IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a routine MRI earlier this year. Had a letter last week telling me I have a Fibrotic Stricture near Terminal Ilium, and if I get pain after eating, I should consider a low residue diet. Anyone had imminent issues after having a similar MRI result?

On the plus side, the SC Infliximab is working really well, 3 jabs in and no degradation of how it works for me
I’ve had a TI stricture and infliximab actually healed it.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had a positive fit test as I am freaking out
I have UC and always have positive FIT test when flaring. It shows blood in poo. Do you have IBD or you showing symptoms? Did they do a calprotectin test too? I know it's easy to say but try not to stress too much there are many reasons why it could be positive.

I have UC and always have positive FIT test when flaring. It shows blood in poo. Do you have IBD or you showing symptoms? Did they do a calprotectin test too? I know it's easy to say but try not to stress too much there are many reasons why it could be positive.
I don’t have an ibd diagnosis as yet, I’m waiting on a gastro appointment have been for 3 years I do have psoriatic arthritis and crohns and colitis run in that family. I have been having on and off bad sulphur burps, wind constipation but also a felling of not having completed when going to the loo

Sounds likely to be ibd. Ask to be put on pathway if you have a positive fit test.
Keep pushing I know it's tiring having to self advocate all the time. If the pain or bleeding get too bad go to a and e. Especially, if you become too constipated and cannot pass wind.
I had to go to a and e after collapsing in pain and I'd lost so much blood I was anaemic. Done a scope and had total uc of the large bowel. The GP kept saying it was piles. My calprotectin was over 8000. I wish I'd gone sooner.

I had to go to a and e after collapsing in pain and I'd lost so much blood I was anaemic. Done a scope and had total uc of the large bowel. The GP kept saying it was piles. My calprotectin was over 8000. I wish I'd gone sooner.
It's all about getting away from thr GP, they are clueless!

Went to mine during a flare for some pain relief and steriods, and got a lecture on addiction to pain meds! :oops:

I think I’m having a Diverticular flare up as my upper left abdomen is sore again (probably acid too which was suspected when I originally got diagnosed). It feels like so long ago since I had one so I’m racking my brains as to what has caused it. The only real change I can think of is I could just be flaring with tomato again, or it’s pineapple. So odd cause I’m usually fine with it. The worst thing is I always get zero advice from my doctor and I’ll just be told to go nil by mouth baring water for up to 72hrs. Absolutely no good to anyone.

I think I’m having a Diverticular flare up as my upper left abdomen is sore again (probably acid too which was suspected when I originally got diagnosed). It feels like so long ago since I had one so I’m racking my brains as to what has caused it. The only real change I can think of is I could just be flaring with tomato again, or it’s pineapple. So odd cause I’m usually fine with it. The worst thing is I always get zero advice from my doctor and I’ll just be told to go nil by mouth baring water for up to 72hrs. Absolutely no good to anyone.
MotherDragName has diverticular disease. She rarely if ever flares but she got a top tip from someone to drink diet ginger ale if she had a flare. She was rather specifically told to use the Tesco one but I don’t know how much of a deal breaker that part is. I have no idea how helpful or unhelpful this is but I figured I would share and you have no obligation to try it!

• Heart
Reactions: 1