Is it just me that HATES Primark???

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always been a charity shopper and having 6 kids means money was tight
I thought I’d save up and buy them some stuff from primark
I got about 2 years worth of clothes for about £160
It all fell apart after a few washes (apart from a pair of shorts which did son no4 and his younger brother for about 3 summers)
Never again-back to charity shops for us
At least I’m paying pennies for good quality stuff and helping the environment/the charity at the same time

Reactions: 9
No clue what Primark is. I might yt it! haha. Reminds me of the store name Pamida? That was decades ago. Why do stores that start w/ a P weird me out? Payless...another fail.

I used to buy my basics from primark knickers (for time of the month) and socks. The knickers came apart at the seams and the socks got holes in after a few months. Now I buy my basics from m&s and ive never looked back. Primark is ok for some things I buy the fleecy pjs but if you buy the jumpers from there invest in a debobbler.

Reactions: 3
I like the underwear and the makeup and theyve started making actual nice heels but the clothes ehhhh hit and miss

Reactions: 3
I find Primark handy at the moment as I'm loosing weight so it means I can update my wardrobe cheaply especially with leggings/jeggings whilst dropping sizes but it is so hot and miss! I brought a pair of jeans the other day in a 18, they fell off when I stood up, got a 16 and can't get them past my knees!

Reactions: 1
I love Primark but would never visit it on a Saturday/when it's busy

Only time I can have a proper look and find decent stuff is when I go first thing Sunday morning and it's quiet/the clothes are yet to be thrown on the floor 😂

I don’t know what some of you do when you wash clothes - but nothing I buy from there ever “falls apart” 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I can't stand the place as one wash even on the most gentle of cycles and they become tatty and fall apart

I don’t know what some of you do when you wash clothes - but nothing I buy from there ever “falls apart” 🤷🏻‍♀️
seriously I’m reading this laughing 😂😂 maybe wash your clothes correctly 😆 primark is cheap, absolutely, but what are you doing to make clothes fall apart 😬

it’s not that different to any other high street shop, it’s just got a bad reputation.
Next kids are one of the worst quality for price/wear and I worked for river island for a few years, if you think that’s quality you’d get a shock.

But all sweat shop/made in China clothes are going be the same quality. Facts 🙂

Reactions: 9
I've always liked their jeans. Never had an issue with anything I've bought.

Bought 2 pairs of leggings from M&S in September, had holes in them by the beginning of December yet my primark ones are still going after a couple of years 😂 it really is just hit and miss with every shop!

Reactions: 2
I generally don't like them either. The quality has always been poor except for the single night shirts, which my mother likes. I think the last time I bought anything would probably be more than 2 years ago which was the night shirt mentioned above!

The thick men’s socks with tog rating (I think it’s 1.9 tog) are AMAZING. I have two pairs on constant rotation. Perfect bed/house socks when it’s freezing. Before I saw them I didn’t even know socks could have a tog rating :LOL:

Reactions: 2
The thick men’s socks with tog rating (I think it’s 1.9 tog) are AMAZING. I have two pairs on constant rotation. Perfect bed/house socks when it’s freezing. Before I saw them I didn’t even know socks could have a tog rating :LOL:
I might give them a try.

I can’t shop in there anymore! My local store is huge and people are always wandering about like a fart in a trance - drives me insane!

Totally agree with you - Poor quality and not particularly nice. The one near my uni was just chaotic. Everything was sometimes just dumped in piles and mixed up - it made the shopping experience unappealing.

Will rarely but anything from there. Maybe occasionally socks and if I need one time wear T-shirt’s. I’ll usually pop in to check out their Harry Potter collections and that’s about it.

I detest Primark and everything it stands for. Haven't even set foot in one for at least 10 years I don't think.

When we were flat broke I bought all the kids clothes from Sainsburys, and still do now as the quality is great (better than most of our Joules stuff) and I love the styles they have.

For myself I'd rather look in a charity shop if I needed something new.