Jenny Apple

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love both Jenny and Kyle. I've been following her journey for awhile now, she's very detailed with her health info and I appreciate how honest she is about her emotions. It's certainly not always an easy watch though as my heart really hurts for them. Right now I'm holding out hope that she can get on a trial that works for her. Sad that she was having such a bad reaction to the last one.

Reactions: 15
Thank you for starting this thread...I too hope that she is given a chance at new treatment.

Reactions: 12
I have a hard time watching her videos, especially the last one with the rings. My mom gave me one of her vintage rings the Christmas before she passed from pancreatic cancer. It's all just too heartbreaking. Bless that little family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Thanks Lucyricardo for starting this thread.
I too have followed Jenny since her sad diagnosis.
It certainly was sad to hear the trial she was on had ceased working and her cancer was progressing. Jenny really does have issues with significant pain that often limits her ability to get out and about with Kyle and the children. Hopefully her team can get her onto a new trial that will afford her better quality of life so she can really enjoy valuable family time.
I do agree it is sometimes really difficult to watch her videos, specifically when she is distressed and crying for long periods while filming.
I understand this has upset some of her regular followers and is possibly the basis for the change in what has predominantly been sympathetic and supportive comments left on her channel. Many have questioned Jenny’s need to film herself during long periods of ‘pain and suffering’ and questioned the motives.
When these videos become difficult to watch, I just fast forward or stop watching altogether and wait a couple of days until the next video is released. While I do not interact with vloggers on their channels or leave comments, I can appreciate and relate to some of the frustrations raised.
---
I have a hard time watching her videos, especially the last one with the rings. My mom gave me one of her vintage rings the Christmas before she passed from pancreatic cancer. It's all just too heartbreaking. Bless that little family.
My mother in law also did the ring gifting prior to her death and it was a significant event in our family. Those rings are so special and we often sit around sharing valuable memories when the family are all together and wearing our rings! It’s always a happy time to remember and share. I think Jenny’s intention is really special and I understand exactly what she is aiming at with those rings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks Lucyricardo for starting this thread.
I too have followed Jenny since her sad diagnosis.
It certainly was sad to hear the trial she was on had ceased working and her cancer was progressing. Jenny really does have issues with significant pain that often limits her ability to get out and about with Kyle and the children. Hopefully her team can get her onto a new trial that will afford her better quality of life so she can really enjoy valuable family time.
I do agree it is sometimes really difficult to watch her videos, specifically when she is distressed and crying for long periods while filming.
I understand this has upset some of her regular followers and is possibly the basis for the change in what has predominantly been sympathetic and supportive comments left on her channel. Many have questioned Jenny’s need to film herself during long periods of ‘pain and suffering’ and questioned the motives.
When these videos become difficult to watch, I just fast forward or stop watching altogether and wait a couple of days until the next video is released. While I do not interact with vloggers on their channels or leave comments, I can appreciate and relate to some of the frustrations raised.
---

My mother in law also did the ring gifting prior to her death and it was a significant event in our family. Those rings are so special and we often sit around sharing valuable memories when the family are all together and wearing our rings! It’s always a happy time to remember and share. I think Jenny’s intention is really special and I understand exactly what she is aiming at with those rings.
Same, I skip parts that I find too distressing. I really feel for her. Her two kids are the ages of my children, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to look at them every day and not know how long you'll be there for them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
In T's thread a few of us discussed Jenny and making memories for her kids. It was discussed why Jenny wouldn't create and make private videos to leave for her children. Why publish them to random strangers if they are private precious moments?
Well, I can now see that Jenny has published some of her videos which must have been set to private. There is a few which wasnt there recently.
Jenny had made videos and made them private

