Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Finster

Thanks James for giving advice on ripping. I suppose being a massive fanny makes you an expert

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

Macyny

Ughhh just watching the new vlog, not even 5 mins in and James is winding me up. ‘Our’ announcement, ‘we’ve done a collection’ etc.... James mate you’ve not done a thing...you are living off your wife’s money and name stop acting like you’re the breadwinner and the big man provider

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
Just a quick question, I've never had a baby so pls excuse me if this is a dumb question - but if they were to have a home birth, would they have to call the midwife up to say they're giving birth or would it be the hospital and they send someone out?? Like what if its 2am, would their midwife have to be on call and go see them?
I'm guessing when u give birth in a hospital they have all the staff there who is needed but obvs if they're planning a home birth she could have her waters break at any moment, so I'm just curious as to what they would do then😅
Hey, I’m a midwife. Each trust is slightly different but usually every pregnant woman is assigned a ‘community midwife’ (the community midwife will usually be part of a wider team) who they see throughout their pregnancy (if women are deemed high risk they see their community midwife and a consultant occasionally). If women are low risk and wishing a home birth, the community midwifery team she is part of will go ‘on call’ for her at 37/38 weeks (so there will be an ‘on call’ rota with each midwife in the team assigned to different days - there will be 1st attending midwife and 2nd attending midwife for each day/night shift). Before 37/38 weeks the community midwife will drop off basically a ‘homebirth kit’ and that is stored in the house until birth. This contains everything they may need, including gas and air tanks, neonatal resuscitation etc - if the woman is wishing a pool birth she would usually purchase the pool and accessories herself, it is also the woman and her birth partners responsibility to tend to the pool in terms of filling it, emptying it, deflating it after the birth etc (usually the birth partner does this as the woman is obviously giving/just given birth). When the woman goes into Labour she contacts the ‘on call’ midwife and lets her know she may be in labour. The midwife will ask questions and determine home far progressed she thinks the woman is, if at that point she thinks she’s in early labour the midwife will usually give instructions such as, take a walk, have a bath, take some paracetamol, call back in 4 hours or earlier if contractions become more frequent (good contractions are usually 4 (lasting 50-60+ seconds) in 10 mins. If when the woman calls the midwife feels she is already into established labour she will make the decision to go to the house to assess the woman in person. A community midwife can sometimes go to the house to assess the woman and decide its still early labour (or perhaps labour stopped) and then leave again and return when labour has fully established. Once labour has established the midwife will be there and keep assessing the woman, when the midwife feels the woman is progressing and nearly at active labour (pushing part) the midwife will call for a second midwife (2 midwives should be present at the actual birth (this is the same for hospital and birth units) because there are now two patients who many need assistance - ie, one midwife would not be able to do neonatal resuscitation (if necessary) and also treat a postpartum haemorrhage on the woman, at the same time, so we need two midwives). That’s what would happen in an ideal world. Sometimes women call the on call midwife and she may already be too far progressed at which point the midwife may deem it safer to call an ambulance (for instance out in rural places where it may take the midwife 20/30/40+ minutes to get to the woman’s house - ambulances are obviously permitted to travel faster so it would be safer for them to attend although the community midwife would still probably try and get to the house). There also maybe instances where the community midwife shows up and the woman is unexpectedly pushing already at which point she’d have to quickly call her second midwife to attend. It’s always a case of assessing the situation and making a care plan based of findings but these findings can change in the blink of an eye so we always gotta be prepared 🤪. We can never really have a ‘one size fits all’ plan because it’s different every time. If at any point the midwife or midwives attending feel there is a cause of concern ie an emergency or preempt an emergency they will call 999 and the woman will be taken to hospital.

If a woman wishing a home birth goes into labour before 37 weeks she should call her maternity hospital as it would not be safe to do a home birth. This is because under 37 weeks is not classed as ‘full term’ so babies born before this gestation may not be as developed and that may cause problems when they are born and they may need extra assistance and intervention therefore hospital birth is safest. If a home birth is planned and doesn’t go ahead we just collect the ‘home birth kit’ again.

Some areas have dedicated home birth teams so the women will call them but the process is usually the same.

