Jade Goody

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without sounding sanctimonious I think it’s best to not talk about someone who isn’t with us anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Without sounding sanctimonious I think it’s best to not talk about someone who isn’t with us anymore
I get the "don't speak ill of the dead" sentiment, but there are plenty of threads discussing dead celebs. The Peaches Geldof thread is mainly a Yates and Hutch discussion.

I didn't like Jade Goody when alive and that didn't change when she got ill and when she died. Was tragic for her family and friends.

Reactions: 18
She is a prime example of someone who became famous for all the wrong reasons, and doesn't need to be famous at all anymore.

Reactions: 16
The proposed statue in Bermondsey never materialised, neither did the charity in her name.

Reactions: 2
I'm guessing that no member of her family or immediate friend circle was really willing or able to drive the proposed legacy projects forward. It still surprises me how quickly it died down though. I remember seeing a commemorative book in Asda about her not long after she passed.

Just saw some posts on IG about her 14th anniversary hence reminded of her.

Reactions: 2
I've always stayed on top of smear tests because of what happened to jade when i was in my late teens. Got abnormal cells detected anyway a couple of years back and immediately had them dealt with. It's an awful legacy but i do think she raised awareness of cervical cancers through her last days.

Reactions: 13
I remember the fuss around Jade while she was in the BB house, and I thought she was horrible. The fact that people were tuning into a tv show just to watch in fascination because someone was so horrible was a very new idea at the time, even though it's a staple of entertainment now. I just found it appalling that someone became famous for being a nasty piece of work.

I think what she did to Shilpa Shetty was dreadful and showed her true colours. But I actually don't think it was racism, like people said - I think Jade (and Jade's mum, Jo from S Club and whoever that former beauty queen was) disliked Shilpa because she was beautiful and dignified. The kind of people who say things like "I'm real, what you see is what you get, that's just me for you," see politness and dignity as being fake. The more Shilpa behaved with decorum, the more they thought "Who does she think she is?"

That said, obviously the way she died was horrendous. Being taken young by cancer is the stuff of nightmares. There is a good documentary about her on the Channel 4 website, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Reactions: 19
She was a moron who got her tits out on Big Brother, got ill and died.

Because of her age and 'fame' and her illness, she helped many young women get tested and no doubt is partly responsible for saving many lives.

She was still a moron.

Reactions: 9
I remember the fuss around Jade while she was in the BB house, and I thought she was horrible. The fact that people were tuning into a tv show just to watch in fascination because someone was so horrible was a very new idea at the time, even though it's a staple of entertainment now. I just found it appalling that someone became famous for being a nasty piece of work.

I think what she did to Shilpa Shetty was dreadful and showed her true colours. But I actually don't think it was racism, like people said - I think Jade (and Jade's mum, Jo from S Club and whoever that former beauty queen was) disliked Shilpa because she was beautiful and dignified. The kind of people who say things like "I'm real, what you see is what you get, that's just me for you," see politness and dignity as being fake. The more Shilpa behaved with decorum, the more they thought "Who does she think she is?"

That said, obviously the way she died was horrendous. Being taken young by cancer is the stuff of nightmares. There is a good documentary about her on the Channel 4 website, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
I agree, I don't think it was racism, the Goody family were just nasty and had no respect for anyone

Reactions: 8
I always remember the BB bit when Jack the prat was in bed with Jade he said whispering‘she is just a Paki ‘re Shilpa,Danielle Lloyd was vile really vile,TS who was going out with her finished straight away with her.I remember the bit when Shilpa was having a shower the three of them or two of them hid towels.I have never seen such vileness.I despised them always have.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I always remember the BB bit when Jack the prat was in bed with Jade he said whispering‘she is just a Paki ‘re Shilpa,Danielle Lloyd was vile really vile,TS who was going out with her finished straight away with her.I remember the bit when Shilpa was having a shower the three of them or two of them hid towels.I have never seen such vileness.I despised them always have.
They were vile
---
Jade was of a mixed race heritage herself but I suppose she was too thick to realise that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think bb did her dirty televising the bullying. They should have dealt with it off camera. What she did was terrible, ganged up on one person, turned people against Shilpa. But by televising it, she was destroyed.

Reactions: 3
Oh god, I totally detested all the hoo ha around Jade’s death and funeral. I thought she was a nasty piece of work, and thought it ridiculous that she was elevated to sainthood and ‘being dense’ was something to be celebrated, the ‘east angular’ and ‘minging’ wreaths…chavs lining the streets with ‘rip jade’ in biro on their faces, the wall to wall coverage in mags and tv, her awful family, the bloody proposals for a statue/musical/rename Mother’s Day to ‘Jade Day, Max bleeping Clifford….
It’s sad that a young woman died and left two sons, but that’s it. Nowadays, her behaviour on CBB would’ve resulted in immediate cancellation. And I include Lloyd and O’Meara too, who to be fair, haven’t really had a decent career subsequently. Thank goodness we don’t hear about Jack Tweed or her ghastly ‘mother’ Jackeiyyyy (or however she insisted on spelling it)

Reactions: 13
Oh god, I totally detested all the hoo ha around Jade’s death and funeral. I thought she was a nasty piece of work, and thought it ridiculous that she was elevated to sainthood and ‘being dense’ was something to be celebrated, the ‘east angular’ and ‘minging’ wreaths…chavs lining the streets with ‘rip jade’ in biro on their faces, the wall to wall coverage in mags and tv, her awful family, the bloody proposals for a statue/musical/rename Mother’s Day to ‘Jade Day, Max bleeping Clifford….
It’s sad that a young woman died and left two sons, but that’s it. Nowadays, her behaviour on CBB would’ve resulted in immediate cancellation. And I include Lloyd and O’Meara too, who to be fair, haven’t really had a decent career subsequently. Thank goodness we don’t hear about Jack Tweed or her ghastly ‘mother’ Jackeiyyyy (or however she insisted on spelling it)
Yes,funeral not far from me,lotsof peeps watching the ‘procession’ it sickened me..Yes sad she was young,but I detested her.That also prat of hers nasty bastard,hevwas,thank duck we hardly hear of him now.

Reactions: 5
I think bb did her dirty televising the bullying. They should have dealt with it off camera. What she did was terrible, ganged up on one person, turned people against Shilpa. But by televising it, she was destroyed.
That was the whole point they wanted "good" television they didn't give 2hoots about Jade or Shilpa. I think Jo and Danielle were worse as they were stirring it behind the scenes providing Jade with ammunition and letting her fire the gun. But of course she was too thick yet again to see it.
---
Yes it was a chav fest the press turned it into a pound shop chav version of Diana 's funeral.

Reactions: 8

She was awful to Rik Waller on Back to Reality as well.

Reactions: 4