Jameela Jamil #3 Bees, cancer, saying I'm queer; all to enhance and extend my career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. Being asian doesn't give you an insight into being black.

2. Being white doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on what happened.

3. Scientology - Will and Jada's school they set up was run along Scientology lines. They deny being Scientologists but Leah Remini saw Jada at Scientology events. There was a thread on Twitter about how higher level Scientologists are trained to react to people who disrespect them - and how they see anyone who is not a scientologist as 'fair game'. It's fine to hurt, prosecute, damage and harass anyone who annoys you if they aren't a Scientologist.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Her take on trans matters…just ughhhhh. Why does she think it’s ok to medicalise kids 😩😩😩 I just don’t understand what is wrong with some people. YES Jameela it is a bloody well social contagion when you see numbers of teenagers wanting to transition go through the roof. Of course it’s being sold as trendy on tiktok and insta. Of course it’s appealing to kids on the autistic spectrum. It’s not transphobic to ask questions about why there is a rise in kids wanting to transition. You have to question, why so many kids and not say, women over 30? Doesn’t take a genius. It’s not a thing older women tend to do. Middle age/much older men? Yes there’s a rise because of AGP! Open your eyes Jameela 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Will there ever be a moment where she won’t put her 2 pence in? She’s a nobody! She’s obsessed with mentioning tahani when people only watched the good place for Kristen bell let’s be honest 😂 she’s a tit presenter, tit actress, and makes out it’s because we’re programmed to dislike her by the media. No babes, we hate you because you’re an annoying prick 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Her take on trans matters…just ughhhhh. Why does she think it’s ok to medicalise kids 😩😩😩 I just don’t understand what is wrong with some people. YES Jameela it is a bloody well social contagion when you see numbers of teenagers wanting to transition go through the roof. Of course it’s being sold as trendy on tiktok and insta. Of course it’s appealing to kids on the autistic spectrum. It’s not transphobic to ask questions about why there is a rise in kids wanting to transition. You have to question, why so many kids and not say, women over 30? Doesn’t take a genius. It’s not a thing older women tend to do. Middle age/much older men? Yes there’s a rise because of AGP! Open your eyes Jameela 😣
Lol…no. Sorry but so much wrong with this.

you need to rethink hard if you think things like being trans and autistic are trendy and appealing. people literally kill kids and adults for being these things.

• Haha
  • Heart

you need to rethink hard if you think things like being trans and autistic are trendy and appealing. people literally kill kids and adults for being these things.
We’ll have to agree to disagree about this subject. I’m reading books, listening to podcasts about it and I have eyes and ears and I see what’s going on. Thanks for your unhelpful comment though.

Also, I actually agree with Jameela on a few subjects and I do find her funny and (reluctantly) I think she did well on the good place esp considering she had not acted before. But I don’t agree with her stance on trans issues and the way she gets involved and thinks she’s an authority on every subject on earth. She’s got some talents I’ll give her that but she is not an authority on the things she prattles on about.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Between 2008-2017 nine trans people were murdered in the UK, all of whom were born male. (By contrast, the number of murders committed by transgender people between 2008 and 2017 was 12.) For context, the number of women killed by men during the same period was 1800.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
I thought it was alright in the beginning worth watching but it didn’t half bleeping drag on 😂 it was very repetitive. No one watched it for her either 🤣
Yeah, totally agree. I did like it but it went on. I didn’t watch it for JJ but she was alright i thought. I was more fascinated by Kristen Bell’s behaviour towards her. Even in character you can tell she dislikes Jameela intensely. It’s so telling they don’t follow each other on insta and whenever JJ talks about the good place she only mentions Ted Danson and Manny Jacinto. I feel like she’s one of those women who is a ‘one of the lads’ and is just desperate for approval from men. Internalised misogyny. Which is probably why she is so intent on brainwashing everyone that TWAW. Because of course men are whatever they say they are!

And that concludes my TED talk on Jameela Jamil 🤪

Reactions: 13
I enjoyed the good place. Kristen Bell was refreshingly trashy. Manny Jacinto, stood out who has the best face - he can be stunningly cool to incredibly goofy in an instant. William Jackson Harper was really good. Maya Rudolph was a highlight and also the wonderful Marc Evan Jackson as Shawn the demon. JJ played an exaggeration of herself and I don’t think the others did like her. I liked how it was a really racially diverse cast, but that wasn’t the point of anything, just how it was. It has some good philosophy ideas woven in.
However i rewatched it recently and skipped a good part of the second and third seasons. The first and the last were the best, and they dragged out the ending too much.

Reactions: 7
Between 2008-2017 nine trans people were murdered in the UK, all of whom were born male. (By contrast, the number of murders committed by transgender people between 2008 and 2017 was 12.) For context, the number of women killed by men during the same period was 1800.
So what im reading is: you agree trans people are murdered and abused for being who they are;

an unrelated comment on how many trans ppl have murdered someone between 2008-2017;

and another random fact about how many women were killed by men in 1800?

Reactions: 1
So what im reading is: you agree trans people are murdered and abused for being who they are;

an unrelated comment on how many trans ppl have murdered someone between 2008-2017;

No. 1800 is the number of women who were murdered in the same timeframe that 9 trans identified people were murdered (in the UK).

• Heart
Reactions: 42

I'm not sure your reading comprehension is great. What they are saying is that trans people are an incredibly safe demographic, and are more likely to murder, than to be murdered.

In the first sentence, which was about how many trans people have been murdered, there was no comment on why they were murdered, so I'm not sure how you can claim it is because of them 'being who they are' .

Brilliant use of hyperbole though. Much like Jameela.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

They are mainly murdered for what they do, not who they are. Prostitution is usually the common denominator. Prostitution is sadly a life path with risks, as the female victims of the Suffolk strangler, the Yorkshire Ripper, the crossbow killer etc. demonstrate.

• Heart

1800 was the figure, not the year.

Edit: And speaking of random and unrelated facts and comments, the comment said that 9 trans people were murdered, not murdered because they were trans. I don’t think the poster you replied to would agree with you at all on any of what you said, actually.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.