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In T's thread a few of us discussed Jenny and making memories for her kids. It was discussed why Jenny wouldn't create and make private videos to leave for her children. Why publish them to random strangers if they are private precious moments?
Well, I can now see that Jenny has published some of her videos which must have been set to private. There is a few which wasnt there recently.
Jenny had made videos and made them private
I just watched it. I smiled lots and enjoyed it. I hope she keeps some as ‘private’ just for family viewing given they are special times and precious for the people nearest and dearest to her. Surely not everything needs to be shared and commented on by complete strangers. I don’t agree with sharing everything.
I love ladybugs🐞! When I see one I pick it up so it can flyaway home off my hand and I make a wish! Just as my mum did with me when I was little and taught me the ladybug poem 💗
Hope they’re special for Jenny too and a symbol of good health to come! 🩷💗🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I want good things for Jenny and her family too, but I can't let it go that she blatantly lied, to make herself look oh so sympathetic, righteous and wondrous -- she was just too humble and meek - too wonderful - to push for the doctor to use anesthesia, even though she said it had clearly been arranged before hand. This cold, cruel doctor apparently looked at her like she was crazy and fobbed her off. Then came the very long crying jag on camera.

Of course her followers were furious at the callous doctor - and the City of Hope hospital - and her team, etc. So does she take responsibility for misleading her fans and maligning the doctor? NO. She "clarifies" that they (the doctor or other staff) offered to reschedule in a room that was set up for anesthesia, but she decided to go ahead. Not because she was too meek, though, but I guess because she was in a hurry to get some relief and decided it wasn't worth waiting.

So she comes back to explain that but throws a shitload of blame on her rude, uncaring commenters who were blaming her wonderful doctor, hospital, staff... Well, honey, YOU blamed him! And you hyped the situation 1000% per cent by setting up the camera and crying and crying and crying... Interesting that all this happened when Kyle was nowhere near the room, so what did he know about the interaction with the doctor - so he wouldn't know she was lying.

I can't think of an adequate excuse. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. A manipulative narcissist lies to control you to get what they want (attention, admiration, sympathy, 'likes', views, money, whatever), and when confronted, never takes responsibility - in fact they throw it back on you - your honest reaction is your fault - never theirs because of their gaslighting. If it quacks like a duck, well, sorry. I get that people want to move on and excuse it, but I don't think there is a reasonable excuse for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I want good things for Jenny and her family too, but I can't let it go that she blatantly lied, to make herself look oh so sympathetic, righteous and wondrous -- she was just too humble and meek - too wonderful - to push for the doctor to use anesthesia, even though she said it had clearly been arranged before hand. This cold, cruel doctor apparently looked at her like she was crazy and fobbed her off. Then came the very long crying jag on camera.

Of course her followers were furious at the callous doctor - and the City of Hope hospital - and her team, etc. So does she take responsibility for misleading her fans and maligning the doctor? NO. She "clarifies" that they (the doctor or other staff) offered to reschedule in a room that was set up for anesthesia, but she decided to go ahead. Not because she was too meek, though, but I guess because she was in a hurry to get some relief and decided it wasn't worth waiting.

So she comes back to explain that but throws a shitload of blame on her rude, uncaring commenters who were blaming her wonderful doctor, hospital, staff... Well, honey, YOU blamed him! And you hyped the situation 1000% per cent by setting up the camera and crying and crying and crying... Interesting that all this happened when Kyle was nowhere near the room, so what did he know about the interaction with the doctor - so he wouldn't know she was lying.

I can't think of an adequate excuse. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. A manipulative narcissist lies to control you to get what they want (attention, admiration, sympathy, 'likes', views, money, whatever), and when confronted, never takes responsibility - in fact they throw it back on you - your honest reaction is your fault - never theirs because of their gaslighting. If it quacks like a duck, well, sorry. I get that people want to move on and excuse it, but I don't think there is a reasonable excuse for this.
I don't get how someone makes one error, probably not intentional, and suddenly there is all this vitriol, where does that come from? Was this how people felt about her before? Such venom doesn't just come out of the blue ( it took quite a lot of joining dots for many Tiffanythinks followers to get to this level of pissed off), so was this just the miss-step people were waiting for so they could 'justifiably' rage at someone who they just don't like?

• Heart
  • Haha
It's just my honest reaction - and I thought I'd been picking up on a very performative quality to her videos. But anyway, I'll be brief (if I can lol) - I was raised by a narcissistic single mother and it was hell. Right now, I'm looking at a pin-up poster on my wall, that I often re-read to try to continue my healing process, that says:

"It's easier to penalize me for my reaction to your behavior than it is for you to own that you elicited that response by how you treated me."

Like you lie to me, and I believe you and react in an appropriate way. Then you don't admit you lied and accuse me of being the bad guy because of what you goaded me into doing.

The second video was the trigger. If the first video overstated the situation and was unintentional (and not designed to get some manipulated response), then how can you just tell a completely different account of the situation and never admit you told it another way the first time? And my heart went out to the caring people that she chastized.

Oh I'm all tangled up. Maybe it's me. But yes, I've been feeling conned (not by her cancer story but by her performative too-perfect cute vegan mom lifestyle stuff)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Can I ask? Have you followed Jenny from the start of her journey? I will explain why I ask that.

I have followed Jenny from the start of the journey and Jenny has always cried alot. It is nothing new. I know Jenny is in a Facebook group that I am in and Jenny struggles to read posts because seeing others pass away scares her. I do believe Jenny is sincerely very frightened.

I get the impression (and I could be completely wrong) that the majority of Jennys followers are new followers, possibly many that have moved over from the Tiffanythinks channel. And I get the impression that many of Jennys new followers haven't watched all Jennys videos and don't really have an handle on her personality, how Kyle & Jenny interact, and how Jenny does struggle with pain.

Jenny has had pleural effusions for over a year now. When she has the thoracentesis procedue it hurts her because she has developed nerve damage and scar tissue from previous procedures. The fluid itself causes pain and an inability to lay flat. Due to these symptoms Jenny feels upset and embarrassed that she needs sedation for scans to be able to lay flat, and pain relief so she can get through the procedures. I get the impression that Jenny really hopes that she can deal with the pain and be able to have these procedures/scans like any other patients do.
We have to remember that Jenny was given an appointment that became available quickly (likely to be a cancellation) and the team wasn't set up to offer the pain relief Jenny had requested. The doctor reassured Jenny that he could do the thoracentesis without causing pain, by removing less fluid. Is Jenny wrong for trusting him? I know that if I was in Jenny's shoes I would trust the doctor and I'd think, Okay lets get cracked on and give it a go. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Maybe the doctor hasn't had time to read Jennys notes properly?

I think for those of us who have followed Jenny from the very start of her diagnosis have an understanding of Jenny crying alot, Jennys fears, Jennys feelings about use of Morphine around her young kids, her history with pleural effusion etc. Whereas new comers to the channel are seeing a few videos and wondering why Jenny is crying and why Jenny agreed to try having less fluid drawn.
---
It's just my honest reaction - and I thought I'd been picking up on a very performative quality to her videos. But anyway, I'll be brief (if I can lol) - I was raised by a narcissistic single mother and it was hell. Right now, I'm looking at a pin-up poster on my wall, that I often re-read to try to continue my healing process, that says:

"It's easier to penalize me for my reaction to your behavior than it is for you to own that you elicited that response by how you treated me."

Like you lie to me, and I believe you and react in an appropriate way. Then you don't admit you lied and accuse me of being the bad guy because of what you goaded me into doing.

The second video was the trigger. If the first video overstated the situation and was unintentional (and not designed to get some manipulated response), then how can you just tell a completely different account of the situation and never admit you told it another way the first time? And my heart went out to the caring people that she chastized.

