Instamums #2 Permanently exhausted, winging it in waitrose in #ad#gifted clothes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CT’s disclosure on this trip is awful. Oh look here is the perfect cafe set up - soft play one side, view of pool the other. Yeah well you didn’t pay for this hol and decide to share it’s perfect-ness for our benefit. You are enjoying this cafe because your accommodation in the site is free - it should have ad or at the very least gifted. Also note that she didn’t declare her gifted ring in that pic she storied of it.

I’ve said before how much I like CT, she’s one of the few insta mums which I respect and weirdly find quite relatable (despite the 6 holidays a quarter) but im really disappointed in this.

She’s getting the freebies, she knows the rules. It’s not up to her to decide if it applies - she should be declaring on each photo/video of the holiday and ring she’s encouraging us to buy, that her’s was free.

Reactions: 2
Yes. I said it would be before the end of the week that they all back track and either offer their pay cheques up for charity or stab the brand in the face. 1 out of 2 and it’s only mid week!
But her apology is AWFUL- just run away and hope it blows over?
Her chat is basically, oh I’m so sorry, I’m such a silly billy, please don’t be mad at me I’m blonde and I was just so flattered by the sparkly stuff 👎🏼

Reactions: 5
She’s a character on Orange Is The New Black
Waaaaahahahaha brilliant 😂

INPO is a stupid money grabbing bleep.

I’m glad That mum with cancer called her out.

She should be ashamed.

Typical money grabbing insta wannabe famous twit.

Loser.

Inpo is an idiot but who are these people at Marks and Next who dream up these ill advised campaigns?

Interesting to see that Marks and Sparks event today was filled with the said influencers posting hateful stories about their campaign on the bosom buddy bullshit.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree with th @thatmumwithcancer, her post today was just incredible . Patients with breast cancer/survivors should front these campaigns, not frigging Holly Willoughby or free loading insta mummies.

Two people you don’t want commenting with their fake humility. Can’t help themselves, can they!!! 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻
E9B3D765-2D68-48EA-87D4-116A327016F3.jpeg
E9B3D765-2D68-48EA-87D4-116A327016F3.jpeg

Sent a message of support whilst on her free holiday and later posted a picture of her big duck off diamond ring. These people seriously have no limits! 2FC2D7BC-613E-42DB-822C-6609E6679BCD.jpeg You

Attachments

Hence the radio silence - “eventing” with Hobbycraft, make up done at Bobbi Brown then last spotted throwing some shapes on “shop Matalan” dancefloor. No time to feel remorse today - filling her (leopard) boots!
9BEFF78E-A5BE-437D-99FE-3182266F4B83.jpeg
A33A03D7-6C55-46C0-AFBB-2A43D7F9A6D9.jpeg

79E2FD61-9534-47A2-A4C6-80C6975B2C2F.jpeg

Last edited:
There is nothing that these Influencers would inspire me to buy these days.

The likes of Hooper, Telford, Erica Davies and Inpo sitting on their smug , financially comfortable M+S clad arses in Mauritius , Cornwall and Hobbycraft live in a different world to me and I’m glad I’m not part of it.

It’s not real and it’s a pile of stinking bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There is nothing that these Influencers would inspire me to buy these days.

The likes of Hooper, Telford, Erica Davies and Inpo sitting on their smug , financially comfortable M+S clad arses in Mauritius , Cornwall and Hobbycraft live in a different world to me and I’m glad I’m not part of it.

It’s not real and it’s a pile of stinking bullshit.
Exactly this. In a world of filtered fakery and wanted, needed attention just BE YOURSELF.
Vanity always implodes or should that be “Inpo-lodes” 😉

Oh, I see “The MOD Stalker” is heading down to the Kent coast with The Telford shout out for recommendations (aka free offers) for an architect for the Thanet area. Honestly, having been born and brought up in that corner of East Kent (but escaped) I really can’t see the appeal of relocating a young family down to that god awful place other than dirt cheap ‘reno’ projects with insta potential. Oops, guess I’ve just answered my own question!! Yawwwwnn. To be fair, it is quite pretty for about 6 weeks of the year (if you’re lucky) when the sun comes out but otherwise, very.... bleak!!! (And not very instagrammable!)

