Jeopardy - Stephen Fry ITV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn’t find a thread for this “new”
gameshow with Stephen Fry starting today ITV etc
Interested to see how it goes

Reactions: 1
Not sure. The Britishness is throwing me off a bit as for me it's quintessentially American haha. But the main issue is I don't think Stephen Fry is right for it, he doesn't seem a natural quiz show host

Reactions: 6
I really don’t like Fry as the presenter! They should have had Rylan or someone with a bit of humour

Reactions: 4
Oh I don't think rylan would have worked, it's not a humour show. In the US its more of an intellectual one rather than a jokey fun one. But yeah there needs to be some lightness too. Richard Osman maybe (if he wasn't already busy). Maybe Rick Edwards

Reactions: 3
It’s been years since I have seen the American version I did used to like it and am glad the format seems as I remember- I agree - not keen on Stephen Fry either - he’s a bit of a bore

Reactions: 3
Oh I don't think rylan would have worked, it's not a humour show. In the US its more of an intellectual one rather than a jokey fun one. But yeah there needs to be some lightness too. Richard Osman maybe (if he wasn't already busy). Maybe Rick Edwards
I must admit I couldn’t take it seriously after watching SNL’s celebrity jeopardy and black jeopardy parodies. The bit where they have to write on the screen I was fully expecting someone to draw nonsense 🤣

“Unwatchable” says Daily Star article…. must be true if the star says it🤣
Sounds like people just don't like the format. It isn't a silly quiz like deal or no deal. I think the afternoon slot is wrong for it. Its more an evening one like some of the other more serious quiz shows.

Sounds like people just don't like the format. It isn't a silly quiz like deal or no deal. I think the afternoon slot is wrong for it. Its more an evening one like some of the other more serious quiz shows.
It gets the braincells rattling- I like something that gets me thinking- Stephen Fry is definitely the weak link- I saw a bit of the programme before it- “Riddiculous” … the riddlemaster from that might be a good host- not on everything - not sure who he is- Henry?

Reactions: 2
It gets the braincells rattling- I like something that gets me thinking- Stephen Fry is definitely the weak link- I saw a bit of the programme before it- “Riddiculous” … the riddlemaster from that might be a good host- not on everything - not sure who he is- Henry?
Yeah it feels more like mastermind/University challenge than deal or no deal.

It feels like the wrong time, wrong presenter and maybe wrong channel

Keshava is such a clever guy. I hope he ends up winning his total.

I often forget the category, I wish they would put it on screen next to the clue. The US version is 22-26 minutes whereas ours is like 50 without the ad breaks and that’s with the same amount of questions. I don’t think us brits could handle the pace of the US version 😂

What happend to the guy who's been winning all week?? I missed yesterday's. Do they keep the money they win from the previous shows?

The Scottish guy beat him. Yeah they keep the money, I think he left with about 19k or something? Not bad

Keshava is such a clever guy. I hope he ends up winning his total.

I often forget the category, I wish they would put it on screen next to the clue. The US version is 22-26 minutes whereas ours is like 50 without the ad breaks and that’s with the same amount of questions. I don’t think us brits could handle the pace of the US version 😂
To be fair I think during Keshava's run he often looked a bit irritated that Stephen was rattling off facts about the previous question rather than letting him pick the next one, I suspect the producers have decided to pad their runtime out to an hour they want to embrace that but it does interfere with the momentum a bit.

I think the latest winner could go on a good run, very strong yesterday.

Got both my favourite subjects correct on all questions today Horror Films and Video Games. Gurantee if I ever get on it'll be algebra and cricket, I'll be stood there on minus 150 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha