Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cat_follower

Right okay, let's just get rid of all her staff and only employ someone based on their skin colour, age and sexual preference from now on. Oh, you're a young talented straight girl with passion for makeup? Sorry, you don't fill the diversity quota. Next!
Your comments are giving ✨ daily mail ✨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Got to be honest, I find all those brand events/trips etc just a total circle jerk. After accepting the hospitality you will never write anything remotely critical. The brands pay out £££'s to host and the oncost just goes to the poor sod that actually has to part with their own cash for the products.

The whole industry is so disingenuous.

Reactions: 35

sophie1106

It’s quite scary how social media can warp your view on what is considered beautiful. I remember when Jamie was starting out and she had a completely different look. Of course we all grow and change and find new things we like. But her transformation is dramatic when you compare then vs now and I wonder if it would be the same if she was in a different line of work.

What happens when the “standard” changes? So many of these procedures aren’t exactly an easy or affordable fix - you can scrub off your fake tan but can’t regrow the healthy teeth you had shaved down for Turkey.

I’m guilty of getting sucked in by the beautiful pictures on Instagram. But I always remember one time I was looking at my phone and complaining about something while I was with my mum, and she told me to put my phone down and go outside and look around for a while 😂
This is probably an unpopular view. But I genuinely love the differences in people, and that’s what I find attractive/nice looking. Big noses, different shaped faces. The fact everyone wanted to look like Kylie Jenner for a time didn’t appeal to me. For reference, I have seriously thin lips and an asymmetrical face - neither bother me.
I have a best friend who has a “big” nose. She wants a nose job as she thinks it’s ugly. To me, it’s her family nose and makes her distinguishable, and she’s a beautiful girl who suits her nose.
I think it’s totally fine for people to want to change these things about themselves if it seriously bothers them. But I wish society as a whole could decide that these sort of things makes us unique. Personally, I’d think it was incredibly boring if we all had the same lips, noses, chins etc. Hope this doesn’t offend anyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Teawithnosugar

VIP Member
Right okay, let's just get rid of all her staff and only employ someone based on their skin colour, age and sexual preference from now on. Oh, you're a young talented straight girl with passion for makeup? Sorry, you don't fill the diversity quota. Next!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

diana1110

I don’t mind influencers getting sent free products to try but the gifted holidays really get me down 😔 we’re debating as a family if we can afford to go on one holiday this year and what we’d need to sacrifice to be able to do so and this is probably just the first of about 20 for her this year. I’m glad Jamie’s business is doing well and she’s worked hard for it but I wish they’d just pay for their holidays like normal people do

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Jamie looks amazing but it’s important to remember she has the time to go to sessions and to eat a great diet and all those things. I only post this as I have with suffered body dysmorphia and disordered eating in the past and it’s important not to compare.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

boxxy247

I feel a bit sad for little romy who's going to grow up looking like what Jamie used to and then one day realising that Jamie changed all the things about herself that she didn't like with filler, botox, veneers etc. But all those features she changed are going to be the ones romy has. It would be very confusing for a little girl growing up and would cause her to be self conscious of things that have been passed down by Jamie. Always comparing herself to what her mum used to look like and thinking oh my lips look like my mums when she was younger but she changed them because she didn't like them, that must mean she doesn't like mines too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
The way she totally distorts her jaw in her editing. It just looks weird. The Sheerluxe still below is her actual jaw, nothing wrong with it.

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Restless Native

VIP Member
Yeah I did say she was just posing weird. I do prefer the way her face looked before the filler and Botox though, just a personal opinion. I remember really liking her because she was so unique looking View attachment 2852323
---
She has said she didn’t love her face like this though, so I suppose each person should be free to change their face how they want
Shes entitled to do whatever she wants to her face I agree. However the pressure to look a certain way and the normalisation of tweakments especially with people in their 20s is a sad indictment of society imo.

I'm so glad I was a teenager pre social media and Kardashians

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

boxxy247

I honestly don’t think Jack is bad looking but he’s making himself ugly with that frosted hair and dark beard combo
I think the frosted hair is definitely to try and hide the balding or greying. At some point he's just going to have to give it up.

I'm really not one to mum shame but does she really need to leave Romy so soon? I'm assuming she's going down to Vieve HQ but surely a lot of what she needs to do could be done over teams etc.
True it could be done over teams but Romy also does have a dad who's perfectly fit to look after her while Jamie is gone for the day. Something like this wouldn't be said about Jack leaving her so soon if he was going off somewhere.

sophie1106

I can’t help but think that pretty soon we’ll see Jack in tweeds and plus fours, shooting pheasants etc. They really are getting VERY posh for a brickie and a make up artist.
Is it just me that thinks an unemployed man is unattractive

• Heart

Teawithnosugar

VIP Member
Is that group a real representation of the industry she works in though? I promise you it isn’t. If you are recruiting/casting/booking from just a pool of white girls under the age of 35 then fair, but that’s not the case here. There is plenty of diverse available talent in the UK - especially in the beauty/fashion industry. If the brands I work with can do it, then so can Vieve.
Do you not find it incredibly obvious when all brands nowadays make their ads with people of colour purely for the people moaning about diversity at any given chance? Realistically, in a predominantly white country, is the average family mixed race like you see on TV? If 5 out of 100 people in UK are black, isn't the photo above a realistic representation of the current demographic? Why does it always have to be about ticking the boxes to god forbid not offend anyone. Shouldn't it just be natural, in this case, the people working for Jamie, regardless of their skin colour? Who cares, honestly?

• Angry
  • Heart

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
She is very braggy now and unemployed Jack is off the scale braggy - and it's not just us saying it.

I think the fact he is unemployed and just acts so entitled is the most unattractive thing about him, plus hair plugs have always been ick

Reactions: 22

Heyarnold

What is the obsession with taking her clothes off? It’s beyond cringe. She’s got a successful make up brand that has potential to stick around, she should be grafting at that and concentrating on delivering excellent products and a genuine brand. Not constantly taking her kit off and reminding everyone how low level influencer she actually remains. It’s irritating af

* to be clear, she looks great and if you want to show your body off, you go ahead. Just stop trying to present as a serious business owner
Gives me the ick when she goes in like that. It's more like look at how thin I am after a baby.

Maybe back on her Malborough lights and grapefruit diet

• Haha

Ari-55

Romy is so gorgeous but they really shouldn’t be posting so many photos of her without clothes on. Too many creepy people online!
I agree. The bath picture is lovely as a mum but should NOT be posted publicly in my opinion. There’s not enough money / free stuff in the world that would make me share mother/baby intimate pictures like that with 1mil+ people.

sophie1106

Jamie always reminds me of that meme where you do one hour of work and reward yourself with a 3 hour bath, takeaway, week off from work and a holiday x

• Haha