Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wophie

VIP Member
Her math ain’t mathing
This is going to rub some people the wrong way, but I really hate the naivety that the 20 week scan is exciting. It's called an anomaly scan for a reason - you could come away with really hard news about your baby and decisions to be made about the pregnancy

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73

Winging-it!

I know I'm definitely in the minority and I'm probably going to get a lot of stick for this but we give our 19 month old whole grapes when we're there, literally watching her like a hawk. I have a friend who is a pediatric nutritionist and she says it's important to teach your kids to learn how to eat choking hazards in case they're offered something or find something when you're not around. My daughter knows that she has to take little bites out of a grape and she eats it like that and loves pulling them off the vine but if I had to give her grapes in a lunch box, I'd definitely cut them up. Saying that, I can't imagine Carys has taught Amber to take little bites or anything like that because we all know she just leaves her to it 90% of the time.
I would agree with you for other foods traditionally known as a choke hazard such as nuts and popcorn which I allow my children to carefully eat with supervision, not with grapes though, nor would I with frankfurter sausages and I will explain in a calm way why. There is a misconception that if your child chokes you will just be able to do back slaps or Heimlich maneuver and all will be well. This is actually very naive, you can't always get it out in time especially as the child panics and the windpipe constricts. Grapes and frankfurter sausages need cutting because they are the perfect size to completely block the windpipe and cause a seal. Others just get stuck and are easy to dislodge. I know this first hand. Ive dealt with 3 true choke cases in my lifetime (silent, going red to blue). First was a segment of satsuma, second was a bit of scrambled egg. Both were easily removed with back slaps. I have also dealt with a grape incident where I became involved on a food court of a shopping mall. The mum had been watching her eat, she wasn't unsupervised. She still choked. Her mum was trying to follow first aid (ineffectively) as she didn't really know what she was doing (most people don't as the reality is not what you think from an afternoon of training and a rubber doll). I honestly thought I was going to lose that child as every time it budged it just resealed due to the shape and the child's windpipe constricting. I cracked that child's ribs doing the manoeuvres correctly in a life saving situation. Thank God I did though as the first responders said she would have died If I hadn't intervened. I have every confidence that Carys is making her choices like you because her parents who are GPs have said similar. I would point out though that as GPs/hospital doctors/nutritionists are not the best people to take advice from in this case because they don't see the upshot. True choking isn't dealt with by them. It's dealt with by parents, first aiders and if your lucky first responders. It kills in minutes. At best in the case of grapes becoming stuck you are probably going to severely hurt your child to get it out. The risk Vs benefit for me isn't worth it imo. Ask your friend if she's ever saved a child choking on a grape and revise accordingly, I'd bet she hasn't. It's unlikely to happen to you, but it can.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

Winging-it!

"So I'm not concerned" about cutting up grapes 🤦‍♂️

It takes literal seconds ffs
I'm sorry but this has actually really triggered me. Stop being a brat Carys and grow up. Have you seen a child choking on a grape Carys because I have. I've seen a child go silent and blue with spittle running down her mouth because her idiot of a mother thought it couldn't possible happen to her little cherub. It's basically the leading choking hazard in children FFS. Luckily I am paediatric first aid trained so I was able to rush over and give help as soon as we realised what was going on. People know the theory but they don't realise the precision or the strength needed to actually be a force to remove the blockage. All her mother kept saying was I didn't know over and over. Carys choking isn't a bit going down the wrong way and your child retching. It's a complete blockage of the windpipe which is exactly the same size as a grape. Your stupidity could kill your daughter and you would have the live the rest of your life with the responsibility of knowing that it was solely your fault and even strangers on the internet tried to warn you but you were to contrary and pathetic to listen.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

littlepup

VIP Member
This is going to rub some people the wrong way, but I really hate the naivety that the 20 week scan is exciting. It's called an anomaly scan for a reason - you could come away with really hard news about your baby and decisions to be made about the pregnancy
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a hill I’m willing to die on, my pet hate. Scans aren’t ‘a chance to meet baby’, ‘eeek, get photos for the reveal’ or even ‘who does the scan most look like’ (Elle Darby) They are there as a diagnostic tool and can bring life changing and devastating news.

Fot someone who claims Anxiety over the most mundane things it constantly surprises me how Carys approaches pregnancy with such confidence in a healthy outcome

• Heart
Reactions: 47

GimmieSauceage

VIP Member
She never put the burger emoji over it before she was pregnant though 🙄🙄

Honestly at her age mashing some potato, boiling veg and baking salmon should not be hard, nor should it be for even some of her younger teen followers.

