Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossipHun

I've just done a 2 week holiday in the sun, all inclusive and it was amazing! Reading books on the beach/by the pool, enjoying the feeling of actual sun on my skin, few drinks, lovely food and quality time with my husband. Not really understanding the whole shock horror 😱 around lack of sight seeing or day trips... some people just don't want to and it doesn't mean its a wasted holiday 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Dove88

A fried egg on a burger makes me feel squiffy.

I really like Jess. I get the daily bikini dance could annoy folk but I think she's one of the more straight up influencers. I've not long discovered her and I've been watching her highlights and she seems pretty straight up and clear that she uses aff links etc. She also tells you where everything is from instead of blindly linking like a lot of influencers do/did, so if you're really against aff links you could find the outfits yourself on the website.

I'm a few weeks ago from my first holiday in years. I've gained some weight from the last time so I'm not really feeling great about myself. But I've worked bloody hard for this holiday and I want to feel the sun on me and walk down to the sea and splash around with my husband.

On my last holiday I wore ridiculous swim dresses and flouncy swimskirts (that actually make you look bigger!) because I didn't think I should or could wear a normal pair of bikini bottoms. Since discovering Jess I've ordered 3 honest to God bikinis and even packed them in my case already so I don't chicken out. 33 years old and never wore a bikini, but seeing bodies similar to mine has inspired (or influenced, ha) me to say "fuck it, wear the bikini."

People may not find her personality or style to their taste, but I don't think it can be downplayed how much of a positive thing it is seeing bodies like Jess represented on social media. Even if that is jumping around like a fanny in a two piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

emisixo

In no way am I jumping on the “I’d shag Milli” train but he really looks like he’s lost a bit of weight.
It’s a slippery slope…

One minute you’re acknowledging he may have lost some weight, and then before you know it you’re imagining him giving you a foot massage in one of his trendy ASOS haul outfits

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

alldayeveryday

Chatty Member
I mean let's be real, there are plenty overweight people in the world. The heavier you are the more difficult it is to do everyday things. I've been there, it's a miserable life. If you've not been that size you won't understand. I used to worry constantly about leaving the house. How far would I need to walk? Where can I park the car? Is it uphill? Will I need to go up steps? What will the seats be like? Will I fit? So it is easier to stay in the comfort of your own home.

Almost all overweight people understand the concept of eating less & moving more but there are so many more factors. If it was easy there just wouldn't be any fat people. If Jess wants to make any changes (which she did previously indicate she did) then I would wish her all the best in doing so. All I can say in encouragement is the hard work is worth the reward but you have to want to do it for yourself. My motivation was wanting to have children.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Luceelou

Seriously! She’s posted about holiday blues when so many of her followers work full time and can’t afford to go away with holiday prise rises and the cost of living increasing . So out of touch. Jess, you have followers that work in the NHS and have to use food banks. 😠
I never get this. If someone can afford to go on holiday why shouldn’t they be able to share it? It’s not her fault that people can’t go away. As someone who works full time and wouldn’t have been able to afford the increases had I waited until this year to book our holiday (luckily I didn’t) . I want to be able to share it without people throwing how shit everyone else’s life is in my face. I would never begrudge anyone getting away after al that’s happened over past 2 years even if you made it through mainly unscathed it’s still been shit for most.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Loobloo

VIP Member
It's one thing she has been very open about. That's not to say at only 35 she might not change her mind in the future.
This is so disappointing. People know their own minds and if at this point in time she is confidently saying she doesn't want kids, she doesn't want them. I'm 36 and have never wanted children and all I get all the time is 'you might change your mind'. Does anybody ever say to women who DO want children that they might change their mind? No.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Lala22

Chatty Member
People are cruel to big people, particularly in the UK. I feel a lot of Jess' anxiety probably stems from being talked about in public, being treated differently and struggling with mobility. My dad was her size when I was growing up and the comments were endless. It became a catch 22. He felt bad about people making comments and soothed himself with food...
I’ve not ever commented on this thread before but felt compelled to after reading that. Years ago I was a lot bigger than I am now. Still probably only about a size 18/20 so not huge. I was walking down Oxford street (I went to uni in London) and just as I was about to cross the road a man came up to me, held me by the arm in a “concerned” kind of way and said “you need to go to the gym”. He had a big smile on his face as well as if he was trying to soften the blow. It was fucking awful and I have never forgotten it.

In those same few years at uni I had blokes in nightclubs come up to me and lift me up off the floor thinking it was funny infront of their mates. One night I was crying outside a pub after drinking too much and a man probably the same age as my dad said “there’s always a fat girl crying at the end of every disco” I was only about 18/19 and now I’m much older I can’t get over how disgraceful those men behaved. Now I am smaller I don’t ever have anything like that happen and part of me hopes this type of thing doesn’t go on any more.

