Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Registered on here just to follow this thread!

I have listened to Jo’s radio show for years, on and off. But not when my OH was around, he could not abide her. When she said she was starting a blog I was interested as there aren’t that many women of her age doing them. Although she has always been a show off, she was amusing, and her content was not just about clothes and how she looks. There were cultural things. I know covid has put the kibosh on a lot of her normal content, but even before covid she started to piss me off.

The blatant pushing of stuff, the pleading poverty, the name dropping, the vanity. In the last year I have found her insufferable. I don’t subscribe anymore but dip in every now and then. I no longer listen to her radio show. She is the epitome of those BBC types who think that London is the centre of the universe. I was brought up in central London, lived there most of my life (but not now) and she winds me up with her “this is why we live in London” and being disparaging about other places. I have left a few caustic comments on her comments about her disingenuousness about being poor whilst spending hundreds of pounds on clothes.

She is a blagger, not a blogger, and not a very good one. I do not believe most of what she says, she talks utter tripe at time. If I see her up on the roof kicking up her legs one more time like a 1970s dolly bird ......I cringe for her, she just looks daft.

She looks absolutely dreadful at the moment. She has aged so much in a year, it is quite marked. She has lost loads of weight from her face. She looks frail, and the oversized clothes are not helping. She could be quite an inspirational person to follow, woman of a certain age, engaged in life, the arts, books, and fashion but she is just a vain person now who only cares about her neck, her hair, the freebies she gets. Basically she is just your average vlogger, just an older one.

I think her radio team suffer her because she is “the talent”. Interesting to read about her adding false praise about herself in emails and reading them out. I think she is terrified she will be let go. Eddie Nestor gives off the same vibes about that.

I am glad this thread exists. The world of influencers bothers me. The endless consumerist push. I though MAM was different, but no, same as all the others, but worse somehow because of her age. You kind of hope that when you get to your 60s there is more to you than vanity and narcissism, but it seems not.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
So much argy bargy on there. Sophie W keeps popping g her head up and commenting. MAM keeps repeating the same exempt line. I’m sure it’s water off a duck’s back to her. She said she’s going to a community respiratory clinic today.
I think the community centre is a lanyard distribution centre. So weird that she made no previous mention of being exempt, until the commenter suggested it.

She's desperate for more subscribers but is alienating viewers with her do-as-I-please ways, and her current subs might start dropping like flies. Cue the panicked reply-binge yesterday, she never usually bothers explaining herself about anything so it seemed like an arse covering exercise.

20210419_071054.jpg

20210418_221942.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

House of Tea

VIP Member
I like plates, don’t like meals served on roof tiles, planks or in plant pots. Plates/chargers have been around for centuries because they are ideally suited for eating meals. Chasing a salad around a bit of slate, with the dressing running off the side, with the fork making a scratching noise is hellish. I always think they are detracting from the food when they do this. I actively avoid places now that still do this.

Reactions: 7

Anicecuppa

A bit off topic but kind of connected: Has anyone watched "Alternative Aging"?
The lady who does this blog is a similar age to Jo, living in a lovely home in Brighton and wears gorgeous vintage clothes.
Makes for nice watching if you're looking for an alternative 👍

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
That was so rude she hadn't turned up. I take it the way the shop owners reactef, MAM hadn't called to say she wasn't coming. Basic manners!
I don't think the shop owner is impressed with MAM barging in so rudely with her camera but times are tough in retail so she is simply tolerating her in case there is some benefit.

This shows how narcy and unselfaware Jo Good is. Looking back at the footage anyone with an ounce of manners might think twice about including it as the rudeness is obvious - to anyone except a narc.

obsessivelocust

View attachment 453159View attachment 453159

I also found a few bits of her on Producer George’s saved stories stories where she says why do people judge her when she doesn’t judge them. 🤨 his account is @georgewburton.
You know you can take screenshots directly on your phone and upload them from there - saves a lot of hassle and is clearer.

My opinion of Jo Good has really nose-dived since she started vlogging - is it just me or has she become more narcissistic and insufferable with age? She didn't seem so bad doing overnight shows in the early 00s.

Mustard

VIP Member
Awful. How weird was she in this vlog? No one wants to see her bloody awful legs. Notice she says, she's wearing a seatbelt.:LOL: It's under her arm. What's the point? I thought she seemed a bit pissed off about something. Rock chick Susie was back. That restaurant was so packed. They probably got thrown out, as soon as they had eaten. Not even Jo Good is allowed to loiter. Francis Click lol. It's Francis Crick. I wonder if the BBC course was part of a telling off. Still moaning about the cost of everything, yet still going to Harley Street for acupuncture and private clinics.
Agree about the seatbelt wearing. She was given a lot of advice in the comments about how to adjust the seat belt correctly. Poor Matilda once again unsecured and in the front seat. Susie was captioned as an actress, perhaps she was trying to impress her with her enunciation. She told George she had gone out to eat at ‘Daphne’s’ in Islington. No pictures of the food she’d supposedly ordered. Said she wasn’t showing the people she was eating with yet happily showed other people sitting there while panning around. She was wearing a tweed jacket in the BBC office.

