Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I'm confused as to why there's so many vegans in there. I'm vegetarian myself but surely if you know a big part of it is eating bugs and doing animal-related challenges, you wouldn't go on there in the first place? I'm curious as to how they'll make it even/fair if they can't do those challenges.
Which ones are vegans?

I'm loving John, he seems to be taking it all in his stride so far!

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
You've got to bare in mind that Ann wouldn't think in the same way you or I do. She's on the autistic spectrum. As someone with family members who are the same, I understand it a little better...

I personally think she's coping amazingly well. Yeah, she has to be ruled out of many trials, but each day in there is a trial in itself for someone like her.

She definitely wouldn't realise or even consider giving up her spot at the feast for someone else. It wouldn't cross her mind.
I know Anne has autism, I even understand the type she has. In my post above the one you read I said I have a massive soft spot for her and how difficult it must be for her to just do normal tasks in there. Of course it would cross her mind to suggest Nick go to the feast as everyone was offering themselves to be the one not to go and she was watching but remained silent. As a result, there is a bit of a backlash starting against her and it's a real shame. Her task was also easy, no heights, no climbing, just going from room to room and she shouted im a celeb get me out of here again. I fear the backlash will get worse, but I think she's doing great.

Last edited:

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
Here's some facts if anyone is interested :)

I'm a celeb is filmed at Dungay on Creek Road, near Murwillumbah, New South Wales. Here it is on google earth :m

celeb.jpg

It is approx 30 mins from the skyscrapers on the coast.

This second red circle is the hotel Palazzo Versace on the gold coast. It's where Holly and Dec are staying for a month. It's the ultimate in luxury, 5 stars. It's why the celebs keep saying how wonderful 5 stars are, as they have just left there & will return there as they are voted out.

celeb2.jpg

This is the Versace hotel, where Holly and Dec stay with their families at a cost of £1,770-a-night.

celeb3.jpg

You will hear many times over the years that where they stay is deep within a jungle and a million miles away from civilization. In fact, there are locals, hotels, and businesses in the area of Dungay itself, inc a banana plantation with workers. It is a regular place! In fact many of the editors live there in hotels.

Here is Anne's manager saying her 30k medical bill was important as they are deep within the jungle, and far from any hospitals. However there is a medical team at the camp plus there are two large hospitals on the gold coast nearby.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ertys-Im-Celeb-medical-bill-cost-30-000.html?

There is a bit of a backlash against Holly, who's costing ITV a fortune to do this show!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...bys-entourage-costing-TV-bosses-FORTUNE.html?

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
It's honestly panned out really different than I thought it would!

Anne has faded into the background. The producers seems massively worried about her walking out so have given her little to nothing much. She seems to have settled in better. I felt bad for her that she's a total fish out of water in this experience and I hope she's getting something out of it. I don't think she will come even close to winning, and people are getting irritated with her being exempt from tasks but if that's what it takes to keep her there then I agree with it, we will never understand what she is going through every day in comparison to everyone else. I have a massive soft spot for her & I think they included her to give hope to others with autism so I understand their reasons for doing everything to keep her in there & I hope she makes it to the end and gives a lot of hope to others. It's also great she's done a couple of tasks and did well lately.

It's obvious Harry will win, mostly as the others just aren't shining. He's the only one who from Day 1 has shown great humour, fab personality and downright entertainment. Rita, Emily, John, James, Nick, Malique and Sair are completely forgettable. I couldn't tell you one thing they did.

I thought John would ham up more and be a beaming positive light but he's not, he's just like a regular guy not the charismatic guy we see on shows like celeb juice. When he talked about his bad moods & how his bf always say uh oh time for John to have a sandwich, I was surprised that's his character, I've never seen that before. He just seems angry that other personalities are in his space & now he's in an eternal sulk. He might as well not be there. This will be a damaging show for him, I feel. I've gone off him and so have others from what I'm seeing.

I think Noel is just there to resurrect his career. A friend of his said his divorces cost him a packet and now he's re-married he needs more jobs and money. Makes sense. I can't imagine anything else dragging him out of retirement. He doesn't seem to care about winning, he just wants to get thru it and remind everyone he exists and hopefully get a gig after it. Made me laugh though when he said, after my retirement I got offered even more tv jobs and I have to keep turning them down. lol! I don't think anyone goes thru the jungle unless they're a bit desperate for either fame or money.

I'm trying not to get confused because I'm also watching the 2017 show, and I much prefer the 2017 one :ROFLMAO: As much as I don't particularly like Ant he certainly knows how to ham it up with Dec and bring a charm to the show and I absolutely love Toff, Iain and Stanley and a few others have strong characters. It just seems like more fun and lively!

This show is really forgettable about from Harry, that's about it.

I believe vegans and vegetarians are not allowed to be, it's in their contract. It's why Fleur eats meat in the jungle. It's impossible to feed them the amount of fruit and veggies they need so they have to make allowances before they sign the contract. I'm vegan and love animals and I hate the way they treat them in this show. I would find all the tasks easy as I just want to hug them all. I kinda hate myself for watching, I refused to watch it after the first series, but somehow my neighbour got me into watching this one and I'm kinda enjoying the nice weather and people chats so I decided to see what I missed with the last show too.

It's nice to see them asking celebs to be very careful not to step on the snakes, and featuring the snakes on the (awful) after show with love, I saw one episode of that and it was lovely to see them call the snake by her name and tell us about her and how many appearances she'd one on the show as she is a pet. She is the one who was grabbed out. I honestly think the owners of these pets are really brave (or stupid!) to let these terrified celebs near their babies.

I agree about Dec's rude jokes, they fall flat and aren't funny with Holly, it just comes off as really creepy. He does the same jokes with Ant and it's just really funny! Holly just isn't a good fit for this show. The jokes would've worked better with that other guy who's name I forget haha.

Last edited:

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Although it is weird without Ant, I'm really liking it this year. I love Harry, Rita and Anne, she did so well in the X Factor challenge and I know some people don't think she does much, but for someone with autism/aspergers, it is a huge deal.

I also think Holly is great, yes, she isn't Ant and has a completely different dynamic with Dec but at least she isn't fake.

I disliked Noel until todays catch a falling star trial and the X Factor trial.

James doesnt seem to be getting much air time but that should change tomorrow with the second half of todays trial.

The most boring camp mate? Sair - dull as dishwater!