Jo Good #2 Call my agent - please! I'll do anything, even Cherryz.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jo Good (aka Middle Aged Minx) has been broadcasting on BBC Radio London for many years, she currently hosts an afternoon show from 1.30 to 5pm on weekdays but has started a second career as an Influencer. Mention of her on the BBC Radio thread on Tattle prompted the creation of this thread, it was started not knowing how active it might become but, getting to thread #2 in three months, it's been quite busy.

Read more about Jo here, in the first post of the first thread.

We comment on Middle Aged Minx's socials, as well as Jo Good's Radio Show. We are noting instances where #ADs are not marked as such, and also where Jo Good uses her platform on her radio show to direct BBC listeners to her social media accounts on YouTube, Instagram and Twitter. She has promoted: brands selling active wear, silk garments and skin care; the online beauty operation of a high street store; an online discount homewares retailer and others.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The last thread title got a Bella Freud, why not this one?
20210223_093251.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Not only does she promote brands but then forgets they’ve gifted her items like sports bras and sports wear because she doesn’t wear them when starting her latest sports venture. See her latest Vlog where she undoes her non sports bra as it’s uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Thank you @VeeJayBee for new thread and title. Hopefully more people will find it now.
Have noticed that MAM is a bit bow legged. A sign of rickets. Her bones must be like fine lace, after years of eating disorders. Post menopausal
too. No matter how much she rips an avocado, or shows us a mahoosive bun, we know she's not getting a decent amount of nutrition. I would get one of those bone density scans, if I was her. Someone emailed her show to ask her what her water consumption(zilch), was like, and told her to get proper supervision before running.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Y
Thank you @VeeJayBee for new thread and title. Hopefully more people will find it now.
Have noticed that MAM is a bit bow legged. A sign of rickets. Her bones must be like fine lace, after years of eating disorders. Post menopausal
too. No matter how much she rips an avocado, or shows us a mahoosive bun, we know she's not getting a decent amount of nutrition. I would get one of those bone density scans, if I was her. Someone emailed her show to ask her what her water consumption(zilch), was like, and told her to get proper supervision before running.
Yes, I heard her say she doesn’t drink water. Smoking (as she’s an ex smoker) can also contribute to osteoporosis. She could make having a Dexa scan part of her programme or Vlog.

• Haha
We are also recording instances of Jo Good's hypocrisy. For those new to the thread: She would always speak about promoting sustainable fashion (saying she preferred to buy designer items in natural fabrics, mainly from boutiques in W1). But the sportswear brand she promoted made garments in synthetic fibres and shipped in plastic wrappers from China, she promoted this brand on YouTube, while on the same day she said on her radio show that shopping online was joyless with all the plastic, and criticised her neighbours for getting constant deliveries of online orders. She also promoted a subscription-based haircare brand that posts heavy bottles of their products from the US, minimum cost £29 for two bottles.

Last edited:
She said she hopped it to Battersea Park this morning and no excuse about doing an interview. Gushed about seeing lots of celebrities. I also don’t believe that she went to Nunhead Cemetery after doing a prerecorded interview. BBC London has been doing all their interviews remotely and not even allowing guests in the studios.

Straight out of the traps on her show she tells listeners to go to her Insta, giving the Middle Aged Minx handle.

Love how she refers to the watch finding company as Coronohunter, not Chronohunter.

20210223_133826.jpg

She said she hopped it to Battersea Park this morning and no excuse about doing an interview. Gushed about seeing lots of celebrities. I also don’t believe that she went to Nunhead Cemetery after doing a prerecorded interview. bBC London has been doing all their interviews remotely and not even allowing guests in the studios.
So much for following the law to stay local. Driving to exercise in Battersea Park, I am sure she didn't walk that far. Probably with her dog not secured properly in the car.

• Heart
Straight out of the traps on her show she tells listeners to go to her Insta, giving the Middle Aged Minx handle.

Love how she refers to the watch finding company as Coronohunter, not Chronohunter.

