Huw Edwards #11 BBC Presenter Scandal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is actually a Very interesting 60 minute lecture and Q&A Huw did 2 months ago, all about Social Media in general and News in particular... He says some very "topical" things, abou Twitter, Facebook and A.I....and he first Q of r Q&A is "How do you rebuild Trust", blimey... and a few unfortunate ones too...He starts at about 33 minutes...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

I donā€™t know what planet some of these BBC types live on, honestly. This sort of tweet sums up why the organisation at times seems in such a mess. A bubble would be putting it mildly.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Ah Huw ā€ it was you. Good work, Tattlers.

I was never keen on him. He wasn't all that, and certainly not worth the money he was being paid. Couldn't care less if I don't see him on my telly ever again. All I can think about is him being the front man for the Queen's death/funeral/coronation, while between takes he probably had his phone out getting his rocks off to teenagers. Gross.

• Sick
Reactions: 51
Iā€™m not a fan of Katie Hopkins but on this I agree with her wholeheartedly.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 112
I was positively gleeful when Schofield got his comeuppance... but for some reason I can't shake feeling a knot in my stomach over this. Is it just me / am I being too sentimental? Maybe it's just because I always felt like Schofe was a nasty snake in all his interactions with others, but I didn't get the same feeling from someone that simply read out the news.

From Sophie's reaction when announcing that he'd been named, and his wife's statement, I do think it's possible he made an attempt on his own life before going into in-patient treatment.

My thoughts are with his family right now, and I do hope he can stabilise and find a way to move forward. It really does feel like an earth-shattering thing to happen... imagine being compared to Jimmy Saville, after police have said there's no current evidence of any crime? If the Beeb investigation (even without any illegal aspect) finds any wrong-doing, I hope the victims are supported and get the justice they deserve, too. Let's see what opening the flood gates brings out...

I'm very curious about the first young person, and the estranged relationship with their mother/step-father. For some reason, even with so little information, I'm side-eyeing the mother here. Something feels toxic. Hopefully we don't learn more so the young person can keep their anonymity in tact.

I wonder which other TV personalities out there are hiding that they are gay? It seems to be so incredibly damaging for some who have had to hide who they are... not only for their own mental health, but for innocent family and other individuals that get caught up in it along the way, too. It feels like it having to be a "dirty little secret" then becomes a self-fulfilling loop where successively darker aspects get folded into the mix over time.

Also... Obligatory duck The S*n.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 137
We've seen the mental health card played before and we know Huw Edwards had a history of depression. However that goes no way to excuse his behaviour, he is a married man in his 60's. Going on a gay dating app or Onlyfans throwing large amounts of money at photos of young arses a third of your age is just disrespectful, not illegal.

Also in such a high profile public role it was just plain stupid doing that, opening himself up to blackmail and ridicule. Actions do indeed have consequences and the one would say did they threat of exposure plunge him into a mental health episode rather than the realisation he was attracted to men or the shame he was paying money for arse photos.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
With this talk of 'hiding that he is gay' - we don't know that he is actually gay... remember bisexuality and pansexuality exist. There is nothing to suggest he doesn't still love and find his wife attractive until he says as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I was positively gleeful when Schofield got his comeuppance... but for some reason I can't shake feeling a knot in my stomach over this. Is it just me / am I being too sentimental? Maybe it's just because I always felt like Schofe was a nasty snake in all his interactions with others, but I didn't get the same feeling from someone that simply read out the news.

From Sophie's reaction when announcing that he'd been named, and his wife's statement, I do think it's possible he made an attempt on his own life before going into in-patient treatment.

My thoughts are with his family right now, and I do hope he can stabilise and find a way to move forward. It really does feel like an earth-shattering thing to happen... imagine being compared to Jimmy Saville, after police have said there's no current evidence of any crime? If the Beeb investigation (even without any illegal aspect) finds any wrong-doing, I hope the victims are supported and get the justice they deserve, too. Let's see what opening the flood gates brings out...

I'm very curious about the first young person, and the estranged relationship with their mother/step-father. For some reason, even with so little information, I'm side-eyeing the mother here. Something feels toxic. Hopefully we don't learn more so the young person can keep their anonymity in tact.

