Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Italy2

Chatty Member
I can't stand this guy. He is not funny. I repeat he is not funny. Just a pretty little rich boy living off mummy and daddy. Most of his jokes are based on his privilege and how his rich life is so hilarious.

Reactions: 15

jhuyed

I worked at the Edinburgh fringe 2 years ago and me and many of my friends served him in bars. He was absolutely horrible to serve, threw his card down on the counter then ignored me when I told him he had to use chip and pin, had a complete attitude and definitely thought he was above everyone despite the fact that there were 100s of far better acts around. One of my friends is a bouncer and found coke on him and his friends and he threw a fit that they wouldn't let him in using the classic "do you know who I am" line

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Eirawen

VIP Member
Jack Whitehall is as funny as AIDS. He inexplicably broke onto the scene after no fucker had heard of him, a little like Joel Dommett. I'd rather watch dogs being eaten than watch Jack Whitehall attempt standup.

He's another shoo-in through having links to the industry through family (dad), and I can guarantee you that I have never once heard him say anything funny.

I have, however, heard him say things in a 6th form wanker kind of way, which is obviously his schtick.

An utterly odious little twat.
I think his humour is very 14 year old wanker in the class

Reactions: 11

MizA

My issue with him is comedy is an artform, I don't think he's got any respect for it. He chose it but could have picked anything else as a vehicle for fame but is now one of the most well known comedians in the country.

My views are influenced by professional comedian friends I have - aka people that spend their weekends living in a van to travel for gigs :LOL: (..or used to when there were gigs)
And he hires writers for his stand up but calls them “consultants”. Nepotism runs deep, even extending to Netflix. But not thru the parental connection. Ben Cavey used to run Tiger Aspect, a company that produced all of Jack Whitehall’s shows until 2018. Now he works as the Director of Original Comedy Programming at Netflix. That explains all the Jack Whitehall content on it. Must be nice to have friends in high places. Lucky Jack!

To be fair if I’d had his connections, I’ll try my best to take advantage of it to further my career as well lol 😆

Reactions: 9

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Hes all over the sidebar of shame being papped with his ' model' girlfriend even though he was never papped with Gemma Chan. I guess she was reluctant to do the pap walk- what with being talented and all that!

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I really like Jack Whitehall, I mean a proper crush, I find him funny and did think he’d be an alright sh@g (oh god can I say that?!) but after reading about his pencil penis... well... There was a sketch he did about going to the doctors and having, I think, a genital exam and talking about how awkward it would be - miming lifting it out of the way in the way you would a cloche at a dinner party (‘et voila!’ - if that makes sense) let’s say that now the image in my mind has been altered a fair bit! Aha!

• Haha

BegDavis

I met Jack Whitehall in 2013 in Ibiza. He was off his absolute nut in Amnesia and climbed up on stage during a chase and status set. Ripped his shirt off, was pouring the DJs water all down himself pretending he was in backstreet boys.. making himself look an even bigger tit than normal. His then girlfriend was looking on from the crowd wanting the ground to swallow her up. Think she’s the actress from humans? Absolute idiot he was.

• Haha
  • Wow

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
Travels with my father was really funny, but recently tried to watch his stand up show on Netflix. Had to stop watching, found it really cringey.
I did like travels with my father until the third series which I gave up on. It just got far too ridiculous and self indulgent. I know it was always contrived and silly but trying to take your father to naked yoga was bloody nonsense.

Reactions: 8

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
I can't stand this guy. He is not funny. I repeat he is not funny. Just a pretty little rich boy living off mummy and daddy. Most of his jokes are based on his privilege and how his rich life is so hilarious.
I agree, with you! This father is hilarious and came from a poor background, was lucky he had a wealthy relative to put him through BS!!

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
I wouldn't say I'm a fan or find him hilarious or anything, but I certainly don't dislike him. He's successful at what he's doing (regardless of whether individuals think he's funny or not), he's not harming anyone or anything, isn't leaving children behind in dysfunctional relationships or the like, good luck to him.

• Heart

Sunraged

Jack Whitehall is as funny as AIDS. He inexplicably broke onto the scene after no fucker had heard of him, a little like Joel Dommett. I'd rather watch dogs being eaten than watch Jack Whitehall attempt standup.

He's another shoo-in through having links to the industry through family (dad), and I can guarantee you that I have never once heard him say anything funny.

I have, however, heard him say things in a 6th form wanker kind of way, which is obviously his schtick.

An utterly odious little twat.

• Wow

Italy2

Chatty Member
I agree, with you! This father is hilarious and came from a poor background, was lucky he had a wealthy relative to put him through BS!!
He makes a living out of making fun of how rich he is and how snobby his dad is. How is that a job? He wouldn't be this popular if he was not a blond blue eyed pretty boy. The world doesn't surprise me anymore!

Sunraged

Him and Joel Dommett are both annoying little pricks
Dommett is referred to as a comedian. What comedy has he done?

Whitehall is not only a prick on screen, but I understand from someone who's met him, he's a prick off-screen. Apparently belittling, haughty and a general all-round twat with an inflated sense of superiority.

I met Jack Whitehall in 2013 in Ibiza. He was off his absolute nut in Amnesia and climbed up on stage during a chase and status set. Ripped his shirt off, was pouring the DJs water all down himself pretending he was in backstreet boys.. making himself look an even bigger tit than normal. His then girlfriend was looking on from the crowd wanting the ground to swallow her up. Think she’s the actress from humans? Absolute idiot he was.
Gemma Chan. I don't think they're together now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Dizzy

VIP Member
I really like him - can’t say Id want to watch him in stand up but I think he’s good on panel shows and found him hilarious in Fresh Meat where he was such a posh twat (I’m sure he just played the worst version of himself...!) Doesn’t bother me that he’s been lucky with the breaks (so what?) and I’ve always liked a posho.

• Haha

JD-Morgan

I really like Jack, he's too camp to fancy for me though

I enjoy his stand ups and he was really good on A League Of Their Own and Travels With My Father

Also, the previous comments about how his jokes are all about his dad/family and his life growing up, is that not what most comedians tell jokes about? 😂

Droosie123

VIP Member
Saw him and his Dad on an episode of some antiques programme ....his Dad made some comment about someone very well known (can’t remember who) “that I met in The Groucho Club “

Cue hubby and I shouting in unison “OH JUST FUCK OFF” . It was so name droppy and up his own arse.

Jack Whitehall was a good Guest presenter when I saw Buzzcocks being filmed but he is almost the twin of some bloke my niece went out with who physically abused her (I shouldn’t hold that against Jack ...not his fault he looks similar). That wanker was an old Etonian too...he used to call my beautiful and intelligent niece “common as muck”. Thankfully she got out and is now married to a wonderful man.

I did like him on Who Do You Think You Are though...he was genuinely appalled by some of the attitudes his Dad was expressing.

Yel

Chatty Member
My issue with him is comedy is an artform, I don't think he's got any respect for it. He chose it but could have picked anything else as a vehicle for fame but is now one of the most well known comedians in the country.

My views are influenced by professional comedian friends I have - aka people that spend their weekends living in a van to travel for gigs :LOL: (..or used to when there were gigs)

• Heart