Jack O’Connell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry couldn’t see a thread anywhere. He’s come up on my FYP as he’s in a new version of Lady Chatterleys lover on Netflix (going to watch this ASAP!)

Cook still lives in my brain rent free although I felt grim for him he was only 17 when he started in skins and I’m a few years older than him, it’s wrong really he was so young and sexualised do you think?

Why isn’t he in more productions? I think he’s a great actor

Reactions: 8
I think he's one of the most underrated actors and I have no idea why he's not A-list. Maybe it's his choice and Hollywood wasn't for him

I was so blown away by him in Skins, but I agree about the over-sexualisation of those teens - some of the women have spoken out about it now and how uncomfortable they were at the time and felt they didn't have anyone looking out for them in that respect

Reactions: 5
I think he's one of the most underrated actors and I have no idea why he's not A-list. Maybe it's his choice and Hollywood wasn't for him

I was so blown away by him in Skins, but I agree about the over-sexualisation of those teens - some of the women have spoken out about it now and how uncomfortable they were at the time and felt they didn't have anyone looking out for them in that respect
Yes yes yes! He’s like Tom Hardy to me, which is not his looks it’s his intensity. Even in Toms films where he looks a state I still feel mesmerised watching him and same for Jack. I would love to see him in more, he really is a talent. Cook was an epic character, he played it so well I just feel ick about the over sexualisation of those young people the same way

I will report back after a Jack fest on Netflix!

Reactions: 4
Yes yes yes! He’s like Tom Hardy to me, which is not his looks it’s his intensity. Even in Toms films where he looks a state I still feel mesmerised watching him and same for Jack. I would love to see him in more, he really is a talent. Cook was an epic character, he played it so well I just feel ick about the over sexualisation of those young people the same way

I will report back after a Jack fest on Netflix!
I'm annoyed as it was announced he was going to play Shaun Ryder in a Happy Mondays biopic a few years ago and that seems to have fallen through. It would have been fantastic!

Reactions: 3
I love Jack OConnell, Cooke was my favourite in Skins, he was great in Eden Lake then off he went to Hollywood I liked Money Monster I haven't watched the Angelina directed film Unbroken I enjoyed 71 where he was a soldier trapped in Belfast. He is IMHO definatley underrated, Jack and Nicholas Hoult are 2 of my fave actors, I'd like Nicholas to play Bond.

Reactions: 7
I had mostly forgotten about him until I watched Lady Chatterlys lover at d weekend, I also have started SAS Rogue heroes which hes in doing a brilliant N.I accent. Oh my god hes just divine. not your typical hollywood movie star good looks but there is just something about him! I loved skins back in the day and have started to rewatch it, it was so good, well ahead of its time in many ways but i do think now how young the cast were. I think at the time I always assumed the cast were older playing teens but most of them were just teens. Any1 any gossip on his love life??

Reactions: 6
I had mostly forgotten about him until I watched Lady Chatterlys lover at d weekend, I also have started SAS Rogue heroes which hes in doing a brilliant N.I accent. Oh my god hes just divine. not your typical hollywood movie star good looks but there is just something about him! I loved skins back in the day and have started to rewatch it, it was so good, well ahead of its time in many ways but i do think now how young the cast were. I think at the time I always assumed the cast were older playing teens but most of them were just teens. Any1 any gossip on his love life??
He went out with Tulisa, but he’s mostly under the radar. I love his accent. I did used to try find him on social media but he was never very active

Reactions: 2

He got some pretty big roles not long after Starred Up came out,Unbroken,Money Monster etc,but they both kinda flopped so the offers dried up a bit.He was great in Godless though,which was one of the best shows of the last 10 years imo.

He got some pretty big roles not long after Starred Up came out,Unbroken,Money Monster etc,but they both kinda flopped so the offers dried up a bit.He was great in Godless though,which was one of the best shows of the last 10 years imo.
I looked him up on IMDB after reading this thread and relished he’s actually been in loads of stuff, but not many big blockbuster type stuff - a lot of films that I haven’t heard of or seen, more quirky I think.
Any more relationship goss on him?

I love Jack OConnell, Cooke was my favourite in Skins, he was great in Eden Lake then off he went to Hollywood I liked Money Monster I haven't watched the Angelina directed film Unbroken I enjoyed 71 where he was a soldier trapped in Belfast. He is IMHO definatley underrated, Jack and Nicholas Hoult are 2 of my fave actors, I'd like Nicholas to play Bond.
He was great in Unbroken, I visited the set a couple of times, he is a very sweet guy, and very easy on the eyes. Being an American, I just loved his accent.

• Heart
Just saw this - he's playing Blake Fielder Civil in the new Amy Winehouse biopic 👀

Ooh! This may be a mini revival of Cooke to play Blake! I don’t think Blake he will get a favourable view in this series somehow

Reactions: 1
The 16 year old inside me is LIVING for a Jack O'Connell thread. I was absolutely obsessed with him as a teen after watching Skins haha. I'm still furious that I managed to miss the 2nd episode of Dive all those years ago and haven't been able to find a decent upload of it since. I think he's a fantastic actor and it seems to come very naturally to him, but like we've all said, looking back it's is crazy how sexualized the cast were and how exploited they were. Some of those sex scenes would be questionable in an 18 movie nowadays, and here it was on TV aimed at teens.
I think he was a bit off the rails when he was younger and he's always come across in interviews and things like that that he does acting because he loves it, not for the fame. So could be why he seems to just pop up now and again

Reactions: 6
The 16 year old inside me is LIVING for a Jack O'Connell thread. I was absolutely obsessed with him as a teen after watching Skins haha. I'm still furious that I managed to miss the 2nd episode of Dive all those years ago and haven't been able to find a decent upload of it since. I think he's a fantastic actor and it seems to come very naturally to him, but like we've all said, looking back it's is crazy how sexualized the cast were and how exploited they were. Some of those sex scenes would be questionable in an 18 movie nowadays, and here it was on TV aimed at teens.
I think he was a bit off the rails when he was younger and he's always come across in interviews and things like that that he does acting because he loves it, not for the fame. So could be why he seems to just pop up now and again
Do you mean the second part of Rise? the skins sequel he did? If so its on All4 I just rewatched it recently.