I won’t work with fat people - Samantha yardley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had it on whilst I was we working out.
Ruth and eammon didn’t like her from what I heard and told her off for sayin lazy people haha

Absolute hole! What has size got to do with ability to do a great job?

Absolute hole! What has your size got to do with anything?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
A fitness “guru” who doesn’t work with overweight people? Where’s the logic in that, surely there’s money to be made in helping people to get fit rather than working on people who are already there, or am I missing something?

Also, being overweight is not automatically an indication of laziness. I’m considered overweight, and I’m far from lazy. I am on my feet 12 hours a night, 4 nights a week caring for elderly people. The rest of the time I’m either cleaning my house, running errands, caring for my elderly Grandmother and playing with my very active young children.

Reactions: 12
Didn't see it but she sounds like an absolute bleep.

She's even getting a thrashing from the Daily Mail commenters and they hate fat people so she must have been bad! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She got her name out there though and maybe that was the whole point. She’ll be mea culpa in a few days. Just being controversial has got people talking about her.
She’s an hole doing the Katy Hopkins route to fame/infamy.

Reactions: 4
She got her name out there though and maybe that was the whole point. She’ll be mea culpa in a few days. Just being controversial has got people talking about her.
She’s an hole doing the Katy Hopkins route to fame/infamy.
Exactly this- she's just after her 5 minutes of fame, soon we can go back to not knowing she exists.
I just really hope that her words haven't had too much of a detrimental effect on anyone who is struggling with their weight already :(

Reactions: 4
I think she wanted publicity in a katie Hopkins type way. the problem is she’s just a personal trainer, and she won’t get any business after saying something like that. It’s presumably the end of her business

what I don’t understand is why she was on this morning? Who cares what some random woman pretends to think about fat people?

Reactions: 10
What a head! I hope people start telling her no coz they won't work with people with tit eyebrows.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
what I don’t understand is why she was on this morning? Who cares what some random woman pretends to think about fat people?
Because this is the kind of bull This Morning produce these days.

I absolutely HATE this programme. Like, with a passion.

Its full of shite like this that people don’t care about and/or full of Z listers.

Who the duck actually watches it?

*Ends This Morning rant*

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Can’t stand these people who go on this morning to say ridiculous things. I mean it obviously generates a lot of attention for them, but I believe most of them are hamming it up to be controversial at this point. It is lame and if she gets extra business after this I’ll be shocked.

Reactions: 5
I don't like working with obese people. I work in the care sector (end of life). When I am partnered with someone fat, I have to do all the work. They complain that they can't go down on their knees. Saying thst they cant get up. So I do it! They cant go into small bathrooms to assist with personal care, so I do it. If we attend to a patient in a block of flats, they complain about having to walk up the flights of stairs. I am fed up having to do extra work because they are over weight. I am 64 years old, and weigh 7+1/2 stone. Sorry if anyone is upset by my comment, but it's the truth.

Reactions: 2
I don't like working with obese people. I work in the care sector (end of life). When I am partnered with someone fat, I have to do all the work. They complain that they can't go down on their knees. Saying thst they cant get up. So I do it! They cant go into small bathrooms to assist with personal care, so I do it. If we attend to a patient in a block of flats, they complain about having to walk up the flights of stairs. I am fed up having to do extra work because they are over weight. I am 64 years old, and weigh 7+1/2 stone. Sorry if anyone is upset by my comment, but it's the truth.
Sounds like that’s a people problem not a fat person problem. Plenty of fat people are not lazy sorry the ones you work with are though.

Reactions: 3
I’m a “fat” carer working in palliative care and also dementia and Parkinson’s care. I’ve been in my job 13 years and my weight has fluctuated over that time for various reasons. I have no problem doing my job well and to the best of my ability. I’m sorry you’ve had a different experience, but comments like that are highly insulting. I’ve found working with people on the lighter end of the scale can be quite difficult too, because some don’t have the upper body strength, and also because some just don’t want to do the work. It goes either way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This woman has had her 5 minutes of fame and she has achieved her goal for today.

We are all talking about her.

• Heart
I’m a “fat” carer working in palliative care and also dementia and Parkinson’s care. I’ve been in my job 13 years and my weight has fluctuated over that time for various reasons. I have no problem doing my job well and to the best of my ability. I’m sorry you’ve had a different experience, but comments like that are highly insulting. I’ve found working with people on the lighter end of the scale can be quite difficult too, because some don’t have the upper body strength, and also because some just don’t want to do the work. It goes either way.
I am very fit and have a good upper body strength. I am giving you my opinion. If someone is too fat to work in a small bathroom, then I am nominated to go to that patient.

Surely you don’t work with many people too fat to fit in a small bathroom though Morag? I’m sure it’s not a big problem.

as an observation/ stereotype though I don’t think it’s unusual for very slim women of your age group to have real problems with overweight people.

Surely you don’t work with many people too fat to fit in a small bathroom though Morag? I’m sure it’s not a big problem.

as an observation/ stereotype though I don’t think it’s unusual for very slim women of your age group to have real problems with overweight people.
I don't have a problem in any other situation bar work.

Reactions: 1