This woman has been a mother now for one and half years. This is fucking shocking that this is what she considers getting more into cooking lately.

View attachment 1667937
So many “influencers” act so behind in life and immature a weird child like personality the majority of them and honestly getting them out in the REAL world would do them a whole lot of good! It’s not cute acting like an incapable child as a grown adult.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Wophie

VIP Member
I knew she'd address that comment eventually!! I think part of her problem is she plans her content like a job, but creates the content like it's a hobby, so she spends hours and hours trying to build suspense and make these "projects", but when she gets constructive feedback about why the content is flopping she basically says she isn't willing to change it because they're happy doing the content they do. But in any other job, if a work stream wasn't making you as much profit as before, you'd have to reevaluate and make a plan to improve it. It's like she can't decide if it's work or her hobby, but she'll get a huge shock if her social media presence does go down the drain totally and she has to get a real job!
She could go back to school for a year and learn how to construct a grammatically correct, easy to read sentence. That would be good content.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
James must feel like he got absolutely hoodwinked with Carys! She used to be absolute fire, like, head turning if she walked down the street type fire! James must have felt like the cat that got the cream back then.

In only a few short years she’s turned into a lazy, lardy, moany lump that treats her body, inside and out, like complete garbage.

Reactions: 43

janesherlock

Chatty Member
I knew she'd address that comment eventually!! I think part of her problem is she plans her content like a job, but creates the content like it's a hobby, so she spends hours and hours trying to build suspense and make these "projects", but when she gets constructive feedback about why the content is flopping she basically says she isn't willing to change it because they're happy doing the content they do. But in any other job, if a work stream wasn't making you as much profit as before, you'd have to reevaluate and make a plan to improve it. It's like she can't decide if it's work or her hobby, but she'll get a huge shock if her social media presence does go down the drain totally and she has to get a real job!
I read her stories and just thought ‘fuck off’. She is too far up her own arse to see people are fed up with her same old rubbish and are actually losing interest but instead of reevaluating she makes it out to be hate. I hope her support flops even more and they can’t afford their lifestyle anymore. I’m not normally spiteful like that but when it comes to Carys she is making me that way!

Reactions: 41

samalambbxtch

Chatty Member
Firstly she shouldn’t be lying flat if shes pregnant but also isn’t her sofa an L shaped sofa anyway so are could lie down on that bit? Seems unnecessarily lazy to have a double bed with duvet in your living room 🙄
Already in agony with her hips😴 god help her with the other half of this pregnancy and god help us listening to it. How does she think women who actually work manage? Or have to sit at an office desk all day. Why would you set up a double bed in your living room just get in bed on an evening if it’s that bad she’s soo lazy !

RachieBoo

Oh, dear, oh dear, oh dear. I thought they couldn't ever be more boring than they usually are, but no,🥱,the last vlog was undescribably boring as hell. They out did themselves! Who the fuck do they think they are fooling with their incessant , bland and pointless content they regurgitate on every single boring sucks asshole vlogs. 😴

Obligatory expectations are below at this point.
Car ride, points to red eye blotch, or lack there of, James gurning and his girly giggle🤡 that will immediately dry up every woman's vagina that hears it, shopping trip, turd and puke coloured outfits poked and prodded, Costa coffee and indulgences in coffee shops, reveal outfits the other one bought,😴😴 flash your gunt to the camera at every possibility, Amber toddling about being a typical toddler, wearing toddler clothes, 🥺🥺looking like a typical toddler, toddling around just like a toddler, wearing toddler shoes, baby girl is getting bigger every week, baby girl is baby girl 2 so we know soo much more about this baby girl 👩‍🦲than last baby girl check,check,check! Someone make this rambling pair of arseholes aware of just how lazy, boring and stupid they look.

Remember when they said they took a break for a month to update their content and come back with exciting new stuff......................yeah, about that..........CRINGE!!!!

• Haha

prancingpony25

Wasn't she saying she hasn't been wearing make up to avoid eczema flare ups? How has Amber ended up with the make up in her hands then? If she keeps it on the floor when she's not using it then she shouldn't be surprised it ended up on the carpet.

Also this comment under her new video is spot on. And of course there's already replies defending Carys.
carys.jpg

Reactions: 40