Undoubtedly looking for some free vein work and probably for some more free Profilo. The white sweater makes her look childlike. Complaining about what background people might see in her zoom BBC course, as well as complaining about the course, yet filming herself doing it. She’s lucky to have a job.

Said the book she showed needed speed reading before she interviewed the author, yet in her show she said it was only one of two books she’d read in the last year - the other one was supposedly Jane Fallon’s, who she also recently interviewed.

She’s got nothing to show in a midweek flog. She was wearing very obvious foundation despite saying she doesn’t wear any.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Pretending to have listened to Julian Clary in Radio 4 outside in her mother’s garden last night.

Re Jersey Boys, saying she had front row seats and would be booking again and again if she could afford it. How annoying would it be to sit next to or near her. 😠

Edit: that arse licking phone call from a ‘listener’ after she left a dead air gap was hopefully a piss take.

Banging on and on about going to Crystal Palace in her youth, give it a rest.

I find it weird the way some people comment about George in an extremely personal way on her flog.

I find it weird the way some people comment about George in an extremely personal way on her flog. His hair, his brief, his skin etc,

Pretending to have listened to Julian Clary in Radio 4 outside in her mother’s garden last night.

Re Jersey Boys, saying she had front row seats and would be booking again and again if she could afford it. How annoying would it be to sit next to or near her. 😠

Edit: that arse licking phone call from a ‘listener’ after she left a dead air gap was hopefully a piss take.

Banging on and on about going to Crystal Palace in her youth, give it a rest.

I find it weird the way some people comment about George in an extremely personal way on her flog.

I find it weird the way some people comment about George in an extremely personal way on her flog. His hair, his brief, his skin etc,
His beard, not his brief.,.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Miss LDN

VIP Member
I've just started watching today's vlog, stopped 4 minutes in to ask; what's with the posh accent?
Awful. How weird was she in this vlog? No one wants to see her bloody awful legs. Notice she says, she's wearing a seatbelt.:LOL: It's under her arm. What's the point? I thought she seemed a bit pissed off about something. Rock chick Susie was back. That restaurant was so packed. They probably got thrown out, as soon as they had eaten. Not even Jo Good is allowed to loiter. Francis Click lol. It's Francis Crick. I wonder if the BBC course was part of a telling off. Still moaning about the cost of everything, yet still going to Harley Street for acupuncture and private clinics.

Reactions: 6

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
There are so many things I agree with from part 1, but am I don't know how to c&p a specific quote. It doesn't seem to be same as on DS where you can post as a single link.

The person who said MAM adds "Jo, I love your show", when they didn't in their original email, I can concur. She thinks she knows all about London and the the whole of the SE. I have often had to correct her by email when she is wrong about here in Essex, yet she still adds something I definitely didn't say about her or her programme.

What/who is the female equivalent of Walter Mitty? Is there one?

Mustard

VIP Member
There are so many things I agree with from part 1, but am I don't know how to c&p a specific quote. It doesn't seem to be same as on DS where you can post as a single link.

The person who said MAM adds "Jo, I love your show", when they didn't in their original email, I can concur. She thinks she knows all about London and the the whole of the SE. I have often had to correct her by email when she is wrong about here in Essex, yet she still adds something I definitely didn't say about her or her programme.

What/who is the female equivalent of Walter Mitty? Is there one?
That was me who said she embellished my emails. I haven’t sent her an email for a long time, not for years. I dislike the fact that she constantly reads out emails praising her show, even though she’s said she’d been told not to, by her producer. It’s highly likely they too have been embellished, if they are even real emails. I’ve heard other presenters, like Jim Davis, say something occasionally like, thank you for your kind comments if he reads out an email.

She’s never addressed the queries she’s received on her Flog about Matilda being loose in the car.

Lululime

VIP Member
I’ve got late onset asthma, but in order to do my job I am obligated to wear a mask or else leave my colleagues short staffed. I manage.....and have done for almost a year. Everyone’s different I know, but I can’t help feeling she is using it as an excuse. Let’s face it, she was jogging ( apparently) until a week or so ago. I suspect this is just another of her handy excuses.

