Is it Cake?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else like Is it Cake on Netflix? We love it as some fun and silly viewing as a family and the contestants are undoubtly talented. Would love to hear if others like it and opinions?

I watched the first series which I did enjoy its not something I would watch again and again and I found the American presenter a bit ott but it's OK for a giggle some of the cakes were amazing

My son saw an episode at his cousins and asked if we could watch it...I only had netflix for the month to watch the Crown, well 4 months on and now we've started season 3. The presenter is OTT but I have warmed to him. Some of the contestants are insanely talented. Some of the contestants are just insane.

Do the cakes get eaten or just binned? Its a lot of cake per show!

We also really enjoyed Nailed It! and now we cannot bake without talking like Jacque Torres giving a critique!

Especially since they take about 8 hours to bake them, its alot to go to waste, I would be expecting some to take away šŸ¤£ I agree, at first I was a bit take a back by Mikey Day but I do find him quite funny, he seems like good fun šŸ˜„I dont think anyone else could present it like he does. This series seems quite different to the previous one, I guess they are doing their best to keep it fresh?

I thought Andrew in series 1 was unpleasant when the lad chose to do the steak in cellophane (Andrews niche), I didnā€™t like him after that, there was no need to be so sulky. It's a competition and that could have been a very canny move!

What weird energy did Spirit have? Glad when she was given the heave ho

For the rounds where the bakery has a free choice (first and final episode series 3 for instance) they must know what they're going to do beforehand and submit a design otherwise how would the runners get such accurate decoys?

Reactions: 1
I thought Andrew in series 1 was unpleasant when the lad chose to do the steak in cellophane (Andrews niche), I didnā€™t like him after that, there was no need to be so sulky. It's a competition and that could have been a very canny move!

What weird energy did Spirit have? Glad when she was given the heave ho

For the rounds where the bakery has a free choice (first and final episode series 3 for instance) they must know what they're going to do beforehand and submit a design otherwise how would the runners get such accurate decoys?
Thats true, I didnt think of that for the decoys! It feels like a bit of an advantage, like maybe both sets of bakers should get a go at baking their own choice of object, I imagine they have had plenty of practice.
I think Elizabeth has been my favourite baker, she was hugely talented and seemed to not take it all too seriously.