James Bulger - sentencing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both two scumbags who should have been hung, I don't care what age they were. Nobody will change my mind on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I never fell for the excuses child psychologists made for them. As far as I'm concerned they were a pair of evil sadistic little bastards.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I would not want to live anywhere near either of them they should be in prison for life

Reactions: 16
Imagine being James’ mum and knowing that his last words were that he wanted his mum. Absolutely heartbreaking.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Interview with his mother Denise in 2018 where she says her son was sexually abused before his death.

She was pregnant with her other child, so didn't want to know the full details during the trial.

Unfortunately Denise is not always truthful. There was no evidence of a sexual assault.

If one the parents has said so I will believe them, until I see something that says otherwise.

Every single detail is not revealed to the public, it can not be discounted as a myth though.

Thompson and Venables had never been asked publicly about whether a sexual assault had taken place. But in his submission to the parole board, Thompson shared his answer.

“I am certain that I didn’t interfere with him sexually and I do not think that Jon Venables assaulted James Bulger in that way.”

He also claimed he didn’t take the child.

In his own words:
Detective: I believe i know the truth.
T: So do I, I was there.
Detective: That’s right
T: You weren’t . “
Detective: You’re correct ...

In that case I suggest you read up on James’s autopsy results which clearly state that there was no proof of a sexual assault. There was a small fracture to his pelvis and his foreskin was partially retracted. Both of these injuries could have been caused by the repeated kicking to his groin that Robert inflicted upon him.
Unfortunately both Ralph and Denise’s books are littered with untruths and inconsistencies. If you want to read a correct and truthful account of the murder then I suggest you read The Sleep of Reason by David James Smith.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just curious and don't want to offend, but what untruths and inconsistencies were there?

Reactions: 4
It's such a chilling case. Just thinking about it makes me feel so uneasy.

In some ways I think Venables and Thompson should remain locked up forever, whereas another part of me thinks they were children too and clearly had lots of issues. While Venables has reoffended, Thompson seems to have kept out of trouble and therefore is locking him up a valid use of resources? Especially if he's been rehabilitated.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's such a chilling case. Just thinking about it makes me feel so uneasy.

In some ways I think Venables and Thompson should remain locked up forever, whereas another part of me thinks they were children too and clearly had lots of issues. While Venables has reoffended, Thompson seems to have kept out of trouble and therefore is locking him up a valid use of resources? Especially if he's been rehabilitated.
Venables is a lost cause and will live his life in and out of prison but I'm pleased to hear Thompson has been rehabilitated. He lives happily with a partner apparently. Both boys had horrendous upbringings. One of them (I think it was Thompson) witnessed endless violence at home. He had lots of older brothers who would regularly beat him up. Not sibling fights. Beating the tit out of him and breaking bones. If you grow up with that. If that's all you know then violence is going to be normal to you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I did my uni dissertation on the minimum age of criminal responsibility and I actually interviewed the old chief exec of the youth justice board. It was super interesting to hear his opinion on it all. This case made up a huge chunk of my diss.

I believe that our rehabilitation system (or lack of) needs a serious overhaul. What those boys did was absolutely despicable but they were children. They needed help.

I do think Venables has had his chance now and needs locking up for good. He is a danger to society and I don't think he will ever change his ways anymore. However, maybe if he had some proper rehab at the time then there may have been a chance. The rehab place he was in... he went swimming every week, went out to the shops, his room was decorated in LFC things. It sounds like a child's idea of a fun holiday. He needed some hardcore rules and some therapy to sort out what he had gone through as a child (his upbringing was awful from what I know).

Our current minimal age of criminal responsibility is 10 years old. 10 is far too young to be tried in an adults court in my opinion. You may understand that murder is wrong at that age but you would not understand the criminal justice system and the jargon that is used, your rights as you stand trial and what the procedure would be. I think it needs to be raised to 13-15. Before that age, the focus should be on rehabilitation rather than stringent punishment.

