Influencers using Depop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone noticed that any fashion influencers you follow are likely to be on Depop selling, yes SELLING FOR MORE MONEY the clothes they have been given for FREE.

So they get a bunch of clothes sent to them for free, they get paid X amount from the brand to do a post about said clothes. They then sell the clothes for more money.

Greedy or good way to make money?

Reactions: 1
I think it’s greedy, they should donate what they don’t want to charity

Reactions: 7
it's downright shady and very rude, highlights the waste of time it is for companies to send freebies out, it doesn't work as a marketing strategy. If an influencer is working with, eg M&S, and has an allowance to spend per month in store, and are then quickly selling on those items, they must be really quite tit at their job as a fashion influencer. They have the pick of the whole range and yet still can't choose items they will wear and keep.

Reactions: 2
The amount they’re able to sell on shows the sheer volume of clothes they must be getting sent and it ridiculous.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s so rude. I watched a video where someone did a review, unboxing etc. Then I saw it on her Depop the following week! Shambles.

it's downright shady and very rude, highlights the waste of time it is for companies to send freebies out, it doesn't work as a marketing strategy. If an influencer is working with, eg M&S, and has an allowance to spend per month in store, and are then quickly selling on those items, they must be really quite tit at their job as a fashion influencer. They have the pick of the whole range and yet still can't choose items they will wear and keep.
They dont think they even think about keeping the clothes .. they just want more more more . Try on, wear, discard. Sell .... Next freebie please ! Their job is done once they’ve posted the pics .. ..
Such a shallow me me me world

I think it depends on the situation. 99% of the time I’d say donate it to charity. But if the brand hasn’t paid them and they’ve just sent them clothes, people can’t live on free clothes, so if the only job they have is blogging and they need to make additional money I don’t see the harm in listing some things on Depop.

Obviously don’t promote it as something that’s amazing and you wear it all the time, then list it as brand new never worn cause that’s shady. But if a brand isn’t paying actual money then they have to make money somehow? I don’t know.

Reactions: 3
I don’t believe for a minute they give it to charity. Molly-Mae said she was donating all the money made to charity, yet when on Steven Bartlett podcast she couldn’t even name a charity she liked?