I won’t work with fat people - Samantha yardley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like working with obese people. I work in the care sector (end of life). When I am partnered with someone fat, I have to do all the work. They complain that they can't go down on their knees. Saying thst they cant get up. So I do it! They cant go into small bathrooms to assist with personal care, so I do it. If we attend to a patient in a block of flats, they complain about having to walk up the flights of stairs. I am fed up having to do extra work because they are over weight. I am 64 years old, and weigh 7+1/2 stone. Sorry if anyone is upset by my comment, but it's the truth.
I think you're in the wrong profession....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s a shame your managers aren’t supportive of you but I know they don’t tend to be very good in the care sector :(

Reactions: 3
I feel bad for you in that case. It’s not an easy job, I would never use my weight as an excuse not to do my job right and it shouldn’t fall on anybody to have to carry someone else. Care work is hard enough, you’re right. Anybody that can’t do the work shouldn’t be in the job.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Certain groups of people who relish in saying something ‘controversial’ because ‘everyone’s offended by everything nowadays’. They’re usually not very bright and don’t have many original thoughts beyond that.

Anyone who thought about it for more than a few seconds could probably work out, yes it’s always healthier to have a balanced diet and exercise. No, being overweight doesn’t mean you can’t be fantastic at your job. Yes, some jobs require a certain level of fitness to complete tasks. Anecdotes about a fat person you’ve worked don’t apply to every overweight person ever, because surprisingly people are individuals.

For the record I’m ‘slim’ and lazy as duck when it comes to exercise, I’m great at my job though.

Just bottom feeders trying to make some quick cash with a new SHOCKING claim, the same one we’ve seen every few months in the daily mail.

Reactions: 7