Reactions: 6
I follow makemotherhooddiverse ans yesterday was a take over of noandroblog - it was a breath of fresh air, someone who is VERY different to me and I am lucky enough to not be on benefits or know much about them so it was quite frankly educational. It really made me think what could I do and I felt a bit ashamed I can’t do more? Anwyay, i then watched lifewithivycoco and thestylemum etc parade round London with a bunch of freebies and feel #soblessed and inpo waltzing around hobbycrafy and it just made me feel so mad that they then are happy to comment on people’s posts- oh you go girl, you’re so inspirational but 5 secs later they’re the grabbiest vile humans. How about saying to M&S/hobbycraft etc - be more inclusive and diverse? How about not just inviting some more working class families, how about actually giving them the money to travel etc to these events? How about having one in Manchester or Glasgow? Clemmie is on her 100th getaway and is so caring and understands the plight of these working class families because she once had some money problems but never do you see her saying you know what- I’m going to give this weekend away to someone else who deserves it and il get them to do a guest blog for me. I am just gobsmacked, yesterday’s day of freebies “for the kids” made me want to be sick - gluttoness and wasteful.

Reactions: 19
I love makemotherhooddiverse which is another reason I love CB.

Many a time has a commenter said that they could have given the holiday away to someone more in need and I love the idea of that. However, the company is not #gifting the holiday as a charitable deed, it is for their own benefit. If they want MOD to show the latest £47k a week villa on her tiles then they don't want single mum of 2 Barbara on benefits turning up, who only has 200 followers. I imagine the #gift is very much conditional, it isn't really a gift for them to do whatever they want. It still grates on me though that some of them have had 4 holidays already this year.

Reactions: 4
Make motherhood diverse was great yesterday. I’m now following the girl that did the takeover. Candice’s rant yesterday about ‘Ella sounding names’ had me eye rolling. Someone wrote in to her about it as well and she is just so catty about anyone not seeing things the way she wants them to. So many times I’ve took note of what’s CB has said and educated myself but she refuses to do the same when anyone else messages her.

• Wow
Make motherhood diverse was great yesterday. I’m now following the girl that did the takeover. Candice’s rant yesterday about ‘Ella sounding names’ had me eye rolling. Someone wrote in to her about it as well and she is just so catty about anyone not seeing things the way she wants them to. So many times I’ve took note of what’s CB has said and educated myself but she refuses to do the same when anyone else messages her.
I don't follow her anymore but this is my issue with her; she has a great message but appears to have some sort of attitude problem. She is very catty about those who disagree with her.

I love makemotherhooddiverse which is another reason I love CB.

Many a time has a commenter said that they could have given the holiday away to someone more in need and I love the idea of that. However, the company is not #gifting the holiday as a charitable deed, it is for their own benefit. If they want MOD to show the latest £47k a week villa on her tiles then they don't want single mum of 2 Barbara on benefits turning up, who only has 200 followers. I imagine the #gift is very much conditional, it isn't really a gift for them to do whatever they want. It still grates on me though that some of them have had 4 holidays already this year.
Yep. Unfortunately this idea doesn't work for brands. But there are ways to do it. How about a like for like offer? Ie, brands give the influencer the holiday and also donate the same holiday? I don't think influencers ask brands about this enough. OR a family that wouldn't normally get the chance goes instead of the influencer, and the influencer uses their HUGE platforms to post the content from a 'normal' family. I'd actually love to see more of that happening.

Reactions: 7
I don't follow her anymore but this is my issue with her; she has a great message but appears to have some sort of attitude problem. She is very catty about those who disagree with her.
Now now- remember- she can be catty, we can’t! She is not angry or catty- how dare you say that! That makes you racist! I saw the thing this morning and i really did think exactly the same as above, she can be the biggest witch but woe betide anyone who does anything to her. Also we all have to educate ourselves but she doesn’t have to? And that’s her point this morning, how dare anyone slide into her DMs and be all white privilege- ummmmm you’ve just insulted a whole load of your followers no matter what their race by slagging off little girls and their names huh?

• Sad
brought up in that corner of East Kent (but escaped) I really can’t see the appeal of relocating a young family down to that god awful place other than dirt cheap ‘reno’ projects with insta potential.
I agree, I think she’s mad. Unless you’ve got family down there (as Clemmie 1 has) I just don’t see the appeal. Most seaside resorts are grim out of season. I’m surprised she sold the house though, it looked very over priced, but well done her if she did.

Now now- remember- she can be catty, we can’t! She is not angry or catty- how dare you say that! That makes you racist! I saw the thing this morning and i really did think exactly the same as above, she can be the biggest witch but woe betide anyone who does anything to her. Also we all have to educate ourselves but she doesn’t have to? And that’s her point this morning, how dare anyone slide into her DMs and be all white privilege- ummmmm you’ve just insulted a whole load of your followers no matter what their race by slagging off little girls and their names huh?
I hate myself for saying it but CB has a lot in common with CC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.