Industry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone watching this? There has been three episodes so far but the entire series is due to go on i player tomorrow. Its about a group of recent grads on a graduate scheme in the finance industry

Reactions: 2
I jave been watching this! Enjoying it so far, but don't really have a clue what they are talking about in the office!

Reactions: 3
Is anyone watching this? There has been three episodes so far but the entire series is due to go on i player tomorrow. Its about a group of recent grads on a graduate scheme in the finance industry
I have been a secretary to some graduates many years ago when I worked for a merchant bank in the City. Many were from backgrounds where they were born ā€with a silver spoon in their mouthsā€. Some were very well-mannered and lovely, others not so.

I shall have to have a nose at this programme. I wonder what the calibre of graduates is these days.

I was fully expecting to hate-watch this but I actually liked it and ended up binging it. No character in it is fully likeable, I have zero understanding of any of the financial terms but it does draw you in. You're never totally sure of any character's motivations and every 20 minutes somebody gets completely screamed at and soundly humiliated. It made me so glad I don't work in the financial sector šŸ˜‚ Reminded me a bit of This Life, I'm looking forward to season 2.

Reactions: 1
I thought it was OK - found the ending unsatisfactory though I think.

It did feel a bit This Life - but not half as good IMO (although I watched TL when I was probably too young for it so probably have my rose tinted glasses on)

I ended up feeling a bit sorry for Robert in the end, he asked a lot a people about themselves, how they spent weekend, xmas etc but nobody never returned the question and then his ending wasnt clear

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Iā€™m looking to there being a series 2. Some of the characters will obviously be familiar and itā€™s something with a different theme to it.

I enjoyed it. Itā€™s got hints of This Life hasnā€™t it (the greatest TV drama ever). No likeable characters at all really, although theyā€™re not out and out awful. Loved the soundtrack.

So series 2 has started

I'm not sure if I will continue to watch, to be honest.

The first series relied a lot on sex and nudity, which seems quite exploitative of young actors. Knowing one of the actors was in Skins, and how those casts were treated, just makes you think nothing has really changed there.

Harper as a main character just doesn't work. I get 'anti hero's' I get 'flawed' characters, but she seems to always land on her feet, despite doing things that would get her fired and deported (plus being rude to the serving staff at the bar!). It just seems unbelievable. Thinking back to Skins, I would have liked if each episode centered on one of the characters instead.

I liked how they focused on the impact of 'class', that was a good addition. Ditto, how the new series doesn't just gloss over the pandemic, but you can see how it impacted their working and personal lives.