• Heart

oldandgrey

She looks completely deranged with her twirling and exaggerated posing. She probably is well known in Marylebone - as the nutty old woman who looks like an eccentric bag lady. As for George, he looks completely bored and pissed off with her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

WallacesDog

Did anyone hear Gillian Reynolds - eminent radio critic , 85 years old and now working for the Times - call in to her show after her son called her to tell her to listen. She didn’t identify herself as she was just known as Gillian but MAM twigged after she said she worked at The Times like Eleanor. Then the fawning started. Gillian said she had been watching Neighbours during her lunch break and MAM said it was strange that she was doing that instead of listening to her. I believe she was serious. So we know that GR doesn’t listen to her. GR went in to say that she had been told by The Times that she was being let go at the end of April at the age of 85. She was fine about it. I hadn’t realised she was still working as I don’t read The Times.

MAM admitted that she lived to work do she could show off, even when she was a waitress.
👋🏼 hello, have been reading thru all the posts and couldn't wait to get out of the car to join in today!
(I had listened to Jo on my daily commute couple of years ago but hadn't listened since, then started listening again couple of months ago and couldn't believe the transition into beggy, InstaHun wannabe!!)
So the eminent radio critic rings in for first time and Jo was bit slow on the uptake, then 💡 so then the gushing commenced.... 🤢
Incidentally tally did anyone else notice the way she enthused about how she had followed her career yet when Gillian was listing her places of work Jo ageeed a split second later like at school when you didn't know the answer to a maths question but would say it a fraction after the clever kid and nod on agreement as if you knew all along...(just me, so?!)
Did anyone else notice how she got wrong end of the stick about three times despite Gillian clearly telling her she wasn't being let go from her job until the end of April and yet Jo kept asking what she was doing since finishing?!
It would help if she bloody listened first time round rather than simply waiting to jump in with her own 'Me, myself and I'
Also loved it when JG asked an inane question only for Gillian to answer, "No! Don't be ridiculous' or something similar 🥴 cringe.
Anyway, longtime lurker and agree with everything said here regarding disordered eating, high opinion of herself, beggie, not noting #ads correctly and always turns a topic back to herself 🥇

• Heart
  • Haha

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I’m going to apply for a position on Jo Good’s BBC Radio London team. I would pitch a new daily segment “The Narcing Hour” - each day Jo interviews a very special guest, in her own inimitable style.

Jo Good: This week on The Narcing Hour I want to welcome a VERY special woman, she’s an actress, broadcaster, vlogger, author, dog expert, health and nutrition expert, fashion and beauty influencer, an authority on London history and geography, and an attention-seeker par excellence* (*to be mispronounced) and one of MY favourite people in the whole world. Hello Jo!!

Jo Good: Hi Jo, it’s such a pleasure to be on your show, can I tell you I’ve been a fan for ages, I love your vlogs on YouTube, you speak for me and thousands of women of a certain age, we all love you. Can I ask where you get such joie de vivre* and energy?

Jo Good: I’m supposed to be asking the questions here but I will say just keep watching me on my socials at Middle Aged Minx, I share my fitness routines and I also show you what I eat in a day, it’s all there for you to follow! But, almost as importantly, tell me more about YOU Jo…

Jo Good: Well, you're not the only one who vlogs, my channel's at Middle Aged Minx, but contrary to what some would say, it's not all about me, I also feature my bulldog Matilda and my 96-year-old Mother who are clickba..., um I mean are really loved my my followers. I love vlogging, it's my passion..

Jo Good: I love vlogging too, it's my pension. You know, you really should come on my vlog...

Jo Good: ...only if you come on my vlog.

• Haha

Icicles

Hello,

I have read the thread and agree with much that you all say.
I can’t remember how I ended up seeing MAM on my youtube account but I soon stopped watching - well before lockdown.
Firstly I thought it very odd that she referred to herself as :
1. Middle aged -( seriously ? She’s 66 though she looks a great deal older )
2. Minx - (cringe ...)

What really stopped me watching was the horrendous snobbery ‘royal florist ‘ this ‘ the rich live here ‘ that. It was sickening.
The reason I decided to post was the mention yesterday of Gillian Reynolds being on her radio programme.
I listened to most of the programme . MAM kept asking if people past retirement age should give up their job to allow younger
( and talented - my edit !) people to have a chance . After listening to the show, my answer is a resounding yes

just to be clear I wasn’t thinking of Gillian Reynolds when I answered yes!

I also laughed when G Reynolds dismissed one of the questions with a “ don’t be ridiculous“ or something like that.
I’d never listened before and won’t do again as I thought no matter what the topic the questions asked were dull

Last edited:
  • Heart