Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bumbear

Just thread #132 has attachments missing, will fix on Monday (hopefully). Although after spending hours today fixing it I feel like tuna in a money bag. 😶

Unfortunately the wiki was reverted back to the last update when it was on Monday morning. So sorry but changes made mon -thurs afternoon have been lost. Hopefully it wasn't much and can be added back in?
I think we have to add back @HarderFaster's summary from one of the last threads into the wiki? Jack time is fluid but I feel that happened at some point since Monday!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Flash123

VIP Member
Did u ever have the coconut “cheesecake” things that contained no cheese but were coconut mixed with egg white on top of a raspberry jam pastry?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

appleskin

Chatty Member
Did u ever have the coconut “cheesecake” things that contained no cheese but were coconut mixed with egg white on top of a raspberry jam pastry?

This things? Haven't had for years, might have a snoop in the shop, though some needed two cups of tea from being so dry!

1610660578512.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Emmapism

VIP Member
Not only that, but if Jack was the “working class, coarse Essex accent” kind of person she claims to be, she wouldn’t be Mama. Working class Essex people don’t use “Mama”. You’d have the piss ripped out of you for having ideas above your station.
Yeah there's just no way. We call our Mum, Mum. When we were very little, Mummy. So so odd.

Lanie

VIP Member
Can only hope this sort of comment gains traction, so Marcus et al are FORCED to respond that in actual fact, she's done absolutely sweet FA and they barely know who she is.

View attachment 384239
Poor Emma does she realise she had had a sex change?!

I'd also love them to reply we are not aware of her body of work here.

• Haha

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
Fuck really? What did she say pls? I turned it off and it’s now on an ad break 💔

ETA - it let me rewind (we don’t record it 😂) and I can’t see her? x
No, she wasn't sorry - it was meant to be a NOT on GMB, despite the trail for it she gave yest!

ETA that I can actually feel your disappointment through the screen!

• Haha

Vroo

I take offense in het using Gogglebox's name in vain.

(I admit that for years I was snobbish about the idea of watching people watch TV. And then I watched it and loved it 😂)
Me too 🥰 and saw an Irish one where the families watched old TV shows/news etc - still very good despite not knowing who anyone was/no memories of the show!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The Barclays incident is even wilder when you realise that the account she was trying to get money out of wasn't a Barclays account, she was just using their ATM.

She swaggered into the bank and essentially said, "Your ATM just swallowed my Natwest card, give me money from my Natwest account, I'm Jack Monroe and here's a Counting Crows tattoo if you don't believe me."

And the squiggles want her to run for office!
Are there receipts for that here or was it before tattle?

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Chablis1

VIP Member
I
I got a permanent ban and I'm still really pissed off about the whole thing so I've come off twitter for good (would recommend). It was last year after the GE when Jess 'rent a gob' Phillips was calling or unity and hand holding after the GE. I tweeted back at her the now infamous quote of hers 'I won't stab you in the back, I'll stab you in the front' - with quotation marks and I got banned for threatening an MP. It was her own words in quotation marks!!!
I remember that!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
This does baffle me. I definitely don't get the full nuance of English accents, but to me she does sound generally Essex/Estuary and not particularly posh. Granted the only English people I can imagine saying "Mama" with a straight face are landed gentry pre-1930, so I may be approaching this a touch bluntly 😂
I was thinking yesterday she sounds a little but like Frankie Bridge from The Saturdays

• Haha
Reactions: 13