Oh I'm all tangled up. Maybe it's me. But yes, I've been feeling conned (not by her cancer story but by her performative too-perfect cute vegan mom lifestyle stuff)
Sorry, I didn't read this follow-up post. I can understand where you are coming from and this is Tattle, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

I agree that there has been a change in Jenny recently, but it's a subtle change nothing sinister in my opinion. A change from always being hopeful. (From Jenny's recent group postings, Jenny doesn't even know her prognosis, she has never asked for a prognosis and has always maintained she does not want to know because she chooses to remain hopeful that a treatment may come along and that treatment may be thee treatment). Jenny gets frightened when she sees fellow patients pass away).
A change from being hopeful to perhaps accepting time is running out. Maybe why she is now telling others she is stage 4 and living a little differently.
I queried why Jenny had said to her followers that the channel was meant to be for her children so they had video memories. Now I can see with my own eyes that she indeed did have an older video set to private which has now become public.
With regard to chastising people? Did she though? Jenny loves her team and has always spoken highly of the City of hope. Jenny left the hospital where she was diagnosed and specifically moved to the City of hope. All she was doing was pointing out that her care team aren't the bad doctors many of her followers thought.

Last edited:
Something we all need to keep in mind when watching YT, we only know what we see, if a You Tuber puts out a video "Felling sad" or "Anxious" then we assume they are that, remember they set the scene for how we feel about them, they can play with our emotions and draw us into what they want us to believe, after all we can see what being "happy" does to the views (Tiffany Thinks) people click on drama, crying, results, emotional videos more than "Girls day out".
Be honest with yourself, do you TRULY believe that Jenny would put out all these videos if she made zero from them? If not a single video was watched or monetised do you really honestly believe they would post for "Family and friends"??? There is a reason why they cleverly curate their content.

Reactions: 10
Something we all need to keep in mind when watching YT, we only know what we see, if a You Tuber puts out a video "Felling sad" or "Anxious" then we assume they are that, remember they set the scene for how we feel about them, they can play with our emotions and draw us into what they want us to believe, after all we can see what being "happy" does to the views (Tiffany Thinks) people click on drama, crying, results, emotional videos more than "Girls day out".
Be honest with yourself, do you TRULY believe that Jenny would put out all these videos if she made zero from them? If not a single video was watched or monetised do you really honestly believe they would post for "Family and friends"??? There is a reason why they cleverly curate their content.
I don't think Jennys set out to make money from her channel because her earlier videos was very sporadic. No ads, no merch, no selling viewers stuff.
I questioned when Jenny said the videos were for her children to have memories (the obvious question was why not set them to private?) but after spotting Jenny did indeed have a private video (the one I posted) which has now been made public, it answered my question.
I think Jenny & Tiffany are worlds apart, I honestly do.
There is no denying that money is being made from her channel. Jenny recently said "now that I have got an income" which I assume she means from her youtube channel. Does that mean she is cleverly curating content though?
I don't see any difference from her first video when she was diagnosed to most recent video? Other than perhaps accepting what stage 4 actually means.
Even in videos where I have felt a little awkward watching (example- mothers day) because as a viewer it felt like I was watching sentimental things which I feel should be private (why the children love their mummy), I questioned if the content was to pull on heartstrings, but after I visited very old videos (before diagnosis) I can see similar. I think its just Jennys & Kyles way of life?
---
I just watched it. I smiled lots and enjoyed it. I hope she keeps some as ‘private’ just for family viewing given they are special times and precious for the people nearest and dearest to her. Surely not everything needs to be shared and commented on by complete strangers. I don’t agree with sharing everything.
I love ladybugs🐞! When I see one I pick it up so it can flyaway home off my hand and I make a wish! Just as my mum did with me when I was little and taught me the ladybug poem 💗
Hope they’re special for Jenny too and a symbol of good health to come! 🩷💗🩷
Daisy, you are showing you have a soft heart right here :)
Fancy coming to my house to clear the ladybirds from around my window frames? :)
It dropped cool here lastnight and I couldn't shut my windows because I'd end up squashing them. Softie me! Or silly bugger me laying in bed cold because I can't squash squatters that seem to love my window frames.
Childrens task for this weekend is to catch them all and take them outside.