I don't think I will ever forget this case. So heartbreaking.
I knew somebody who worked at the St Helens correction facility JV was at and was told he was treated as a mini celebrity there. He would never admit what he'd done, refused to talk to councillors and had terrible anger issues which were pandered to rather than dealt with. It was only when parole was on the horizon his attitude changed, but the 'home' didn't want to look like failures so a lot of his problems were overlooked or brushed over. He said he had a crafty aura about him and loved people knowing who he was.

You are right, Thompson was not allowed to hide his identity when he was in the home, so had to deal with it being known who he was right from the off. Venables had a new identity right away and so has always had to hide who he was.
They both had new identities immediately but their faces were known worldwide so there was no hiding who they were in the correctional facility.

You are right, Thompson was not allowed to hide his identity when he was in the home, so had to deal with it being known who he was right from the off. Venables had a new identity right away and so has always had to hide who he was.
They both had new identities immediately but their faces were known worldwide so there was no hiding who they were in the correctional facility.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I don't believe Robert Thompson did have a new identity in the home. The letters he wrote to the Leon arsonist boy were always signed by his name, or some version of it like Bob, Bobby or Bertie. All the kids in there seemed to know who he was.

It's crazy to think he could be anyone.

Reactions: 1
These types of TikToks were incredibly bizarre and weird. God knows why anyone would make them, especially using a young dead child’s image
They came up on my FYP a few times and I reported them, so disturbing to use their images like this. I watched one of a little girl the first time it came up and even the way they’d told the story was so crude and lacking of any emotion.

Reactions: 3
WHY is the parole board desperate to release peedophiles and murderers?
reviewed every 3 years? Private hearings?
WHO are these peedophile and murderer sympathisers? How dare they release these monsters on innocent citizens, most likely far away from where these parole board members live :mad: whole lot of them need jail time like the criminals they coset.

Reactions: 11
WHY is the parole board desperate to release peedophiles and murderers?
reviewed every 3 years? Private hearings?
WHO are these peedophile and murderer sympathisers? How dare they release these monsters on innocent citizens, most likely far away from where these parole board members live :mad: whole lot of them need jail time like the criminals they coset.
Yeah, I heard it yesterday, and just thought to myself, what on earth is actually going on here, why is he always afforded so much protection? Is it a social experiment or what? This country is nuts. Do they want him to kill more children, if he hasn't already? Because that's what it seems like.

• Sad
Are there any information about the boys background? I’m quite interested in knowing -about their upbringing.
Robert Thompson‘s mum layed on her back the dirty prostitute,cum bucket slut his dad worked away in London would come home very infrequently but when he did come home he like to go on the ale Robert had 7 brothers
John Venables, Mum alcoholic
struggling to cope with John and two sisters who were special-needs and John John Venables dad was very much a part-time dad. He held down a full-time job when John stayed at his dad house on the weekends his dad would let him watch video nasties
---
These people who say they were just 10-year-old children they were not your average 10-year-old children. They were obviously very streetwise growing up in Walton Liverpool in the early 90s. It doesn’t get much rougher by the way. I’m also from Liverpool. They were both fundamentally evil and wired differently from the average child. They definitely did know right from wrong my three-year olds know the Basics of right and wrong
They were both evil rotten to the core individually, but together, they were a little combination of evil

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Robert Thompson‘s mum layed on her back the dirty prostitute,cum bucket slut his dad worked away in London would come home very infrequently but when he did come home he like to go on the ale Robert had 7 brothers
struggling to cope with John and two sisters who were special-needs and John John Venables dad was very much a part-time dad. He held down a full-time job when John stayed at his dad house on the weekends his dad would let him watch video nasties
---
These people who say they were just 10-year-old children they were not your average 10-year-old children. They were obviously very streetwise growing up in Walton Liverpool in the early 90s. It doesn’t get much rougher by the way. I’m also from Liverpool. They were both fundamentally evil and wired differently from the average child. They definitely did know right from wrong my three-year olds know the Basics of right and wrong
They were both evil rotten to the core individually, but together, they were a little combination of evil
👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 trying to clap louder!!!!!

---
What a vile way to talk about Robert Thompson’s mum. Grim.

• Heart
Reactions: 17