View attachment 451664

So much for following the law to stay local. Driving to exercise in Battersea Park, I am sure she didn't walk that far. Probably with her dog not secured properly in the car.
No way would she walk to Battersea Park. Remember that her ankles hurt and she’s taking arnica for them. 🥺I bet she was meeting someone in there. . She also mentioned DJ Fat Tony as being there. She’d had him on her Dogs and the City podcast way back and they’d spent the whole time in his house.

Wonder if they will interview Nicky Campbell about his recent book featuring his dog Maxwell. He’s been all round the houses talking about it. The ironic thing is that he’s got his own dog podcast that I’ve not yet listened to.

I listened to Nicky being interviewed by Fi Glover and Jane Garvey on their Fortunately podcast and it was the best interview I’d heard with him. I did work with him a long time when he was with his first wife.

I think Nunhead was just an excuse to meet her mate, and dog, and get some vlog footage. There was no producer. Battersea probably the same, as it's something for her to show the subs, who don't live in London. Peasants in her eyes.
Anyone notice how she told us she was wearing an Intimissimi roll top in the vlog before last? 'This is not an ad'. That was her begging. They use vloggers, and send lots of fancy stuff. Letting us know they're not cheap. Such a try hard Jo.

Reactions: 2
I’m having terrible problems editing on here!

I think Nunhead was just an excuse to meet her mate, and dog, and get some vlog footage. There was no producer. Battersea probably the same, as it's something for her to show the subs, who don't live in London. Peasants in her eyes.
Anyone notice how she told us she was wearing an Intimissimi roll top in the vlog before last? 'This is not an ad'. That was her begging. They use vloggers, and send lots of fancy stuff. Letting us know they're not cheap. Such a try hard Jo.
Well spotted to pick up on that re Intimissimi. Re travelling a long way to do an ‘interview’ - remember when she moaned and moaned about having to travel to South London to have her hair done by her normally hotel based hairdresser when she was working from home?

I can tell her lots of places to find delicious cinnamon buns in South London. 😂

Edit - she just mentioned being called Middle Aged Brat somewhere, by somebody. 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Middle Aged Brat. :LOL: I only listened to a bit. MAB kept interrupting the guy talking about watches. Infuriating.
Uncanny.
Will she now look to invest in vintage watches? I can’t bear the suspense!

• Haha
She’s just posted on her Insta account signposting to a talk she’s doing with Paula’s Choice at 6 pm today.

Go on to the Paula's Choice Insta. The pic of her is horrific.
Yikes! Not sure how that picture is going to help sell their products.

She also did something similar 4 days according to the Paula’s Choice account.

Last edited:
  • Haha
0992D260-B9E8-4700-A9E9-89699BC71EF7.jpeg
0992D260-B9E8-4700-A9E9-89699BC71EF7.jpeg

I also found a few bits of her on Producer George’s saved stories stories where she says why do people judge her when she doesn’t judge them. 🤨 his account is @georgewburton.

• Haha
View attachment 453159View attachment 453159

I also found a few bits of her on Producer George’s saved stories stories where she says why do people judge her when she doesn’t judge them. 🤨 his account is @georgewburton.
You know you can take screenshots directly on your phone and upload them from there - saves a lot of hassle and is clearer.

My opinion of Jo Good has really nose-dived since she started vlogging - is it just me or has she become more narcissistic and insufferable with age? She didn't seem so bad doing overnight shows in the early 00s.

Reactions: 7
You know you can take screenshots directly on your phone and upload them from there - saves a lot of hassle and is clearer.

My opinion of Jo Good has really nose-dived since she started vlogging - is it just me or has she become more narcissistic and insufferable with age? She didn't seem so bad doing overnight shows in the early 00s.
Totally. I always thought she was a crap actress in Crossroads. I thought radio Jo was much better. Inside Out was ok. Got to see her in real life through work, and realised she's self absorbed. The the whole Big George thing was odd. Since she started vlogging I've realised how duplicitous, and as you say narcissistic, and insufferable she is. No self awareness.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.