If a woman is wishing a birth unit or hospital birth she will just call which ever unit she is giving birth it. Again they will assess the situation over the phone and if they think the woman is in established labour they will ask her to attend for further assessment. Some women just show up in established labour as they didn’t have time to call.

I am just realising how long that was haha I’M SO SORRY GUYS 😭😭

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Gellymaccy

I’m actually concerned - he seems so controlling ! Sorry but their (I mean her) birth plan “ask James before asking me when it comes to decisions” is she a child ?! I’m convinced he’s brain washed her into thinking she is completely incapable of doing anything without him or making any decisions. She talks down to herself too. There is lots of warning signs and red flags I can see in this relationship. I think it all stems from James not liking that Carys is so successful in her own right and he has achieved nothing and when she was super into fitness everyone said he was punching

• Angry
Reactions: 44
Correct me if I’m wrong but if you are induced you cannot have a home birth as you have to stay at the hospital. She wants to hope her blood pressure doesn’t get any higher or they will make her stay in hospital and James will only be allowed in for an hour a day! I really think it would do her good though.

I imagine the decision re home birth has been made on the basis that due to covid James can’t be with her for every moment if she goes to hospital.

I just can’t believe someone as anxious as Carys would have a home birth but in her head the thought of being without him in hospital for a short while must be more scary than the thought of a home birth.

I haven’t watched the video but I think the midwives will be very unimpressed with James being the decision maker. In my antenatal classes they actually gave an example of a husband who had tried to stop his wife having an epidural and they actually had to have a word with him.
I’ve come across some blunt midwives in my time with work and they wouldn’t be afraid to tell him to pipe down as the baby isn’t coming from his vagina and I really hope that they do get midwives like that 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Brodie

They’re only revealing the baby’s name before she’s born, so they can get gifted loads of personalised stuff with her name on. I see right through that 😂

Reactions: 42

faycooper89

So bored & thought I’d try to come up with a new title thread 😂

The most house update vlogs you’ve ever seen on earth, don’t you know James is the one giving birth?

Toddler face James is such a sleeze, don’t you know Carys, birth is a breeze.

Carys is on insta worrying about her stool, where is James? Oh, in his birth pool.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Hbirdette

VIP Member
A playroom?! Did anyone else just have to play in their bedroom when they grew up? Or maybe even the lounge?

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Notinstafamous

VIP Member
We aren’t forgetting that Carys and James are pregnant right? Naturally people are going to talk about their births and try to compare..I know this is a gossip thread but if you want goss and hate the birth stories, maybe start talking about goss then? So we can have a conversation. If you don’t want to read simply scroll through. That’s usually what I do if something uninterests me.
Hummm. Don’t agree, I come on to read about them not random peoples birth stories. No offence couldn’t interest me in the slightest. I’m happy for the thread to be quiet until something interesting happened 🙈 I mean I have 2 kids and I don’t feel the need to comment about my births on here.

Reactions: 41

Imonlyme

Chatty Member
That's true they probably can't do much. But when it's one on one the midwife may question further to see what she says
Yeah, true. When I was 5 months pregnant with my second baby, I was rushed into hospital due to extremely low iron. Actually thought I was dying. Once I had been assessed and moved to a ward my boyfriend at the time had to leave. I was only in that ward for around 30 minutes when a midwife approached me and pulled the curtain around for some privacy.

She asked some questions about my condition and within moments, indicated that she knew I was in an abusive relationship. They know their stuff and see the signs well, cause at that point I had never let on or told anyone that my partner was physically and mentally abusing me, but she spotted it right away and gave me some advice. It was the same after I gave birth. Another midwife slipped me a pamphlet about domestic abuse. I never had marks on my body for them to see, but somehow they just knew what was going on.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

Noseygall

I need to rant! I actually love Carys but I ordered a pink YAE Jumper in December and I got sent a black one (which is great actually but obviously not what I ordered). Then last week I FINALLY received my pink one, but noticed it had blue biro on it. I complained and they sent me a new pink one that arrived the next day (great customer service to be fair) but upon unpacking it I noticed that also did! How shit is that? £35 for a jumper where I was originally sent the incorrect one and then 2 months later got the correct one that was covered in blue biro, to then be sent another which is also covered in biro! Great quality checking 👍🏻

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39