How organised are you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of the peoples organised pantries/cupboards on pinterest are like wow.
I assume you mean:
Like wow get a life - get outside and do something that isn’t putting photos of your dried pasta jars on Instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I do try but i have grown child (21)😂 a cat and a dog and i work 5 days a week only half days so dies he so i only get things done on days off wanna be more organised tho as trying to decorate house or decide on moving

Reactions: 1
I am organised BUT my boyfriend is not!!! in his head nothing needs a home in the house, it will be left where he stopped using it for my to come along and tidy after him. I love everything to be in order, makes me feel good inside. Kitchen is very organised into its categories. Bookcase is in order, my dressing table is on its way to converting to a craft table but still in good order. I do roll up clothes before putting them in a drawer but its mainly for space. even the cats have their own area in the kitchen for all their food, litter, treats ect. the only thing I don't mind being everywhere is their toys xx

Reactions: 3
I’m super organised in terms of my life like I have a couple of diaries and planners to manage my appointments and things like that. I also LOVE a to-do list.

In terms of home, I’m rubbish with clothes organisation etc like I’m proper messy haha if only I could organise my wardrobe like a planner 😂🙈

Really unorganised. My house looks lovely and clean and tidy, but if you open any cupboard you’ll see it’s filled to the brim with crap😂. I’m also horribly unorganised at work but somehow do a good job of acting like I have it all together. It’s my resolution for this year to be more organised in every aspect of my life so we’ll see how that goes

I think for the most part I am quite organised? Like, almost everything has a place where it should go but it don’t necessarily live there all the time. I did try Pinterest style organisation but it just made my days off so stressful! It’s nice to try sorting and being less overwhelmed by stuff, but if trying is more overwhelming than the stuff then it’s not worth it.

Very! I’m a PA so have to be for work and am lucky I have a pretty good memory naturally so I don’t find it stressful and am often the one reminding friends and family of dates, appointments or anniversaries coming up. I do occasionally procrastinate but hate being late (and can’t miss work deadlines) so worst case I get things done in a hurry but always on time. At home I’m not a hoarder at all. We just moved and I am pretty good at being ruthless - if it hasn’t been used it gets donated to charity and I’m making a concerted effort to reduce the amount we buy and only make sensible purchases. My kitchen cupboards and wardrobes get messy but I do keep on top of them and spring clean regularly as I find it makes life easier. I would love a pantry! I think I would draw the line at decanting everything though.
It does have its downsides though as I am the friend that gets tasked with trying to make plans and coordinate people in a group and end up with all of the admin side of things. My husband also lets me do most of the planning with our social life and I’ve had to remind him not to take it for granted and that I still like to be surprised!

Reactions: 6
I'm super organised - I'm known for it! People who come to my house for the first time often ask "is it always this tidy?" and yes it really is! We don't even have a Messy Drawer! I cannot abide untidiness, clutter, mess, disorganisation, it makes me feel stressed - tidy house, tidy mind. I have an ongoing To Do list on my phone which I clear regularly, my wardrobe is immaculate and (don't judge) organised by colour (yes I know but honestly, once you try it you can't think of storing clothes in any other way!) I have regular clear outs although I'm finding that I get rid of less and less as I think I buy better as I get older. I don't have loads of possessions - I have all I need and I like nice stuff but I belong very much to the buy well but buy less school of thought - quality over quality. My fridge is pristine, airing cupboard super tidy, paperwork all filed and shredded regularly, my car is always clean with no tit in it, handbag has the bare essentials, emails are filed - you name it, I organise it! I'm also chief organiser of holidays and nights out. Thankfully my husband is also very organised (although not quite as extreme as me it I must admit) although our combined kids are less so which absolutely B R E A K S M E !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Our house is always tidy, but I think it's mainly because we don't have a whole lot of stuff to organise. I guess that living in a teeny tiny place in London does have it's perks - we simply don't have enough space to accumulate any clutter. 😂

We pack the dishwasher as we cook, wipe down surfaces throughout the day, etc. but I am by no means part of the Hinchbrigade. 😱 It's important to maintain some standard of hygiene but there really is so much more to life than Zoflora and Minky cloths.