I wonder which other TV personalities out there are hiding that they are gay? It seems to be so incredibly damaging for some who have had to hide who they are... not only for their own mental health, but for innocent family and other individuals that get caught up in it along the way, too. It feels like it having to be a "dirty little secret" then becomes a self-fulfilling loop where successively darker aspects get folded into the mix over time.

Also... Obligatory duck The S*n.
I canā€™t say Iā€™m fond of people who abuse their position and power, thinking itā€™s okay to send inappropriate and flirtatious messages to young members of staff but each to their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
All these people sticking up for him, I cannot believe it. Dan Walker etc. See how theyā€™d like it if it was their 17 year old son he was buying nudes from! On what planet, other than this new woke, sycophantic one do we almost unanimously as a nation feel sorry for a creep?

• Heart
Reactions: 96
All these people sticking up for him, I cannot believe it. Dan Walker etc. See how theyā€™d like it if it was their 17 year old son he was buying nudes from! On what planet, other than this new woke, sycophantic one do we almost unanimously as a nation feel sorry for a creep?
Apparently he was buying them on Onlyfans an over 18 site so Huw would have thought the bloke was 18. Creepy and seedy. but no illegal.

But let's face it Huw Edwards career as a BBC news anchor is over, his reputation is in tatters and it won't recover. Whether it's a royal wedding, funeral etc people would switch on and say 'theres that Welsh guy that paid for arse photos from young men"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Gawd the twists and turns in this story are giving me whiplash. So the Sun has taken fright and announced that itā€™s backing off publishing any more allegations (of which there are clearly plenty) so ā€¦. The lovely and trustworthy Victoria Derbyshire at the BBC has taken over??!!??

So whoā€™s the villain of the story now? Help me Iā€™m so confused šŸ˜§šŸ« 

ETA and thereā€™s a lot of old powerful white men caping for Huw, especially Alistair Campbell, whose CV includes lying constantly to the media and public about Iraq, bullying David Kelly to death, and bullying journalists and young colleagues.

Yeah. Iā€™m gonna go with my original instincts on this story.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Apparently he was buying them on Onlyfans an over 18 site so Huw would have thought the bloke was 18. Creepy and seedy. but no illegal.

But lets face it Huw Edwards career as a BBC news anchor is over, his reputation is in tatters and it won't recover.
I donā€™t think we know he was on only fans, I think itā€™s people assuming. Unless theyā€˜ve now stated that?

Reactions: 27
The police have stated that no laws were broken, so I think itā€™s safe to say that he wasnā€™t buying photos of a 17 year old, because that would of course, be illegal.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
He's been an absolute idiot. I hope he's receiving help and his family have all the support too. My thoughts on the S#n? Absolute red top rag of the worst sort. That's it

Reactions: 24
Gawd the twists and turns in this story are giving me whiplash. So the Sun has taken fright and announced that itā€™s backing off publishing any more allegations (of which there are clearly plenty) so ā€¦. The lovely and trustworthy Victoria Derbyshire at the BBC has taken over??!!??

So whoā€™s the villain of the story now? Help me Iā€™m so confused šŸ˜§šŸ« 

ETA and thereā€™s a lot of old powerful white men caping for Huw, especially Alistair Campbell, whose CV includes lying constantly to the media and public about Iraq, bullying David Kelly to death, and bullying journalists and young colleagues.

Yeah. Iā€™m gonna go with my original instincts on this story.
Me personally Iā€™ve gone from liking Huw Edwards to thinking heā€˜s utterly despicable.

Yes it makes me wonder why these powerful/privileged men are defending Huw, knowing heā€™s now also abused his power/position with young members of staff. I doubt theyā€™d be happy if it were a loved one of theirs being treated like that, the lot of them are hypocrites.
---
The police have stated that no laws were broken, so I think itā€™s safe to say that he wasnā€™t buying photos of a 17 year old, because that would of course, be illegal.
Iā€™m glad you have so much faith in the Police. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s safe to say anything yet, especially after itā€™s now come out he was messaging very inappropriately with young members of staff.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Iā€™m not a fan of Katie Hopkins but on this I agree with her wholeheartedly.
Superb. And regarding Alistair Campbell ... the phrase "With friends like that, who needs enemies" springs to mind. :rolleyes:
---
Owen Jones has leaped to his defence
That lad seems to have more issues than Readers Digest. Already faced bullying claims at The Guardian, which is absolutely awash with bullying if you read Private Eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.