Is it just me that HATES Primark???

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always been a charity shopper and having 6 kids means money was tight
I thought I’d save up and buy them some stuff from primark
I got about 2 years worth of clothes for about £160
It all fell apart after a few washes (apart from a pair of shorts which did son no4 and his younger brother for about 3 summers)
Never again-back to charity shops for us
At least I’m paying pennies for good quality stuff and helping the environment/the charity at the same time

Reactions: 9
No clue what Primark is. I might yt it! haha. Reminds me of the store name Pamida? That was decades ago. Why do stores that start w/ a P weird me out? Payless...another fail.

I used to buy my basics from primark knickers (for time of the month) and socks. The knickers came apart at the seams and the socks got holes in after a few months. Now I buy my basics from m&s and ive never looked back. Primark is ok for some things I buy the fleecy pjs but if you buy the jumpers from there invest in a debobbler.

Reactions: 3
I like the underwear and the makeup and theyve started making actual nice heels but the clothes ehhhh hit and miss

Reactions: 3
I find Primark handy at the moment as I'm loosing weight so it means I can update my wardrobe cheaply especially with leggings/jeggings whilst dropping sizes but it is so hot and miss! I brought a pair of jeans the other day in a 18, they fell off when I stood up, got a 16 and can't get them past my knees!

Reactions: 1
I love Primark but would never visit it on a Saturday/when it's busy

Only time I can have a proper look and find decent stuff is when I go first thing Sunday morning and it's quiet/the clothes are yet to be thrown on the floor

I don’t know what some of you do when you wash clothes - but nothing I buy from there ever “falls apart”

Reactions: 11
I can't stand the place as one wash even on the most gentle of cycles and they become tatty and fall apart

I don’t know what some of you do when you wash clothes - but nothing I buy from there ever “falls apart”
seriously I’m reading this laughing maybe wash your clothes correctly primark is cheap, absolutely, but what are you doing to make clothes fall apart

it’s not that different to any other high street shop, it’s just got a bad reputation.
Next kids are one of the worst quality for price/wear and I worked for river island for a few years, if you think that’s quality you’d get a shock.

But all sweat shop/made in China clothes are going be the same quality. Facts

Reactions: 9
I've always liked their jeans. Never had an issue with anything I've bought.

Bought 2 pairs of leggings from M&S in September, had holes in them by the beginning of December yet my primark ones are still going after a couple of years it really is just hit and miss with every shop!

Reactions: 2
I generally don't like them either. The quality has always been poor except for the single night shirts, which my mother likes. I think the last time I bought anything would probably be more than 2 years ago which was the night shirt mentioned above!

The thick men’s socks with tog rating (I think it’s 1.9 tog) are AMAZING. I have two pairs on constant rotation. Perfect bed/house socks when it’s freezing. Before I saw them I didn’t even know socks could have a tog rating

Reactions: 2
The thick men’s socks with tog rating (I think it’s 1.9 tog) are AMAZING. I have two pairs on constant rotation. Perfect bed/house socks when it’s freezing. Before I saw them I didn’t even know socks could have a tog rating
I might give them a try.

I can’t shop in there anymore! My local store is huge and people are always wandering about like a fart in a trance - drives me insane!

Totally agree with you - Poor quality and not particularly nice. The one near my uni was just chaotic. Everything was sometimes just dumped in piles and mixed up - it made the shopping experience unappealing.

Will rarely but anything from there. Maybe occasionally socks and if I need one time wear T-shirt’s. I’ll usually pop in to check out their Harry Potter collections and that’s about it.

I detest Primark and everything it stands for. Haven't even set foot in one for at least 10 years I don't think.

When we were flat broke I bought all the kids clothes from Sainsburys, and still do now as the quality is great (better than most of our Joules stuff) and I love the styles they have.

For myself I'd rather look in a charity shop if I needed something new.