I kissed a Boy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s been such a great watch, BBC have really nailed this one my only criticism would be I wanted MORE episodes and the ending felt a bit rushed

Reactions: 11
Totally agree with rushed ending. I must admit I'm in tears watching the final. What a wonderful group of men celebrating love and the fact Ollie and Dan had their parents there was very special.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think Ollie is one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen. Very happy for him and Dan, they make a lovely couple, and their parents seem really nice

Reactions: 4
So that's a wrap!

Episode 7 was interesting - Matty revealing his struggles accepting himself and being scared what others thought. He & Ollie also brought up the difficulties of being gay around older straight men and the judgement that often comes with that. Definitely very relatable for me.

Episode 8 wasn't my favourite. I just didn't like the concept of family coming in to meet them and then have the 'commitment ceremony' in front of relatives. Naff, cheesy and too Love Island esque for me. But was happy when Ben got eliminated and liked the gay icons party (Ollie as Alan Turing!)

Then, the reunion show! Mikey & Josh seem to be exchanging photos with each other these days, Gareth reveals he's been contacted by people saying that the show has given them hope/confidence. He & Subomi are no longer together.

Ben & Vitor reunited, pretty much what I expected. Ben also said that he thought Ross had it in for him. Ben & Matty not together, and it didn't appear that they even had a real crack at it outside of the show. Jake & Kailum also no longer together, the distance and work seemed to be the issue there.

Matty & Joseph open up a bit before a VT of fans talking about the impact of the show. Then it's on to Ross & Ceejay, where Ross appears to have given Ceejay the "Ben" treatment, blaming Ceejay for being too 'full on' and Ceejay said that Ross basically left him on read for several days at one point. Ross IMO is a hypocrite, drama queen, disrespectful and sour. I really wish he'd been eliminated early doors and we could have had more of Bobski or even Mikey.

Finally, Ollie & Dan appear to be rather loved up, they are still together! You can tell that they are genuinely happy. Seems like Ollie has spent some time living with Dan and also went to see his family in Scotland. Dan said in an Insta Q&A that he's from Coatbridge whilst Ollie's mum is from Motherwell, so it's nice that they have that link.

For next series, I hope that it lasts a bit longer, and includes a slightly wider age range - not guys old enough to be their dad, but would it really hurt to have a couple of guys over 30? I'd say less artificial drama but it is reality TV so that's to be expected. Please also ditch Layton Williams as narrator, I found his commentary OTT and cringe the whole way, was not at all missed in the reunion show. I ended up quite liking Dannii by the end, she seemed genuinely invested in the guys.

All in all - I'd say this show was a success!

Reactions: 3
So that's a wrap!

Episode 7 was interesting - Matty revealing his struggles accepting himself and being scared what others thought. He & Ollie also brought up the difficulties of being gay around older straight men and the judgement that often comes with that. Definitely very relatable for me.

Episode 8 wasn't my favourite. I just didn't like the concept of family coming in to meet them and then have the 'commitment ceremony' in front of relatives. Naff, cheesy and too Love Island esque for me. But was happy when Ben got eliminated and liked the gay icons party (Ollie as Alan Turing!)

Then, the reunion show! Mikey & Josh seem to be exchanging photos with each other these days, Gareth reveals he's been contacted by people saying that the show has given them hope/confidence. He & Subomi are no longer together.

Ben & Vitor reunited, pretty much what I expected. Ben also said that he thought Ross had it in for him. Ben & Matty not together, and it didn't appear that they even had a real crack at it outside of the show. Jake & Kailum also no longer together, the distance and work seemed to be the issue there.

Matty & Joseph open up a bit before a VT of fans talking about the impact of the show. Then it's on to Ross & Ceejay, where Ross appears to have given Ceejay the "Ben" treatment, blaming Ceejay for being too 'full on' and Ceejay said that Ross basically left him on read for several days at one point. Ross IMO is a hypocrite, drama queen, disrespectful and sour. I really wish he'd been eliminated early doors and we could have had more of Bobski or even Mikey.

Finally, Ollie & Dan appear to be rather loved up, they are still together! You can tell that they are genuinely happy. Seems like Ollie has spent some time living with Dan and also went to see his family in Scotland. Dan said in an Insta Q&A that he's from Coatbridge whilst Ollie's mum is from Motherwell, so it's nice that they have that link.

For next series, I hope that it lasts a bit longer, and includes a slightly wider age range - not guys old enough to be their dad, but would it really hurt to have a couple of guys over 30? I'd say less artificial drama but it is reality TV so that's to be expected. Please also ditch Layton Williams as narrator, I found his commentary OTT and cringe the whole way, was not at all missed in the reunion show. I ended up quite liking Dannii by the end, she seemed genuinely invested in the guys.

All in all - I'd say this show was a success!
Ollie and Dan were made for each other, they just worked. And I'm so glad they are giving it a good go after the show. Hope they work it.

The series Definitely needed to be longer, I want more, but also less, in that I don't want all the drama.

Ross was absolutely a nasty little witch.

And I just want Mikey to be happy, he was my kinda guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m so happy for Dan and Ollie but gutted about Gareth and Subomi! Their explanation seemed a bit strange, I wonder what the real backstory was there.

Reactions: 1
DAN AND OLLIE ARE IN LOVE!!! so beautiful <3 gutted for gareth and subomi, i really thought they would go the distance :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3