Sorry to de rail😂😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Loobloo

VIP Member
Thread suggestion: mi fellas in a mood cos I video all wuh food, mi new klekshuns pyah naff but we are big tippahs to 'otel staff

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I think it's weird they're not even being social and hanging by the main pool. The swim up pool looks boring af 😂
The best bit about being lazy around the pool is getting slowly pissed whilst earwigging and silently judging everyone and discussing at length with your partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Niki14

My husband is great with our dog too but it doesn't mean he wants kids lol. They are a lot different to dogs and dogs are enough in my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

emisixo

I can understand your question and being inquisitive, but this is a little weird. Maybe cause this triggers me as I had skin cancer.
I asked to dermatologist if I’m higher risk of getting it again and the answer is very , very minimal higher risk then others so proves that anyone can get it and she won’t be any higher risk then others in getting it just like I am
Why do you find it weird? Someone said it could be dangerous and I therefore thought there might have been a link between her skin condition and increased risk of skin cancer because I presume the condition interferes with melanin. I wondered if she was covering her face enough so I asked the question then got replies to the tune of ‘well duh we’ve knew this since the 80s’ and melasma and melanoma are different things. I didn’t mean to go on a mission to insult those that have had skin cancer before. It was a genuine question, with no underlying meaning. I’ll just Google it next time, Christ.

• Heart

emisixo

I don’t think she’ll say anything bad has happened, whether it has or not, it takes some level of commitment from Jess to stay off her phone this long!

You tend to fix your hours to suit your lifestyle. For example my kids are young enough to demand dinner at 5. So I tend to have a window from 12 to 5. But if you're accustomed to eating dinner at 7 then you focus around that.

You're not supposed to have anything but black coffee and tea and water otherwise but I do insist on a splash of skimmed milk in mine. You're allowed to use 100 calories so that's what I use mine on. I would drink tea in the evenings watching TV.

And I always have a cheat night. Friday night I'm having my wine and crisps. But if you want more dramatic results you won't do that for the first month or so!

I'm having fish and chips tonight! I really enjoy my dinners. I enjoy not having to eat different stuff from the family. But I eat quite small lunches and sometimes don't even bother with lunch but only have a cup of tea (that's called OMAD and it gets surprisingly easy once you're experienced at the whole thing, don't try it starting out!)

The app I use is called Fastic.
All this sounds unnecessary. I’m all for finding out what works for you but the intermittent fasting brigade e.g. Michael Mosley have made millions off dieters by selling their books. “You’re not supposed to” - says who? This in my opinion is just diet culture nonsense and creates fear around food with made up rules which keeps people fat in the long term. The only reason people lose weight doing intermittent fasting is because their window of eating is reduced therefore creating a big calorie deficit, far more than necessary to lose fat sustainably.
Sorry this isn’t directed at you personally, I just hate diet culture, same with slimming world, keto etc

Last edited:
  • Heart

PrincessJeanie

VIP Member
Maybe being harsh and I hope she is ok but I think anyone in the public eye that posts themselves on social media upset/crying is doing it for attention and to up their engagement rate. If you are genuinely having that bad of a day, stay off Instagram - it’s not difficult 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I dont have a problem with them doing fuck all. But why fly 12 hours? Just seems odd.
Millie looks like Elon Musk 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 29

emisixo

🙄 its tattle yes. There isn't a rule that says people can only comment if they dislike someone. Anyone can post their opinion and if they are influenced.by her, so what? Many of times I've seen people admit on here that they like and have bought things from her collekshun and they never get pointed to a rave thread.

Those marks on her thighs are horrendous and her breathing is so bad. Milli doesn't even sound concerned though..
I get this. I started following Jess for the same reasons. I wanted to accept my body as it was and bought into the whole health at every size thing. I followed people like Jess because she was and can still be trendy at a bigger size after being told all my life that being fat means you’ve basically failed as a woman, despite having numerous other achievements. Last summer I went to Greece at my biggest after a period of what I can only describe as lying to myself that it was self acceptance to treat my body with little movement, binging and junk food. I wore a size 22-24 bikini and I can probably say people didn’t give a toss and if they did, that’s none of my business. However - in the real world it got to the point where I was out of breath walking down the street and my doctor told me my blood pressure was too high and I had raised lipid levels indicating the start of a fatty liver in my mid 30s. I hadn’t moved in over a year but started walking, learned about calorie deficit and I’ve lost a little weight but still have a way to go. The main thing however is that I’ve reversed the above health concerns. I can walk and talk without being out of breath. I go to bed and don’t suffer with heartburn all night and I don’t wake up gasping for breath if I lie the wrong way like I used to. I am still fat but I am trying to be kind to myself and treat my body with the respect it deserves.
I look at Jess being so in denial about her lifestyle and just get so frustrated that she promotes this to her followers - that it’s normal to live the way she does. That is just as harmful to people who have been put down for being big, follow her and bury their heads in the sand too. I think a wake up call will come very soon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

MJx

Chatty Member
Is anyone else repulsed by darcy licking Jess lips. She’s probably just licked her vag and is now licking her face #vom

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28