Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosieflowers

VIP Member
I don't agree that the 'apology' is decent at all, if you're on a BBC licence-payer funded show, the public is entitled to criticise/ comment, hell they have their own Points of View show. I don't think it's at all appropriate to hunt down every negative bit of criticism and shine a light on it on social media. Jack is the TV 'personality' not Gem or any of the other thousands of people watching, it's her who is opening herself to criticism.

The apology is a way of making Jack out to look amazing well after the fact/ rewrite history/ cover her arse after she's tweeted before she thought, as usual.

It's also a massive faux-pology - sorry this is happening to you, not sorry for what I did (and I understand why what I did was wrong) - absolutely no remorse and that's why the it misses the mark

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Flumps

VIP Member
Also Nadiya is an *excellent* example of someone who was an amateur cook, got a chance on TV and turned out to be bloody talented at doing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Bellybutton lint

VIP Member
I've just read so many of the comments towards Gem and I'm in complete disbelief of how a group of fucking sheep who follow a wanky cook can pile onto one individual so quickly and viciously because she passed comment and her opinion on that piece of shit TV show the licence payer is being subjected to daily on the BBC.
The hypocrisy is off the fucking scale!!!
"Be kind....Be kind.....Be kind..."
"Oh wait you just said something I don't like so I'm going to serve you death threats, call you a prick and generally attack you"........
"Be Kind... Be Kind....Be Kind..."
There's a difference between TROLLING and having an OPINION. One involves bitter vitriol and malice and the other is a simple view you've formed on something relating to your personal preference.
When the fuck are JMs sheep going to realise that an opinion does not have to be all fluffy, glowing 5 star praise!
And if you don't want to invite others to comment then stay the fuck off social media!!!!
I was so close to wading in myself to defend her and report every single one of those cunts but I had to stop myself. The poor cow!
It seems to be happening a lot apparently.

1587556225692.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

poppycat

I knew that Chinese curry sauce storey sounded familiar. Watching friends on Netflix last night Jack?
She did the same with a story about wanting to buy some designer clothing, can't remember the details as the tweet has now been deleted (so if I get details wrong don't sue me Jack :eek:), apparently she went into a *fancy shop* and the staff there told her that she wouldn't be able to afford anything, so she went back the next day and bought 2 of the item she wanted! Just to show them.
The story had an uncanny similarity to the scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts is made to feel small by some shop assistants on Rodeo Drive then returns the next day with bags of designer clothing :unsure:).
When someone on Twitter mentioned the strange coincidence she said that she hadn't seen Pretty Woman when the Julia Roberts incident happened to her ……………..…..
Again I'm not in any way implying that her story didn't happen in exactly the way she related it …...…............…......…….

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

Peachy9

VIP Member
Completely agree with you.
1) She has said on the show that she doesn’t watch tv cooking programmes, that is a simple way to expand your knowledge. My boyfriend gets annoyed by how much cooking I watch.
Don’t be too arrogant to learn from others, even this week she doesn’t seem to want to learn from Matt but wants him to use her ideas.

2) It’s all about cheap but it’s not cheap if you haven’t got 3 freezers, yes some fresh ginger for that one recipe costs 12p but you can’t buy such a tiny amount, so what do you do with the rest?
There is very little in terms of meal planning and shopping to a budget, proper organised cooking.

I think other people are doing the budget cooking better because they do the whole organising and meal planning better. Her recipes this week have been a missed opportunity and I take a huge amount of offence at the word Posh when it is just Flavour.

It seems to me to be a race to the bottom in terms of teaching people what they could do and could make. The white sauce episode sums up everything that is wrong with her cooking. We all know it’s easy and cheap to make an actually white sauce and more useful knowledge that mixing milk and oil!
The thing is, the whole show has been a fail as it seemed to be so rushed they failed to grasp the concept they literally had given to them on a plate.
They had a two week schedule; perfect to establish a two week meal plan. Start with a list of readily available ingredients that could be bought from the supermarket right back on show one, and each show could have demonstrated healthy nutritional meals. Perhaps a little segment showing what could be done with left overs the next day. Adding ingredients from little local shops, or creative ways to adapt a base sauce to something completely different...
this would have genuinely helped so many families, most of whom don't have random things like jif lemon and tinned spinach in their cupboards. Families who just want to be able to do a shop cheaply, feed their family well, and stay at bloody home.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

poppycat

Did everyone hear Matt say "sounds a bit filthy, right up my street"? !! He is definitely reading here!

• Haha
  • Heart

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I've decided that the positives from watching Daily Kitchen the past few weeks are:

3. My cooking isn't shit. Thanks to Jack I can confirm I feed our family well! With flavour! Utilising ingredients! On a budget. Boom.
You're too fancy for this thread
Too fancy for this thread
So fancy it hurts
And you're too fancy for Black Pepper
Too fancy for Black Pepper
Real Lemons, and spice
You're too fancy for this thread
Too fancy for this thread
No way to delete all the tweets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Every time she laughs I automatically have a mental image of Nigella’s head inside her fridge. On a platter surrounded with little plastic jif lemons and tendrils of putrifying salad bag debris.

• Haha

Flumps

VIP Member
AND HE LIKES HIS FOOD MESSY. I have a longstanding theory that men who enjoy eating and aren't worried about getting messy when doing it are WWAAAYYY more likely to be good in bed. Or whereever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Cascara

🍋.

so passive aggressive, @Cascara !
I feel very attacked now. And I wasn’t being passive aggressive, It’s just I’ve been up all night in AGONY with a blister on my pinky toe from wearing last year’s summer shoes for the first time yesterday. I can’t afford winter shoes, I go barefoot. Now hang on while I rally my twitter mob to my defence for insulting me so and suggesting I didn’t invent citrus fruit. I didn’t just invent citrus fruit, you know, I actually invented ALL fruit. And canning. And eating fruit. And eating things. All things. Inventing Eating Things has been my life’s work.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Hedwig10

Long time lurker here - loving this thread so much Ladies. Can’t stand jack and her bullshit! At first I thought she was raising important issues about food banks and poverty in the U.K. but her aggressive twittering and joyless attitude to food just pisses me right off!

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Saturn.

Chatty Member
To be fair, this is pretty ground-breaking stuff. She has really hit her stride now and is putting her knowledge to great use on social media.

• Haha
Reactions: 33