Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lecaviar

I was reading through this thread & it's my first time ever reading this forum so please excuse me if I'm not following any common rules that I'm not aware of!! But I wanted to share that Alex was using an app called Plenty of Fish a few years ago when he wasn't with Vic and we met on the app and he told me he HATED Vic then and said so much stuff about how toxic/tiring/difficult it was to be with her. We eventually fell out and stopped talking / following each other on Instagram but I was surprised to see a few years later that they started dating again & got married LOL.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
In today's vlog she says, and I quote word-per-word:

"Today I have actually managed to encourage Alex to let me have one little treat.. We're going to McDonalds for drive-through." (laughs nervously, turns around to look for him)

What the actual f*** is going on in their relationship? This is some bizzare shit. 😬

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

lecaviar

I was reading through this thread & it's my first time ever reading this forum so please excuse me if I'm not following any common rules that I'm not aware of!! But I wanted to share that Alex was using an app called Plenty of Fish a few years ago when he wasn't with Vic and we met on the app and he told me he HATED Vic then and said so much stuff about how toxic/tiring/difficult it was to be with her. We eventually fell out and stopped talking / following each other on Instagram but I was surprised to see a few years later that they started dating again & got married LOL.
Guess I should update as everyone's curious to know LOL. This was like in 2014/2015 so they were split up then but he had a lot of emotional baggage/trauma from his last relationship. I didn't know who his ex (Vic) was until last year but it all clicked in since he was very descriptive of who his ex was (went to UoM, studying fashion, purple/pink hair, dating period, etc.) but he talked about her as if he was disgusted of how she treated him and how she was and that his future relationships would be hard because of his past trauma. He said she was extremely manipulative and just had extremely different viewpoints about everything so it was inevitable that their relationship didn't work out. He literally called her a manipulative bitch and one of the worst people he's ever met and said he regrets ever spending time with her. SO that's why I was sooo surprised when I saw that they got married LOL. And I remember him telling me about his best friend (Liptrot I think his name was) and how he helped him through depression because of his relationship with her. He was at a really low point in his life when we met so I didn't want to continue the relationship but he was definitely holding a lot of rage/hatred towards her but maybe this was because he was really hurt. He seemed very masculine when I met him though, like he had his own life/friends, hobbies, job, etc so I'm surprised to see him now being his wife's trophy husband especially since he expressed that he hated her guts. I also watched their boyfriend tag video recently and he just seems so different from how I remember him, and it was weird that they acted as if their relationship "break" was just a hiccup considering how tough this time was for him. He was a nice guy but he was pretty boring, did the same thing everyday without much of a goal or vision of how he wanted his life to be so I guess now she's doing that for him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
He literally called her a manipulative bitch and one of the worst people he's ever met and said he regrets ever spending time with her. SO that's why I was sooo surprised when I saw that they got married LOL. (...) he was definitely holding a lot of rage/hatred towards her but maybe this was because he was really hurt. (...) he expressed that he hated her guts.
I pick up on this every now and then in her vlogs. Little moments that give it away... he likes to throw in bitter comments and remarks that really show a lot of resentment. I think he likes to rub it in when they argue. "Well, at least I didn't f**k our first-door neigbour as soon as things got hard!!" 🤡

Omg, guys. Can you imagine their arguments?! His bratty passive-aggressiveness, Victoria lisping those under-the-belt insults (Well, at leasszzzt I have a driverszzz liczzzensssczzzze!!), that squeaky voice raising even higher, dolphins exploding everywhere, Boe slugging off to protest-shit in the orangery... Meanwhile, the banana bread is still baking in the oven, it's now burnt beyond recognition (even more than usual). Wait! Maybe we can still take a picture for Insta. Just use the preszzzetzzzzz to desaturate it, babe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

lesento

She is giving young girls such bad examples.

