James Bulger - sentencing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt she was doing sex work because she enjoyed it, sounds like she had no other way to make ends meet.

Reactions: 10
Absolutely stunned there are people defending a child killers mother on James buglers page… absolutely bleeping stunned…. Who gives a duck about the mother of a boy that tortured a 2 year old to death get a bleeping grip

Reactions: 8
you must’ve misunderstood, because no one is defending anyone. Simply pulling up the misogynistic and vile language. I’m perfectly capable of telling someone they’re being a misogynist, when needed, I don’t need your faux outrage

Reactions: 15
Absolutely stunned there are people defending a child killers mother on James buglers page… absolutely bleeping stunned…. Who gives a duck about the mother of a boy that tortured a 2 year old to death get a bleeping grip
Absolutely stunned that you can't get his name right

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Absolutely stunned that you can't get his name right
It’s autocorrect hun.
All I can presume and hope is that you’re not scousers
---
you must’ve misunderstood, because no one is defending anyone. Simply pulling up the misogynistic and vile language. I’m perfectly capable of telling someone they’re being a misogynist, when needed, I don’t need your faux outrage
Faux outrage, oh please

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I am Scouser we tell it how it is like it or lump it
That’s how we are as people and this topic provokes both angery and heated feelings 30 years on within the city of Liverpool and one of the Cities most darkest shameful days
So forgive me but be understanding that I’m not exactly holding Mrs Thompson in the highest of regards she gave birth to a child killer and dragged him up in the proces.
One of Britain’s worst and youngest child killers may I add. she would often go off on benders and conduct, her sex work, in the crown street area of toxteth then locally known has the red light district she didn’t do it to make ends meet. She done for her smack addiction all her choices she chose to inject heroin into her veins.
Meanwhile, she left her seven sons to fight together and literally hospitalise each other so as you can see she is
Hardly a blemish, free character, so it’s pretty much hard to highlight her positives.

I hope that was a little more respectful for the sensitive

Reactions: 7
I think its quite strange that during the trial it seemed to be portrayed that Robert Thomson was the main culprit and Jon Venables was a poor wee lost soul who'd made friends with the wrong person. I remember the discussions about RT's background being tough but JV's background seemed to have been described as supportive working class.

Fast forward 30yrs and RT seems to have been rehabilitated and living a crime free life. In contrast JV has been in and out of jail for henious crimes. And now it seems that JV was the driving force behind the attack.

To be honest, I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

One thing is certain for me - JV needs to remain locked up permanently.Peodos don't change.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty, apart from child abuse. No hope for people who abuse kids. Better to put them out their misery and keep children safe.

Reactions: 11
I think its quite strange that during the trial it seemed to be portrayed that Robert Thomson was the main culprit and Jon Venables was a poor wee lost soul who'd made friends with the wrong person. I remember the discussions about RT's background being tough but JV's background seemed to have been described as supportive working class.

Fast forward 30yrs and RT seems to have been rehabilitated and living a crime free life. In contrast JV has been in and out of jail for henious crimes. And now it seems that JV was the driving force behind the attack.

To be honest, I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

One thing is certain for me - JV needs to remain locked up permanently.Peodos don't change.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty, apart from child abuse. No hope for people who abuse kids. Better to put them out their misery and keep children safe.
I completely understand what you’re saying, but Just because Robert Thompson hasn’t reoffended doesn’t mean he wasn’t the ringleader at the time .

Reactions: 4
I completely understand what you’re saying, but Just because Robert Thompson hasn’t reoffended doesn’t mean he wasn’t the ringleader at the time .
Absolutely. I sometimes wonder if, as described by his legal counsel, he was the 'harder' one, showing less empathy etc, that he was also the one able to move past it all and get on with his own life whereas JV is clearly messed up forever. What a tragic combination they were.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely. I sometimes wonder if, as described by his legal counsel, he was the 'harder' one, showing less empathy etc, that he was also the one able to move past it all and get on with his own life whereas JV is clearly messed up forever. What a tragic combination they were.
This in a nutshell really. I always thought Thompson was the ringleader and still do. I also think he has very little conscience - remember the comment "if I wanted to kill a kid, I'd kill my own" (his baby brother) or something along those lines, which is incredibly sinister for a ten year old - and is why he's apparently been able to move on with ease, whereas I believe it affected Venables very deeply - remember, he was the only one to say sorry and also continued to have nightmares about James coming back to life if I recall correctly.

By the way, I'm not excusing him at all, what he did and obviously his continuing 'problems' but I believe what happened, what he took part in, what he witnessed and the whole fall out left a trauma that will never be healed in him. Like you say, he's messed up forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6