake for a feed until such a time as they don't need to wake for a feed anymore, no? And what about when she moves on from eXcLuSiVeLy bReAsTfEeDiNg? Fire a pizza and a few pastries into the cot for him to snack on in the night is it?
Honest to God, if a person with 14 weeks experience of a new job started presenting themselves as an authority on the role they'd be rightly laughed out of it. I really hope nobody is asking this fruitloop for advice and it's just her old trick of asking herself the questions she feels like answering.

• Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
I just don't get why someone like Larby even decides to wade in to such a debate.
She is passionate about or pretends to be passionate about the most random of topics and issues: a feminist who brands a woman she doesn't know a narcissist. An anti-vaxxer. Rabidly pro-breastfeeding to the exclusion of any other method of feeding a child and with no understanding of people's varying circumstances. A body positivity influencer and supposed plus size model who pretends to be at least 5 sizes smaller than she actually is, and photoshops herself accordingly. She champions the idea of investment pieces but owns at least 5 designer basket bags, 6 of those ridiculous fecking €80 beanies and I don't even know how many ACNE scarves - hardly timeless items that will stand the test of time. Passionate about sustainability, she dresses her baby in undyed hessian and herself in 55 different polyester monstrosities per week from such paragons as H&M and Zara. She's a Montessori teacher and child development expert who continuously spouts conjecture and half-truths as Gospel.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: she's a psychologist's dream.

• Heart

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
We HAVE to use the phrase "her magical tits" in the next thread title. I'm crying here 🤣🤣🤣

Suggestion:
Her designer tatt all counterfeits, she cures all ills with her magical tits

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

CailínBeag

VIP Member
Anyone remember the days of her counting each single flight & how many times she packed & unpacked her suitcase? She’s still the same sad cow & would be doing the same if she had the money to go places
Or putting on facemasks to hydrate her skin on her Ryanair flight to London 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28

crankypants13

VIP Member
Her whole persona now is a breastfeeding Mother. She has nothing else, so this is what’s rammed down our throats instead.

For those of us who can see the wood from the trees, we know she’s a f*cking crackpot. But when I think back to my chronic PND after baby #1 and “failed” attempts at breastfeeding, I would’ve been so triggered by this “content”. She’s absolutely crossed the line from sharing her opinions to being dangerous and triggering for many. I really hope she’s one of the Insta folk who has their account hacked and deleted. It’s all she deserves at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 27