1. Don‘t drink a sip of oat milk: you might get fat, like become UK size 8! What horror!

2. The smallest clothing sizes don‘t fit me: my only happiness in the world!

3. Always ask permission from your boyfriend or husband for every step you take, even if you want to just watch TV.

4. Having thousands of shoes and bags is the way to escape from your depressing life in your attic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Had to swipe over her insta stories of her on that bloody bike again. Her movements on it are so strange and that's even without all of the stupid pointless dancing. I just cringe whenever she posts those stories 😬
It’s because she flails around like one of those inflatable men at a car dealership.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Lemonz

VIP Member
No wonder she is self concious about her legs, every time she posts a picture showing them there's loads of people on this very thread racing to say how 'chunky' they are when she is a bloody size zero!
I think she's a self obsessed consumerist idiot but the weird body shaming on this site is wild sometimes. She is showing clear signs of disordered eating and honestly i feel really sorry for her if she is struggling having been there myself. Not trying to police the thread, just my 2 cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

1001aspen

I’ve been waiting for somebody else to bring up their relationship again before coming swanning in. When they first moved in together in Manchester, Vic cheated on him with somebody across the hall from them in their apartment block. They couldn’t get out of tenancy so he stayed there and she shacked up with the other guy. He bought a black kitten and then it just *vanished* after a whole so I assume rehomed. He slagged her off a whole bunch to me after the split too and was very sour over it (rightly so if she did cheat). I was just as shocked to see them back together!

• Wow
Reactions: 35

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
What annoys me the most is that her stretch marks are barely visible and in a place that..really when would you have that part of your body on show except for a beach or being in a pool? My stomach is covered in stretch marks from shovelling on weight for absolutely no reason (all the tests have been done, doctors have no idea how/why it happened..I need to add that I eat a well balanced diet and exercise regularly, gym twice a week, swimming twice a week etc).
As has previously been mentioned, she can afford to make changes to her body and has done over the years.. I would literally do anything to have lipo and sort my stomach out as there isn't a day goes by I don't think how disgusting it is and looks...I sadly can't afford it :(
The other thing that annoys me is that a women of her size puts a picture up about this and seemingly gets no back lash or harsh comments. I can tell you now that if I put a picture up of my rancid, flabby, very heavily stretch-marked body, I would NOT receive only nice comments...people would call me fat and ugly and go out of their way to be nasty. This doesn't happen so much with influencers (I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all but you definitely see nice comments severely over ruling nastier ones) and they are then seen as being wonderful voices for these things. I would just be seen as a nobody putting a picture of my flab on the internet that no one wanted to see and it would spark talks of one of many topics such as: over eating, being a greedy person, laziness and people claiming I don't exercise and eat properly etc etc. I would just be another picture proving that the nation is getting fatter.
The problem is that the wrong people get the praise for these sorts of posts and I think that's why people get so angry.
Sorry for the rant!
Your post makes me so sad. Your body is not rancid, please don’t let the airbrushed crap you see on social media or in magazines and TV make you hate your body like this.
I am just a stranger but I ask you to please be kinder to yourself 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210421-085747_Instagram.jpg

Nettles! Alex got her a bouquet of nettles 🤣 not the ones that sting you but still, nettles. Good on you Vic though getting emosh over a handful of passive aggressive weeds.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Can’t help but still find it totally gross that she can manipulate her Instagram this way.

she’s so flashy when it comes to even the smallest achievements, such as ONE person telling her that her reels are “sOoOo cReAtIvE bAbEs OmGgG!” (which she then refers to as “SOOOO many of you commented on it) so it’s just clear something is really not right here.

it’s so sad how her life is so based around meaningless “goals” that clearly don’t mean anything to her, really. It’s not going to open her up for more work, or help her demand more money for posts etc because it’s obviously gained illegitimately.
I mean this graph says it all....

Screenshot_20210209_082925.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Pleasespeakthetruth

Omg if you guys haven’t already gone to Lidl’s thread I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! It’s worth the strain that my thumb now has for scrolling for 2 hours. It. Is. Sheer. Brilliance. I want to nominate it for a Nobel prize in literature, it is that brilliant.

• Haha
  • Heart

poopettemetis

VIP Member
@Imonlyme: I’m truly sorry for the experience you had while being in a bigger body. What you said about the body positive movement being confusing is exactly why Vic’s centering of herself makes it so.

