Interior Design Help - First Home

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your help @Agent Cooper
Definitely neutral walls for sure - I have one colour in mind but I've no idea if I'll like that colour in years to come. (Sage green/ green in general).

Reactions: 1
Thanks for your help @Agent Cooper
Definitely neutral walls for sure - I have one colour in mind but I've no idea if I'll like that colour in years to come. (Sage green/ green in general).
My friends had a green kitchen, she says after having it for ten years she hated it! Not saying you will too, but it might be safer to go for a more neutral colour and use green to accent (sofa/rug/curtains etc).

I change my mind often and go through real phases with colour etc so both properties I've owned we've done the same thing - cream walls, wood floor, any 'big' furniture like sofas/beds in neutral colours also (I'm sure you know what kind of neutral you like as I feel like some people are really into grey for example whereas I'd always choose creams/brown tones). That way when I have a new colour phase it doesn't cost a fortune to change soft furnishings, rugs, etc. I definitely wouldn't get a kitchen in a trendy colour personally as it's way too expensive and looks dated very quickly, all those navy influencer kitchens for example. The only colour I have on walls is in the office because I've been consistent that sage green feels calming in my work space so I have the walls two toned (cream top, then halfway down to the floor is sage green and I haven't gone off that yet!)

• Heart
Yes I like cream/brown neutrals.
Luckily the kitchen is in good order and we don't plan to get a new one anytime. Its a dark wood it wouldn't be my choice however I'm happy with it!
I remember when we started looking at houses I was dead set that I wanted a blue kitchen and now I'm just like nooooo!

I think sage green is very calming, it's a lovely colour!

There’s lots of lovely interiors instagrammers that do great content and have lovely homes (some rented, some on a budget, some on bigger budgets).

The trick is to find your style. Do you like period, mid century, modern, industrial, boho? Etc. you’ll find you gravitate to one or two.

Generally go with 70/20/10 rule in terms of colour. 70% main colour, 20% second colour, the rest on a small splash of bright or whatever.

Example, neutral walls, perhaps blue sofa, or rug, bright orange cushions. For example.

Lots of great insta people to get ideas from, search out some interiors hashtags - you’ll see loooads.

He went to London, booked a hotel room and planned to meet up with someone he knew to be 19.
I am absolutely repulsed. He will never stop until his in handcuffs I truly believe that now

Hi hope you don’t mind me asking a question, I’m also buying my first house. I’ve had a quick look at sofas and found a scatter back one I like and found the most comfortable but I’ve read they are actually uncomfortable as well as looking messy? Just wanted to see peoples opinions on them vs formal backs?

Hi hope you don’t mind me asking a question, I’m also buying my first house. I’ve had a quick look at sofas and found a scatter back one I like and found the most comfortable but I’ve read they are actually uncomfortable as well as looking messy? Just wanted to see peoples opinions on them vs formal backs?
We have 2 scatter backs one in the front room an one in the back living area, honestly there's pros an cons with them, to me I don't find them anymore uncomfortable than the normal backs, they are just as padded than the other an the pro is there's some freedom in moving them so you can get yourself more comfortably, we also bought two small cushions for one of them that fits nicely in the little space between the cousins

However am not going lie, they can be a bit of a pain to make sit right, our front living room one is all separate cushions so takes a bit of time to get them sitting right, the back living area has 3 joined (but look separate) with two separate which I think might be the newer design an it's so much easier to get them sitting right

Honestly I'd say go for what you like, you don't want to go for somthing that a few months down the line you wish you had went for the other, we used to always have the normal backs an these two are our first scatter backs an personally I like them, all I'd recommend is if they offer you the foam cushions seats over the normal then go for the foam, there's not alot of support in the normal ones, it is a little more pricey but the normal do flatten quickly

A little update on the house situation - unfortunately after receiving the house survery and a third look around we decided to pull out of the sale. Serious issues were raised and when I visited the house again I had a huge sinking feeling and I just knew it wasn't right.

• Sad
Reactions: 3