• Heart
I don't think Jennys set out to make money from her channel because her earlier videos was very sporadic. No ads, no merch, no selling viewers stuff.
I questioned when Jenny said the videos were for her children to have memories (the obvious question was why not set them to private?) but after spotting Jenny did indeed have a private video (the one I posted) which has now been made public, it answered my question.
I think Jenny & Tiffany are worlds apart, I honestly do.
There is no denying that money is being made from her channel. Jenny recently said "now that I have got an income" which I assume she means from her youtube channel. Does that mean she is cleverly curating content though?
I don't see any difference from her first video when she was diagnosed to most recent video? Other than perhaps accepting what stage 4 actually means.
Even in videos where I have felt a little awkward watching (example- mothers day) because as a viewer it felt like I was watching sentimental things which I feel should be private (why the children love their mummy), I questioned if the content was to pull on heartstrings, but after I visited very old videos (before diagnosis) I can see similar. I think its just Jennys & Kyles way of life?
---

Daisy, you are showing you have a soft heart right here :)
Fancy coming to my house to clear the ladybirds from around my window frames? :)
It dropped cool here lastnight and I couldn't shut my windows because I'd end up squashing them. Softie me! Or silly bugger me laying in bed cold because I can't squash squatters that seem to love my window frames.
Childrens task for this weekend is to catch them all and take them outside.
Well done, Saydee! My sister and I are the same way. My sister takes any flies or spiders outside. She won’t step on an ant lol And I just saved a fly from drowning in a bowl of cat food that I put out for our stray cats lol 😂❤
---
Jenny put out a new video a few hours ago. I feel so sorry for her. She’s talking about the side effects of this new treatment. She’s sad but she’s asking for prayers that this treatment will work, it sounds like she’s trying to remain hopeful 🙏🏻❤

• Heart
Well done, Saydee! My sister and I are the same way. My sister takes any flies or spiders outside. She won’t step on an ant lol And I just saved a fly from drowning in a bowl of cat food that I put out for our stray cats lol 😂❤
---
Jenny put out a new video a few hours ago. I feel so sorry for her. She’s talking about the side effects of this new treatment. She’s sad but she’s asking for prayers that this treatment will work, it sounds like she’s trying to remain hopeful 🙏🏻❤
Jenny's latest video is another really sad account of what so many go thru that have cancer and young children. I look at those kids and feel so awful.....there are many photos of them together on a holiday in San Diego and those memories are what they will have. I hope this treatment gets better for Jenny.....I think in the back of her head she is thinking about that decision that so many are faced with...quality of life vs active treatment. I think there is room still for this treatment to be tolerated by Jenny but if the side effects continue to be so bad and do not moderate I can see her stopping. I don't know the stats on success of this drug in holding the cancer at bay at least to buy more time...but the quality of that time must be somewhat better or she will probably stop. I hope it is working for her in some way. I think it is important to just look at what is happening now with Jenny and the fact there was a video or two that seemed really off...well I am gong to cut her some big slack on that one and see no need to keep discussing it.

• Heart
My allotment is 'no-kill' lol, people think I am crazy for embracing all the critters, and I spend quite a proportion of my time there rescuing worms and other creepies, and losing crops to the mice. Hey ho 🤷🏻‍♀️😆. Off to watch her latest video, been travelling today.

• Heart
Thanks for your patience with me - and I've watched Jenny a long time and only recently started being triggered a lot and the anesthesia incident was just the last straw. So anyway, I don't watch anymore and need to shuddupaboutit but the bizarre mask-dropping incident (imo) seemed very pertinent to a thread just about her - the most significant thing I've seen on her channel, in a self-revelatory way.

But I do wish things were different with her prognosis. Her family is very sweet and going through a lot (and will be in a critical time soon, it seems.) Maybe they'll hit upon a treatment that gives her a long time and doesn't cause too much suffering. I'll check in here hoping for good news.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.