Inner child therapy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious to see if anyone has experience in this. Not sure if that’s the correct name for it but that’s what I’ve always called it.

I’ve been doing it for a long time now with a therapist and I find it really helpful so I thought if others are doing it too or are curious, we can share experiences

my New Years resolution is to continue to work on the conflict and help heal little shadow. I feel like I make progress with one thing but something else pops up. Right now I’m dealing with how much I hate any kind of attention and how it always translates to me feeling like an inconvenience even if it’s positive.

I've been touching on it lightly with my therapist. She thinks it's somewhere we need to go but we're taking it slow because I find it very difficult to even think about myself as a child.

Great to hear it's working out for you though.

Curious to see if anyone has experience in this. Not sure if that’s the correct name for it but that’s what I’ve always called it.

I’ve been doing it for a long time now with a therapist and I find it really helpful so I thought if others are doing it too or are curious, we can share experiences

my New Years resolution is to continue to work on the conflict and help heal little shadow. I feel like I make progress with one thing but something else pops up. Right now I’m dealing with how much I hate any kind of attention and how it always translates to me feeling like an inconvenience even if it’s positive.
Started talking about this today with mine. My homework is to write a letter to mine and have her write back too.

He also suggested keeping a photo of a younger me on my bathroom mirror with affirmations.

The therapist John Bradshaw has a good series on youtube called Homecoming. Well done for making a start. Progress is not linear.