I’m not particularly organised at home at all. But I have done bought all of my family’s birthday presents for the year in the sales along with next Christmas’ crackers / cards and new tree decorations

Because I’m not a very naturally organised person, I have embraced minimalism. I now find having less stuff so much less stressful, I find cleaning the house easier and quicker and the things I do keep stay organised as there’s a home for the few things I do have. Minimalism has saved my sanity. I have 3 kids - 2 with Autism and I no longer feel completely overwhelmed and am a much better mum to my kids as I have more time for then than spending my time dealing with the house. We have even minimised our clothes big time so there is less to manage/ put away, small amounts of laundry and I can now see everything we own/wear and we only keep the things we love!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Because I’m not a very naturally organised person, I have embraced minimalism. I now find having less stuff so much less stressful, I find cleaning the house easier and quicker and the things I do keep stay organised as there’s a home for the few things I do have. Minimalism has saved my sanity. I have 3 kids - 2 with Autism and I no longer feel completely overwhelmed and am a much better mum to my kids as I have more time for then than spending my time dealing with the house. We have even minimised our clothes big time so there is less to manage/ put away, small amounts of laundry and I can now see everything we own/wear and we only keep the things we love!
This is what I need to do!! I've just downsized house and have too much stuff. I've not actually unpacked off of it as there's no where for it to go. It really stresses me out.

I try to be organised. When it comes to school and work stuff I'm on it. House stuff isn't to bad. We have junk drawers but other spaces are organised enough so we know where things are.

I have allergy to dust mites and a tendency to procrastinate, and I can’t think in a messy environment, so I had to get really organised. It started with decluttering and aiming for clear, easy to clean surfaces, but it escalated into labelled glass jars in the kitchen cupboards, meal prepping and planning and putting my entire life into Todoist. It’s helped me develop healthier habits and I get a lot of work done, so I’m not complaining, but sometimes I fell like a slave to that list and wish I could just be a but more spontaneous.

I’m that bad my fella says watching me get ready for work is like watching a bomb go off
thankfully he’s on the ball and knows where everything is even before I know I need it
it amazes him that I managed to bring up six kids without losing one
hes not half as amazed as I am!
half of em are worse than me!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm super organized in the sense that everything has a place and goes back to its place after it has been used. My wardrobes are neat and everything is sorted by colour, my work desk is always immaculate because I can't work around clutter, all my bills are in a file and sorted by category, etc.

The one place I cannot for the life of me get sorted is my work emails. I need to remember to sort emails into appropriate folders immediately, but in the thick of work I never remember to. My inbox is currently at 5000+ emails from over the years; all read and replied to but nothing sorted at all. If someone were to come in to take on my job, they'd never find the correspondence they were looking for! Now it's too late to try to sort it all- it would take months!
The odd thing is, everything else at work is sorted. Desk is clear, drawers are organized, files are all up-to-date, paper work all accounted for and easy to sort through. It's just the digital correspondence that I couldn't figure out how to stay on top off. So embarrassing!

I'm super organized in the sense that everything has a place and goes back to its place after it has been used. My wardrobes are neat and everything is sorted by colour, my work desk is always immaculate because I can't work around clutter, all my bills are in a file and sorted by category, etc.

The one place I cannot for the life of me get sorted is my work emails. I need to remember to sort emails into appropriate folders immediately, but in the thick of work I never remember to. My inbox is currently at 5000+ emails from over the years; all read and replied to but nothing sorted at all. If someone were to come in to take on my job, they'd never find the correspondence they were looking for! Now it's too late to try to sort it all- it would take months!
The odd thing is, everything else at work is sorted. Desk is clear, drawers are organized, files are all up-to-date, paper work all accounted for and easy to sort through. It's just the digital correspondence that I couldn't figure out how to stay on top off. So embarrassing!
Do you use google mail? I find it amazing for email filing, the search and label functions are brilliant. I now use my inbox as a to-do list and manage to finish most days with it clear. I’m dying to get my hands on my husband’s. It’s so worth spending a day getting it done!