The movement was started by fat, Black women and has been co-opted by corporations and thinner, more socially acceptable (mostly white) women and men to inject themselves into a movement that wasn’t initially intended for them. The problem lies in the fact that a lot of these people, Vic included, are not themselves living in bigger bodies. Sure, all of us have our insecurities and for many it’s a lifetime struggle becoming okay with it and obviously the media and the photoshopping don’t help, but unless you’ve lived in a bigger body, you’ll never experience bias BECAUSE of your bigger body. Vic can put on a pair of pants if she’s having an insecure day, fat people can’t hide their fatness. Fat people can make up to 30% less than their thinner peers. Fat people’s medical issues are often dismissed or doctors immediately blame their weight (I don’t know how a rash or an eye infection could be caused by being fat 🤷🏻‍♀️). Look into airline policies for bigger bodies. Fashion obviously shuts out bodies bigger than a US12, despite the average American woman being a size 16-18. And the list goes on. Sticking out your postpartum or bloated belly or showing your barely there stretch marks does nothing to address the systemic issues that were the initial focus of the body positivity movement. It’s great that Vic feels empowered to show her stretch marks, but she still goes through life in a thin body in a world that sees her as more human because of her size.

Would highly recommend following the writings of @yrfatfriend and listening to her Maintenance Phase podcast (both so illuminating).

All of this is not to invalidate anyone’s experiences, it’s just really frustrating that, yet again, marginalized voices are being pushed to the side in favor of voices who have no experience moving through life in a marginalized body.

ETA: Vic should be using her astounding privilege to fight for inclusivity in her industry, that includes working with brands who center size inclusivity, sharing her platform with marginalized people, connecting the brands she works with with fat people who can guide them in their size expansions. The opportunities are endless and to come out the gate and say size doesn’t matter in the context of her post is downright damaging and alienating.

Last edited:
  • Heart

supershark

VIP Member
Skipped through the latest vlog. Here are my thoughts:

There is no better time than RIGHT NOW for her to seek professional therapy/counseling. I don’t mean that in a bad way either!! Shes in an identity crisis. We all saw it with the erratic crying on her bike and now we know why.

She had this dream (albeit naive) to launch a suiting brand probably to establish herself as more than just a *swipe up* affiliate marketing influencer. Now she’s having to bear it on the chin that that is in fact what she is for the foreseeable future (her words). Surely she sees that she’s not keeping pace with Leonie, Tamara, etc on the fashion circuit. She’d already bowed out quite a bit pre covid because of the man child and now after a pandemic — trying to establish herself as something more than Miss Voucher against a crowd of high fashion it girls with more connections won’t be easy. Having followers simply isn’t enough to make it and be accepted.

As a business woman I have to say I also really wouldn’t want to be in her shoes. Yes she’s done it all to herself but it’s not a comfortable spot to be in.

She has her childish husband and two friends’ livelihoods relying on her. I care a good deal about my staff’s salaries and wellbeing as well as worry about the success of the business as a whole — but when your entire “team” is really just your three best friends that’s a level of concern I wouldn’t want to touch.

THIS is why “don’t mix business with pleasure” and “it’s not personal, it’s business” became such true statements because personal relationships mess things up so much more in an already complicated working world.

It was a mistake to build her team the way she has and you can tell she had no real professional advisor weighing in because anyone with a lick of sense would’ve cautioned her against it if she really wants to go far as a business woman. You can’t just hire your pals! You need qualified people with the right experience to play a good long game.

But then again, and this is a big reason why I don’t like Vicky, she has a smug and superior attitude like she’s the smartest person in the room even when she knows jack shit. So, if anyone DID try to warn her against only having personal friends work for her maybe she blew that advice off.

Sorry for the ramble! Watching her flounder I couldn’t help but think of how she’s a victim of her own naive decisions and in need of solid, unbiased, third-party input to help her sort it all out. Personally I think should take a month not necessarily off work but definitely offline to re-evaluate and get a new strategy together.

But then... can her “team” get by if the cash cow isn’t milking screen time for a month?

ALSO — what do you think her next “project” is that’s going to debut Sunday apparently? Strathberry? Another plastic makeup bag? More dodgy jewelry? A line of dog collars for Boe and the husband??

• Heart
Reactions: 32