Is this enough? Mother's 80th

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right so I have got her a lovely cashmere skirt (she needs relaxed pull on style due to disability). Chocs, cashmere socks.

She's not into jewellery, and I keep her stocked up with skincare anyway. She likes a spritz of perfume but I bought her some recently so don't need to think about that til Xmas.

Aside from that I'll make her a birthday cake and take her out for lunch.

She doesn't cook anymore so I can't buy her anything for the kitchen, could perhaps get a cheeseboard and grapes for later after lunch.

As it's 80th and she is quite ill do you think this is enough for a special birthday? I am not rich so this will stretch me a bit as it is!

Reactions: 1
I think it’s plenty! Sounds like you thought it through. Im sure she would love to go out for lunch with you

Reactions: 2
Right so I have got her a lovely cashmere skirt (she needs relaxed pull on style due to disability). Chocs, cashmere socks.

She's not into jewellery, and I keep her stocked up with skincare anyway. She likes a spritz of perfume but I bought her some recently so don't need to think about that til Xmas.

She doesn't cook anymore so I can't buy her anything for the kitchen, could perhaps get a cheeseboard and grapes for later after lunch.

As it's 80th and she is quite ill do you think this is enough for a special birthday? I am not rich so this will stretch me a bit as it is!
I imagine the greatest gift would be spending time with you. They all sound like lovely presents you’ve put thought into.

Reactions: 7

They sound lovely, thoughtful gifts and I’m sure she will enjoy them. And the cake and lunch of course 🥰

That all sounds plenty and lovely. The real gift is time together at that age. Especially when parents are ill. My mum is just happy with lots of flowers and good food. She doesn’t need any more crap in her house. 😁